Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(36 Posts)
12Michael Wed 14-Aug-19 06:16:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Quiet day in , maybe a small shop, and watch cycling on TV.
Mick

Tricia55 Wed 14-Aug-19 10:56:20

Hope you feel better soon Harrigran.
Triciax

Tricia55 Wed 14-Aug-19 10:54:27

Good morning all.
Triciax

Justme67 Wed 14-Aug-19 10:32:48

Good morning everyone, I am earlier than usual for me, because I have had a rather dishy young man come to measure for new carpets. He has gone now Ah........! We have heavy rain and then sun at the moment, and once again the weeds are having a marvelous time, and the slugs. Oh well, the joys of gardening. Enjoy your days.

mrsgreenfingers56 Wed 14-Aug-19 10:31:29

Good Morning all,

Very wet and dull day here in Lancashire. Spent yesterday gardening and cutting hedges so welcome a break from the garden and doing to catch up with emails, correspondence and sorting out jobs that get put aside when the weather is good. Whatever you all do have a good day.

harrigran Wed 14-Aug-19 10:27:43

A very late good morning from a grey NE.
Scan took place right on time yesterday, pleased about that as I had to drink a litre of water before I went in. It was a full body scan so I was flat on my back, with arms over head, for quite a while.
Another of litre of water afterwards and I spent the afternoon in the loo.
The pain started during the night and I was up between three and six reading in the study.
Thinking of you gilly.

GabriellaG54 Wed 14-Aug-19 10:05:42

A very good day to all GNers...well not such a good day here ?
It started to lash down at the end of our run this morning and I was a bedraggled sight when I got home.
Never mind, it's cleared up a bit and a hot shower does wonders for the morale.
Breakfast first then meeting OH who is buying a new car and maybe tea and cake later ?...no lunch.
Looking at a bank account last night I noticed that my first broadband DD was only taken on 6th August, yet I've been with them since beginning of April. Rang bank and they confirmed.
Rang Onestream who say I complained about temp loss of service in June (I did) so they reimbursed payments and re-started in August ? a very nice gesture I neither asked for nor expected as it was only 30 mins or less.
Uh-oh...brekkie calls.
I hope a good day is had by all and flowers for everyone...why not ?
Take care.

vena11 Wed 14-Aug-19 09:57:26

Morning all from a wet and miserable Bristol. Home now after our holiday, weather was awful but none the less we enjoyed the change. Hope everyone has a pleasant day .

EllanVannin Wed 14-Aug-19 09:50:33

Good morning All x
Drizzly grey and cold and I'm quite fed up of it as it doesn't do me any good at all. During that ( far distant ) hot spell that we had I'd never felt better, it was great. Everyone else was melting !

No sign of D so her holidays must be next week then she'll be hurtling around with the children to get their uniforms/shoes.

Nothing on the agenda today, it's after tomorrow that'll be the storm after the calm when the central heating's installed--not looking forward to the disruption but it had to come sometime.

All enjoy the day ahead whatever you do.

Mapleleaf Wed 14-Aug-19 09:18:02

Good morning to you all,
It's damp outside, though for the moment not raining. We are forecast thunder storms for this pm.
A quiet day in store, just a bit of ironing to do and perhaps a walk if the rain holds off.
Good news, oldgaijin.
Hope you all have a good day, whatever your plans. ?

Anniebach Wed 14-Aug-19 09:03:30

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

oldgaijin Wed 14-Aug-19 08:58:21

Good morning from a bright and sunny Aberdeenshire, tho' it started like this yesterday before sudden showers of rain, so I won't be in a hurry to get the washing out.

Was signed off from the renal clinic yesterday, hurrah! Any change in kidney function should be picked up in pre chemo blood tests.

The new dish washer arrived yesterday so it was a good opportunity to scrub the floor of thirteen years of accumulated nastiness...where did the tennis ball come from? The mutt has claimed it as his own.

Optician this morning at 10.00 so had better get a move on.

Have a good day everyone.

Harris27 Wed 14-Aug-19 08:41:21

Well itsna dull miserable day in the ne. Where has our summer gone? Sorry you had disturbed night gillybob you do so much as well!! I wish I was as fit as you. Off to work at 11 and fin at 5.30! Holidays looming can't wait. Son number 1 in Mexico with family and said its very hot had lovely conversation with him yesterday as he cooled down in his room with air con on!! Happy Wednesday all!

Luckygirl Wed 14-Aug-19 08:27:28

Morning from the wet Welsh border. Up early with OH's ranting paranoia (he has PD) - apparently I am in a plot to murder him - I am getting used to this.

But........at 10 I will flee the premises and leave the carer to deal with it while I go to my lovely peaceful restful stitching group. We are making panels showing the history of the old village hall to put up in the fabulous new community centre. I learn new techniques and enjoy the company of the other ladies (and one man) - a nice cup of tea and sanity around me!

It sounds as though GC care is much to the fore for many today - enjoy!

gillybob Wed 14-Aug-19 08:27:05

Another miserable start to the day here on the NE Coast which just about suits my mood at the moment . Rain forecast (again) in about an hour .

I have had a “bit of a night” with little Miss Evie who was very late to bed after a second trip to the park with her big cousins at 7pm . She had the best time playing on the swings and chasing after the football, barely went in her buggy at all . I thought she would’ve slept like a log ! But she woke crying at 2am and again at 4.30 when I gave her a bottle even though she normally only has 1 for bed. I then brought her in with me (naughty I know but what DD doesn’t know won’t hurt her ) . wink

It’s now gone 8 am and she is currently lying in the middle of a double bed in a kind of squiggle position and I am hovering in about an inch of space on the end grin her big cousins are all still zonked next door . The calm before the storm !

Apologies to all of those who read my miserable thread from yesterday . I think things are getting a bit on top of me just now .

Hope Harri got some positive news from her CT scan .

Have a good Wednesday all x

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 14-Aug-19 08:25:33

Good morning from east London, it’s looking increasingly grey here. Tennis at 9.30 so I’m hoping the rain holds off for a little bit at least. Summer choir this evening which will provide some light relief from the building works. (I feel there’s some sort of retribution going on here, my early career involved estate modernisation work which was new kitchens and bathrooms, double glazing and central heating all within 20 working days with tenants in occupation).
Have a good day.

Lins1066 Wed 14-Aug-19 08:18:54

Good Morning Michael and all, though perhaps I should say Bore Da to you Marydoll ?

A very wet start here on S Welsh coast. The window cleaner came yesterday afternoon, so that's why it's raining, always does after he's been.
Will do some ironing this morning, and we are minding a very excited little dog, maybe a walk later if it dries up.
Wishing everyone a good day.

Greyduster Wed 14-Aug-19 08:17:16

Good morning Michael and all GNs. We have lost the sun in South Yorkshire today and rain is in for the day. GS has been here overnight and his phone alarm went off at half past six!! Fortunately he went back to sleep. Lucky for some. We may go to the cinema today and then he goes home for the rest of the week.
Iachi da, Marydoll! Have a good day, folks.

Resurgam123 Wed 14-Aug-19 08:09:47

Maw rides again.wink

Marydoll Wed 14-Aug-19 07:57:26

Morning Maw, I was just thinking I hadn't seen you on this thread recently! Good to see you.

MawB Wed 14-Aug-19 07:55:25

Good morning from a slightly cool corner of N Bucks.
Third day of DGD (4) staying with Granny. I am glad to say we both had a better night than Monday ????
Fun yesterday at Loughton Equestrian Centre for 45 minutes of “Pony, Pat and Play” a lovely introduction to horses and ponies for little people.
Gosh, it is full on though isn’t it?
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

BlueSapphire Wed 14-Aug-19 07:45:54

Good morning from another wet day in the Lake District. DS and family go home today, as they are off to Menorca tomorrow, where I am sure the weather will be lovely for them. The rest of us here till Friday.

Another lovely day out yesterday, and the weather was kind to us. We visited late DH's favourite lake, Wastwater, and scattered the rest of his ashes in a quiet secluded spot at the water's edge. I think he would have approved, as he did a lot of his sub-aqua training in this lake, and was never happier than when he was under water. It is the deepest lake in England and he was proud to say that he had dived to the bottom of it. We then repaired to the local hostelry and drank a toast to him.

Then off to Eskdale for a trip to Ravenglass and back on the little steam railway, which was much enjoyed by all. It was warm enough to sit in the open carriages and enjoy the beautiful countryside.

Then back to the cottage where DS cooked a wonderful curry.

Hope everyone's day goes well. Not sure what DD, DSil and I will be doing; we may go out for a meal this evening, but will probably spend the rest of the day trying to finish a fiendishly difficult jigsaw!

The photo shows the water's edge where we scattered DH's ashes; the DGDs are trying skim stones, their uncle is a dab hand at it!

Urmstongran Wed 14-Aug-19 07:39:59

Good morning everyone from Malaga where we have a sea mist and a lovely refreshing waft of air now and again. Slept well last night. We all went to the mini golf at 9pm last night when it was a bit cooler - lots of young families with the same idea! Tex Mex food afterwards.

Our family are halfway through their holiday now so I bet the second half races past.

Hope Wednesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Marydoll Wed 14-Aug-19 07:34:21

Good morning from a cool Glasgow, I've just put the heating on, its only 11°C outside.

I had a very disturbed night lots of strange dreams, where everyone was speaking Welsh. (I didn't know I could speak Welsh! grin) Yesterday,

Out early to pick up a parcel, a quick browse around the shops and then catching up on chores. Our schools are back on Monday and the shops will be very busy with families buying uniforms.
Since I retired, I have tried to avoid schoolchildren! grin
I may do some baking, as everyone will descend on us tomorrow, knowing my wee granddaughter will be here.

Gillybob, hope you are feeling a bit better. (I read your post on another thread). You are not being unreasonable. flowers

Hoping Harrigran's scan went well yesterday.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

Grammaretto Wed 14-Aug-19 07:31:48

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's supposed to rain all day but hasn't started yet. Pesky forecast!
More house guests are due today.
First I must get my newly painted sitting room back in order.
I am tired just thinking of it.
Have a good day everyone.

Brunette10 Wed 14-Aug-19 07:25:05

Good Morning all, it's dull here in Fife and I think it may rain later on. It's Wed so we have our DDG's today so I hope it doesn't rain all day. We shall have to get out thinking caps on for in-house games. Have a good day everyone.