Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Sat 17-Aug-19 06:13:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start with a blue sky here in Brackley this morning.
Today will be a bus trip to Buckingham and then Bicester vice versa.
I am hoping that stallholder at the flea market as a map for me, when I return from Bicester to Buckingham.
Mick

callgirl1 Sat 17-Aug-19 14:32:10

GreyD, I had to look Kynren up, it looks wonderful!
Today began sunny and warm, but breezy, then we had a bit of rain, now we`re all dry and sunny again. Off out to my tea at a local hostelry, so hope the weather stays dry.

TwiceAsNice Sat 17-Aug-19 14:21:41

Good afternoon everyone the morning went much too fast! I had all my family here for brunch before they headed off on holiday to Norfolk. Will miss them loads it will be lonely here just me and the cat!

Sunny here in Surrey after a cloudy start have patio doors open letting in a lovely breeze. I’m hoping my best friend will come and stay for a few days next week then I won’t be so lonely.

It’s a quiet afternoon for me with the papers , hopefully with a cat on my lap!

gillybob Sat 17-Aug-19 14:15:14

Well we had Rocket, sweet cure smoky bacon, tomato and mayo on toasted bread Auntieflo all washed down with a huge glass of orange . Damned nice it was too smile

Sprout Sat 17-Aug-19 14:03:15

Morning Mick and all. In Leigh On Sea today weather good. My D coming down to see where I am spending my time lately. I know she will approve as it's a Stables with 40 horses. And a lovely group of grooms. Out to dinner this evening where she will meet my new man for the first time fingers crossed she gets on. Anyway hope all is well with everyone and those who are struggling with difficulties I hope it improves quickly.

Auntieflo Sat 17-Aug-19 13:48:51

Gillybob, we have just had bacon, rocket and watercress rolls for lunch.
Very nice too, with a smidge of mayonnaise and tomato ketchup. All washed down with a mug of Earl Grey.
Oh, we do live it up here in Berks. ?

vena11 Sat 17-Aug-19 10:09:55

Morning all from Bristol, the sun is shinning at the moment but don't think it will be out for long, yesterday was one awful day of rain. Having a restful day today after having the DGC for the night. Enjoy all.

Greyduster Sat 17-Aug-19 10:01:58

Thank you, Harri, for the advice. It all sounds a bit daunting to me, but I’m sure we’ll enjoy it.

Grammaretto Sat 17-Aug-19 09:59:47

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I've just had to put an extra layer on. Winter draws in or is it on?

I had a brilliant day yesterday at the festival but drank a bit too much wine.

Street fair today so I'll maybe have a go at the tombola.

Have a good day whatever you have planned.

dragonfly46 Sat 17-Aug-19 09:37:38

Alygran that brought back memories - Roundhay Park was my teenage stomping ground!!

NannyJan53 Sat 17-Aug-19 09:32:23

Good Morning from a much brighter Black Country

Rain all day yesterday, so not a pleasant day.

We are off shortly to go and view a touring caravan, it is on a seasonal site in Wales, so will be out most of the day. Luckily it is not raining!

Have a good Saturday everyone.

harrigran Sat 17-Aug-19 09:10:11

Greyduster wear shoes you can walk in as it is quite a hike from the parking and there will be 8,000 others jostling about. Weather forecast is for a dry evening so you have picked the right day, enjoy.

aggie Sat 17-Aug-19 09:09:40

Grrrr Stuff not sruff lol

aggie Sat 17-Aug-19 09:08:35

Good Morning all , sunny and warm , if you stay out of the breeze , nothing planned for today , might do a bit of gardening , mainly cutting back sruff to let other stuff show .
Taking note of a coat for StAndrews ,youngest girl is taking me for a trip there in a few weeks , while I am being "minded" in Edinburgh as Eldest is off to France for three weeks from next weekend

Beechnut Sat 17-Aug-19 09:08:13

I would eat it gillybob?

Alygran Sat 17-Aug-19 09:07:16

Good morning from North Yorkshire where it isn’t raining.
Got a complete soaking yesterday in Leeds. I had DD1’s Ed Sheeran ticket for the Roundhay Park gig. Rain, mud , traffic chaos but a good concert. All my wet clothes are still in the car, must sort them out. She is cruising the med in the sunshine!
I’m tired from all the standing and walking but have bits and bobs to do. Joining friends later to go to see a film.
Hope the day is kind and the rain holds off, especially for gilly

Urmstongran Sat 17-Aug-19 09:03:14

Thank you gillybob

May I just say that you are a sweetheart - your generous spirit always comes shining through. It doesn’t go unnoticed how kind you are wishing anyone on a holiday or trip out a lovely time - especially so since us lot on here know you’d love a sunny holiday somewhere yourself with time to relax and unwind.

GabriellaG54 Sat 17-Aug-19 09:01:53

Hi everyone ??
A whitish/grey mantle is cloaking what was a pale blue sky 30 minutes ago ? how dare it spoil my day out.
An uneventful run ended with a 'protein' (who are they kidding) smoothie and a small tea-cake for the ducks who looked mighty pleased to be remembered after 2 days starvation.???? ?

So...it's off to the station and the 10.08 train from Guildford to Gatwick then change to Brighton. I'm sure we'll find plenty to do once there.

I shan't be buying anything since a disastrous trip with a friend which ended with her buying a heavy Buddha and having to carry it for the rest of the day and my purchase of a cobwebby knitted 7/8ths 'coat' in a deep raspberry colour, which I've never worn.
That was 6 years ago in one of those shops with a strong smell of patchouli. ??

Wishing you all a lovely weekend and some respite from the rain.
☕?? for everyone (as a change from flowers)
Take care...??

Greyduster Sat 17-Aug-19 09:00:49

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Damp here in South Yorkshire. We are off further north this afternoon to see the ‘Kynren’ historical spectacular. Fingers crossed for the weather. A long drive, there and back so I hope it’s worth it! Son in law is driving thank goodness. Have a good day folks.

Pantglas1 Sat 17-Aug-19 08:54:42

Morning all from sunny north Wales- it’s forecasting sunshine for the rest of my ‘oliday before we head back to sunny Spain on Tuesday so I’m out helping DD move house before We go.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Anniebach Sat 17-Aug-19 08:54:05

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

EllanVannin Sat 17-Aug-19 08:48:13

Good Morning All x
Still plenty of cloud but at least it's bright with the sun showing its face now and again---slightly breezy too so I'm going to risk my " boiled " wash and hang it out.

So lovely hearing about holidays/outings and other ways of spending your days, it always reminds me of my dear friend and myself who'd be up and out and away somewhere on the spur of the moment, so make the most of it ladies.

Hope those who are under the weather improve as the day goes on. To everyone, enjoy your day.

gillybob Sat 17-Aug-19 08:40:26

Sorry for the essay . BLR should have been BRT, silly me

Who would want a Bacon, Lettuce and Rocket sandwich?

harrigran Sat 17-Aug-19 08:39:56

Good morning from a dry and brightening NE.
I had a pain free night and was able to stay in bed.
Yesterday was a wasted day with me remaining in bed until after lunch and finishing reading my book.
DS and family are off on holiday for the next two weeks so no sleepovers or transporting.
Eldest GD is off to stay with her other Granny while her sister stays with her mum and dad, peaceful first week for the parents.

Sar53 Sat 17-Aug-19 08:37:59

Good morning everyone from a sunny Essex by the sea. Hopefully no rain today as it's the local carnival this evening. We will jump on the train and watch the floats go by.
A little shopping this morning and probably a visit to local grandchildren.
Had a long chat with my eldest daughter yesterday after their two weeks in Portugal, they haven't had a holiday like that in a long while and by all accounts had a wonderful time.
Have a good day everyone.

gillybob Sat 17-Aug-19 08:37:55

Good morning from the NE Coast where we have a bit of a dull start but promises of it brightening up later. I do hope we have a dry day as I really want to get a few jobs done in the garden today.

I put quite a few bits and pieces on Freecycle and had a few collections yesterday evening, another couple today and the last one tomorrow . Mainly garden stuff that I no longer need.

I have also sold my much loved wooden Lean-To greenhouse as I have not used it at all this year, which is such a shame as I had huge plans for what I wanted to grow in it. It was at risk of becoming a second shed and being used as storage so I emptied it, cleaned it out and advertised it cheap in the hope that someone would get great enjoyment from it. I could have sold it 20 times over .

Anyway I hope it stays dry (slim chance) as I intend to paint my bench and make a start painting the fence too if I can. Then I’m going to make a BLR sandwich (Same as BLT but using Rocket instead of lettuce) and enjoy it “on the hop” .

I need to do a bit of shopping either later today or tomorrow after greenhouse man has been, as I rarely get anything I need when I take my dad shopping. I don’t have any children this weekend (I shouldn’t really be shouting yippee ? should I?) but am doing my usual 2 days and overnight next week so I need to get stocked up.

I enjoyed reading about your night out in Benalmadena Urmstongran and I’m glad you're still having a lovely time with plenty of sunshine

Have a lovely trip to St Andrews Marydoll I have never been but heard great things about it. No doubt my half Scottish DH will have visited in a past life.

I hope Harri has had a more restful, pain free night.

To everyone else I hope Saturday is a good day for you x