Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Wed 07-Aug-19 06:15:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky start with some cloud in Brackley this morning, a quiet day maybe place flowers on family graves.
Will watch some Cycling on TV later .
Mick

Grammaretto Thu 08-Aug-19 09:30:23

Well done on your limerick Nankate had you thought about writing for cards? I think you could have a career smile

NanKate Thu 08-Aug-19 06:45:52

Thanks Gilly I never thought of dialects and pronunciation, how interesting. I am a Brummie but because I had a very bad stammer as a child I had elocution lessons and came out talking differently from my mates.

gillybob Wed 07-Aug-19 23:01:29

Much better than I could ever do and well deserving of a prize NanKate but being a Geordie I struggled to get “Archie” , “classy” and “horsey” to ryhme .

Sorry I know I’m terribly common grin

GabriellaG54 Wed 07-Aug-19 20:54:44

I see...well, best wishes going forward harrigran with whatever tests and treatments you may have in the pipeline.
It must be very unsettling. ???

NanKate Wed 07-Aug-19 20:47:25

At the request of my GN pals here goes.

There once was a young lad named Archie
Whose parents were really quite classy
His great gran was a hoot
Who raised pheasants to shoot
And hoped he would grow up to be horsey.

Takes bow and shuffles off.

Barmeyoldbat Wed 07-Aug-19 17:57:51

Ah Gillybob you talking about the gc and mud brought back memories of my lot and their friends. If there was mud they would find it. We called them the mud gang.

Heavy rain all night here in N Somerset and dark this morning but we still set off with our bikes for a short ride in Wales (blasted hills). Will have to give up cycling for a week or so as my energy has once again gone and I need a top up of my iron tablets. Going away in 3 weeks so will have to make sure I am over my bad patch.

harrigran Wed 07-Aug-19 14:48:51

I don't think you have to stop before a scan. I didn't take the ppi until after the gastroscopy and test for h-pylori.

GabriellaG54 Wed 07-Aug-19 12:45:32

Don't you have to stop taking PPIs for some days before a CT or MRI?

GabriellaG54 Wed 07-Aug-19 10:46:02

Hi everyone grin
It's sunny with a blue sky and puffy greyish/white clouds here in Godalming. Temp 19° rising to 22° early pm.
My run today ended near Waitrose and I bought duck treats (brioche) and a punnet of strawbs for me to eat by the river. Water to drink.
I plan to spend time in Guildford Castle gardens today and will take my book 'The Damned United' to finish. It's the second reading. Next on my list is The Party's Over by Richard Heinberg.
Quiz and pizza tonight with friends.
Wishing all GNers a good day and flowers] to everyone feeling a bit down. I hope your situations improve. grin Take care.

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 07-Aug-19 10:37:38

Good morning from the south east Kent coast. Bit late today but had to walk into the village for milk; much pleasanter walking along the sea wall to rather than my usual High Road. The cloud is creeping in, with occasional breaks of sun but still pleasantly warm in my sheltered spot. (Seriously thinking about delaying our trip up north til September given all the unpleasant weather reports). Got to think about entertainment for GD today; she doesn’t seem so entranced by the sea and beach at the moment. Have a good day.

Legs55 Wed 07-Aug-19 10:25:30

Good morning from sunny but windy Devon, threat of a few showers today. Got to pop out this morning then hopefully out in the garden.

Sar53 Wed 07-Aug-19 09:35:21

Good morning everyone from a very sunny Essex by the sea. Our summer has been ok so far, I think we've been lucky compared to some parts of the country.
Not much on the cards today, DH will be back later after an overnight stay in Birmingham for a business meeting.
Only just over 3 weeks til our holiday, very much looking forward to it.
Have a good day everyone.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 07-Aug-19 09:26:23

Morning all from a sunny and warm South Notts.

Out for afternoon tea with sister and old school friend later.

I suppose I'd better get some chores done first.

Hope all is well with everyone.

crazyH Wed 07-Aug-19 09:23:18

I dont often come on here because I feel guilty, I'm still laying around, while everyone else is up and about. Anyway, have a nice day everyone. It's dull and dreary here in Wales. Going to London for the weekend with the family, so got to get sone packing done .

Anniebach Wed 07-Aug-19 09:22:17

No Lisa. I put their leads on and they collect them at the front door.

Lisagran Wed 07-Aug-19 09:14:11

Sorry your granddaughter can’t get to you again Anniebach. Do you see the folks that walk your dogs?

Anniebach Wed 07-Aug-19 08:54:16

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Younger granddaughter can’t come down again this week, her car in the garage. Haven’t seen anyone for over two weeks.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mapleleaf Wed 07-Aug-19 08:46:03

Good morning everyone.
It's clouding over now, and showers are forecast but supposed to be clearing later. Time will tell.
Off to a slightly delayed retirement party this pm. Someone else has managed to escape the horror my former workplace has become!
Tidy up the garden in a bit if it stays dry for long enough.
Hope you all enjoy a lovely day, whatever the weather. ?

Pantglas1 Wed 07-Aug-19 08:28:56

Morning all - cleaning like a dervish so that I can enjoy the afternoon sunshine then fish&chip supper at English bar with friends.

Enjoy north Wales vena11 - we’ll be back there tomorrow and I know it’s promising a gorgeous day but not sure it will last!

Have a nice day....

cornergran Wed 07-Aug-19 08:27:24

Good to hear from you harrigran, look after yourself.

Auntieflo Wed 07-Aug-19 08:25:39

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all others.
It's brightening up nicely here, I can see blue sky and a few fluffy clouds from my bed, where I have just had my first cuppa of the day, ahhh nice.
We had a torrential downpour yesterday evening, just after I had put out some washing, so it had an extra rinse and has been out all night now.
Well it's Wed, so half way through the week Gillybob smile
I have to go and collect an order from the garden centre this morning, so nice excuse for a mooch and a coffee as well.
DH is on the last few countdowns for his treatment, great. This last week, he has been very tired, and drops off to sleep at the drop of a hat.
Hoping Harrigran is alright.
Have a good day one and all.

cornergran Wed 07-Aug-19 08:25:18

Morning Mick, morning All. We’ve woken in our corner of Somerset to see huge puddles, pouring again now. No idea how the day will pan out with two resident grandchildren. Off out for breakfast soon, food is good! Too old for puddle jumping and ‘forgot’ their wet weather clothes. Need a sigh emoji. Oh well, we’ll cope. Maybe more baking. Feel sorry for the holidaymakers, this area has little to offer in the rain which seems to be with us for the next week. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Harris27 Wed 07-Aug-19 08:22:23

We have brighter days in the north east but never a summer! It was so dark yesterday at work my kiddies thought it was night time! ( work in a nursery) never mind two half weeks till my holiday can't wait! Have a lovely day all.

dragonfly46 Wed 07-Aug-19 08:20:24

Good morning from Leicestershire. DH has early physio appointment so out for breakfast after.

Then meeting a friend for lunch. Won’t need any dinner!

Thinking of Harrigan

harrigran Wed 07-Aug-19 08:19:36

Good morning from an overcast NE, not raining so that is a bonus.
GP was running late yesterday but at least I was seen, she just read back to me what consultant had said and they would hold fire until after my scan next week. She did give me a prescription for more PPIs so that I can take them morning and night but in this case I don't think it is the acid that it is the problem.
I slept through last night and do not feel like a zombie this morning so better get on with jobs while I am able.