Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Tue 13-Aug-19 06:10:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky with some cloud here in Brackley , looks like a cooler day than what we have had recently.
usual bus trips out to Buckingham and Bicester shops plus coffees .
Mick

GabriellaG54 Tue 13-Aug-19 21:03:48

I sometimes watch painting videos on YouTube which I find v interesting as you can use scrapers instead of brushes.
I might have a go myself...

GabriellaG54 Tue 13-Aug-19 21:00:35

Thanks Marydoll but I didn't take the photo ( just in case you thought I did).
It was taken by one of the men in my Photographic Meetup group and did ask his permission to use it.
I'll be taking some of my own this Autumn. grin flowers

Marydoll Tue 13-Aug-19 20:30:58

I meant to add Gabriella, your photo is a work of art! It's stunning!

Marydoll Tue 13-Aug-19 20:29:49

It looks like a painting, beautiful. smile

GabriellaG54 Tue 13-Aug-19 20:16:00

What a treat for the eyes instead of tall buildings, houses, motorways and concrete.
Enjoy. grin

BlueSapphire Tue 13-Aug-19 10:43:47

The view from my bedroom window at the cottage.

Legs55 Tue 13-Aug-19 10:39:06

Good morning all from Devon, rained overnight, trying to brighten up but mixed day forecast.

BlueSapphire a trip on "Lal Ratty" what a treat, I love that little railway.

Day of housework/gardening planned depending on the weather. Ironing is trying to induce me to do it, I will find any job to avoid ithmm.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 13-Aug-19 09:56:17

Morning all from a bright South Notts. Have ironed and done some housework this morning in readiness for visitor - mustn't be caught napping in that department.

Then taking it easy. Hope all is well with everyone.

EllanVannin Tue 13-Aug-19 09:52:18

Good Morning All x
Sun's shining between very threatening clouds, a lot of turbulence up there.
Woke up in the night/morning listening to the heavy rain, you do get to wonder where it all comes from !

Asda today at some point in between showers.

Hope everyone's appointments go well and Gillybob survives her ordeals which are pretty full-on. I admire you girl.

Have a good day everyone.

GabriellaG54 Tue 13-Aug-19 09:52:09

Winkworth in Autumn finery.

GabriellaG54 Tue 13-Aug-19 09:51:07

Good morning everyone ??

A lovely start here in Godalming with clear blue sky, sunshine and 19°.
Our run today ended at a pretty spot near Winkworth Arboretum which reminded me to renew my NT card.

After breakfast at 10 I'm going riding with a friend who has a farm with horses, llamas and sheep. It's been a while but it will be pleasurable in this weather as not too warm but I must remember to borrow a hi-viz gilet as I can't find mine.

??? to all who can't get out and about and a ? to Gillybob who is a true workhorse.
Take care...

Nannytopsy Tue 13-Aug-19 08:57:20

Good morning everyone! Bright and sunny in Leicester but a definite coolness, as there was yesterday evening. NanKate I recommend the bra shop, like Kitty. Good for swimming costumes too.
Today’s task is to try to buy some sandals but I don’t hold out much hope at this time of year, after the sales.
Have a good day every, particularly those with hospital appointments.

Anniebach Tue 13-Aug-19 08:52:17

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Barmeyoldbat Tue 13-Aug-19 08:46:36

Good morning all from, at the moment, dry and bright day in N Somerset. Just having a bit of breakfast before I head off into the big city for a hospital visit. Also going to go to the bank, do a bit of shopping and have lunch. Appointments not until 4.20 so I will have plenty of time. But just for once I am going to catch the bus as the bus stop is right outside our house. Have a lovely sunny day everyone.

gillybob Tue 13-Aug-19 08:40:00

Good luck for your scan today Harri I will be thinking of you smile

harrigran Tue 13-Aug-19 08:32:08

Good morning from a dry sunny NE.
I have a CT scan this afternoon, another investigation for unexplained epigastric pain. Thankfully I have had four nights undisturbed in a row.
Took GD home last night, last time I will see them until September. I can now get on with all those appointments I have on the back burner.

Alygran Tue 13-Aug-19 08:31:07

Good morning from the High Peak. It’s raining again but looks to be brighter later. Auntieflo I was doing the in out thing with DD1’s washing too! It ended up on the airer in the hall.
Penultimate day with DGS today. I have been his companion every weekday of the school hols so far. He is off on a cruise on Thursday. I shall be home with my feet up.
Cinema today to see Horrible Histories.
Hope everyone has a good day.

NannyJan53 Tue 13-Aug-19 08:30:47

Good morning from a bright and sunny Black Country. It was a lovely sunny day yesterday, so had an enjoyable Health walk, chatting most of the way to a newbie.

Meeting up at DD's today, DS will be there with his two DD's from Lichfield, and I am picking up Mum. So 4 DGD's to be entertained, and an 89 year old smile

NanKate enjoy Market Harborough, I visited there for the first time a year ago, at a GN lunch meet. It involved a train journey and a GN member giving me a lift. It looked like a lovely town the little I saw. Must go back one day.

Have a great day everyone..

aggie Tue 13-Aug-19 08:30:20

good morning all , bright and sunny but cool verging on cold , warmer dressing gown has been called into service , it is 10 in the garden so far
A lovely cousin called to visit , she and I were at primary school together in the distant past , we haven't met for years , we had a good old chin wag

Auntieflo Tue 13-Aug-19 08:19:01

Morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others. It's bright and sunny here again, at the moment. Started off like this yesterday, just got the washing on the line, when down came the rain. So ended up with two airers standing in the back porch, to catch any passing breeze.
A friend visited in the afternoon, we had a great catch up, and tea and cake was enjoyed.
Today is the last day of treatment for DH's radiotherapy, wonderful. The time has gone quickly, and the volunteer drivers and the organising office staff, have been wonderful.
We are so greatful for them. Especially as I will be using one later today as well.
Hope all of you enjoy your day, whether out and about visiting nice places, working (Gillybob thinking of you) or whatever happens to come up. sunshine

cornergran Tue 13-Aug-19 08:16:42

Morning Mick, morning All. Light cloud over our corner of Somerset with the promise of a largely sunny day. Rain forecast forever after today so the jobs can wait and we’ll be off out for a walk to am always quiet local beach. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 13-Aug-19 08:12:47

Good morning from east London, bright but still a lot of cloud around. Tennis was almost a washout yesterday, time for a warm up and got as far as a second game when it threw it down. Strange thing was at home, 4 miles away, it was obvious there’d been very little rain, the sun was shining and the builders were having their lunch in the garden. They must have thought I was mad telling them the rain was coming; then again, it did about 3 hours later. Nothing planned for today but there will be a walk fitted in as exercise is required. Have a good day.

Pantglas1 Tue 13-Aug-19 08:11:11

Morning all from another sunny day in north Wales where the morning chorus was particularly loud today - our feathered friends enjoy the sun as much as we do.

Paperwork & financial finagling this morning then a visit to DD new home later to see what jobs DH needs to do before they actually move in - a handy man is good to know!

Brunette10 Tue 13-Aug-19 08:09:30

Good Morning all, it is sunny here in Fife but rather autumnal, quite cool but it is August after all. Out today for coffee with a friend whom I've not seen for a few weeks so hopefully there will be a lot of catching up to do. hope Tuesday is good to everyone.

BlueSapphire Tue 13-Aug-19 07:58:50

Good morning all from the Lakes again. It is raining heavily at the moment, but it is supported to clear up later. Hope so, as we had planned on visiting late DH's favourite lake, Wastwater, this morning and then a trip on the Ravenglass to Eskdale miniature railway this afternoon.

A lovely day out yesterday; an excellent pub lunch followed by icecreams from the village stores, and a good walk along the river to the
'force' and back, which involved some rock scrambling and the dogs going for a swim. The weather was luckily sunny and warm.

Well, must get up as we hope to leave the cottage a little earlier this morning. Hope everyone's day goes well, and that you enjoy Market Harborough, NanKate; it is a nice little town with a good selection of shops, and a popular place for Northampton folk to visit.