Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Tue 20-Aug-19 06:11:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and bright this morning, and also starting to feel a bit autumnal in the air.
My day of bus travel to Bicester and Buckingham today, after housework.
Mick

gillybob Tue 20-Aug-19 23:06:42

I do like the skirt too GabriellaG but I wouldn’t have a clue what to wear on top ?

That’s my problem . No style , no clue confused

nonnasusie Tue 20-Aug-19 13:32:57

Where are you FC61? We're near Cassino and it's very hot and humid here. 6 weeks since we saw any rain!!

GabriellaG54 Tue 20-Aug-19 13:23:46

...earrings, Primark 4 different pairs on a card for £3.

GabriellaG54 Tue 20-Aug-19 13:17:10

Thank you Mesdames for your kind words re my outfit.
I'll ask him what he thinks and if he keels over and dies the blame will fall on you. Police will be informed and compo sought. ??
I'll wear the trainers with rose gold backs in honour of gillybob. Thanks for the comments.
Skirt - Primark £8, tee - M&S £7.50 (20% off) trainers Topshop - Cuba/ Candy £29.
Yes Urmstongran I like Superga trainers/shoes too and have plain white canvas ones from Topshop which were about £30.
I bet Kate saw yours and copied. She's such a CopyKat. ??

FC61 Tue 20-Aug-19 11:45:45

So glad you get to go to Rome Marydoll ! We’re having a heatwave in this part of the Mediterranean/ Adriatic. 33c in Rome and 31c here ( But feels like 35c with humidity).

Sprout Tue 20-Aug-19 11:27:29

Morning Mick and all. Nice day here in Leigh on sea. Home today but up Norwich to see my sister for a fewe days in 2 days time. Then off to Spain for a week lovely. Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Tue 20-Aug-19 11:16:07

I too love the combo you’ll be wearing tonight Gabriella

I bought some white ‘Supergra’ trainers (similar to yours) from John Lewis 3 months ago, as worn by the Duchess of Cambridge (only £46 too!). Unfortunately my legs aren’t as shapely as hers ... or her mum’s!

Nannylovesshopping Tue 20-Aug-19 11:01:47

I’m so loving those snake skin backed trainers, may I please ask where you got those Gabriella, love the sound of the outfit, my kind of clobber?

gillybob Tue 20-Aug-19 10:43:45

Oh Gabriella you do make me smile ?

I’m the most miserable cow around and you are so upbeat it’s almost ( I said almost) infectious !

I like the middle trainers with the gold backs, coupled with the tortoise shell style earrings . Knock him dead !

GabriellaG54 Tue 20-Aug-19 10:40:40

Good morning to all GNers ????
It's a super duper blue sky and sunshine now in Godalming, 18° rising to 21° later.
Our run ended with smoothies sitting by the river and obligatory brioche for the ducks who were well pleased.
Hairdressers this afternoon for colour and blow before evening date with OH ? which is dinner at his sister's home in Salisbury.
I'm really lucky as he's fit and a really nice person...too nice for me (so he says) but we're still a 'couple' after 6 years despite the age gap, a bit like the Macron duo but I've yet to have any 'work'.
I'm going to wear my new rust midi skirt which has two splits at the front, with a white 3/4 sleeve tee and white trainers but haven't decided which ones.
I might wear earrings.

I hope you all have a great day and enjoy some sunshine (those GNs in Spain are getting more than their fair share envy) and flowers for anyone feeling a bit down.
Take care...?

Anniebach Tue 20-Aug-19 08:55:00

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 20-Aug-19 08:45:27

Good morning from east London, bright here but cloudy. Based on yesterday, essentials will be sun cream and pac-a-mac. DP tells me he has no plans for today so it’s either cleaning (but what’s the point when the dust keeps coming) or sorting stuff. I think a forward motion out the front door will be called for. Have a good day.

Marydoll Tue 20-Aug-19 08:44:21

That's how I sliced my finger, Aggie!
A friend gave me one and I was examining it, to see how it worked and didn't realise it had a sharp blade! OUCH!!!

aggie Tue 20-Aug-19 08:34:40

Pressed wrong key !
So glad to see Marydoll can go to Rome , fantastic place , I am sure the Pharmacist could give/sell you a tablet cutter ? I seem to remember a family member having a wee gadget

aggie Tue 20-Aug-19 08:32:02

Good morning all , sunny but cool here in Co Armagh . I am still trying to get a crochet blanket finished , it is the second in a queue of a dozen!

harrigran Tue 20-Aug-19 08:18:26

Good morning from a rainy NE.
DH up very early and left the house at 8am for a hospital appointment.
GD has sent lots of photos of London, didn't realise her other granny was taking her for several days, lovely they get to spend the time together.
Quiet day today as awaiting more deliveries.

gillybob Tue 20-Aug-19 08:04:57

Well it’s another dull start here on the NE coast and it’s raining too, so pretty much the same as most other days . Thank you for trying Beechnut

I am on childcare duties today but only have the 2 older girls as their brother is at footy camp and my DD has had a shift change so I don’ have little Evie.

The good news is that I have booked a ceramic painting course for the girls as a treat for this afternoon which will feed their passion for crafting and also fill in a few hours when the weather is miserable .

The last of my bits for freecycle were picked up last night which is great . Much better than taking decent stuff to the tip.

I am thrilled that you are going to be able to travel to your beloved Rome Marydoll I bet you felt like jumping for joy. You need to take it easy over the next few weeks though. smile

Wishing you the same good outcome Grammaretto so that you too can enjoy a lovely holiday smile

Well I’m enjoying a late cuppa ready for the opening of a smaller breakfast cafe than usual, but none the less well stocked.

Have a good Tuesday everyone x

BlueSapphire Tue 20-Aug-19 08:03:48

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Northampton.

Thank goodness it stayed dry yesterday and I managed to cut the back grass. The edges need doing now to tidy it up. There is so much more stuff to do in the garden, some of the shrubs need drastic pruning so I shall make a start on that tomorrow. Our garden waste bins are collected on Thursday so I want to make the most of them and fill them.

Kitchen cleaning this morning. I have had a few odd ants lately and just cannot find the source of them. Hope to do a health walk this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Urmstongran Tue 20-Aug-19 07:59:17

X posts Marydoll

B R I L L I A N T. news!

Resurgam123 Tue 20-Aug-19 07:59:10

Good Morning All here in Cheshire.
It is cloudy here though.
Time I got moving.
Not playing Freecell on my tablet with a fiendishly difficult game.
Have a good day.

Greyduster Tue 20-Aug-19 07:58:55

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A dull but dry start in South Yorkshire, and cool. GS is still asleep. We had a busy day yesterday. We are off out today to a nearby NT property and then he will be going home. He’s lovely company! Have a good day folks!

Urmstongran Tue 20-Aug-19 07:56:22

Good morning everyone from Malaga where we have another fine day. I was just musing as I lay awake first thing how well we are all getting along as a family. 20 days in and not an argument. That’ll put the hex on I expect!

Gorgeous weather Pantsglas1 - you’ve been here whilst I’ve been out, back to Wales and now over to Spain today! Probably like me you enjoy all the contrasts between your two places.

pitticity once the cars have condensation first thing in a morning that to me is an indication it’s autumn too! I think you’re right by the sounds of it Mick.

Hoping to hear from Marydoll soon that it’s her doctor’s decision she can travel to Italy. My fingers and toes are aching after being crossed for 24 hours!

Hope Tuesday is kind to us all whether we have any plans or none.

kittylester I’m just curious (sorry) who has Alzheimer’s? You attend a lot of courses on the condition. Do they help?

Auntieflo Tue 20-Aug-19 07:50:00

Good morning Michael, Annie to come and all others,
We were woken by the bin men sometime around 6.30 this morning, but I am still in bed awaiting my morning cup of tea.
Volunteering this afternoon, happy days.
I painted the under stairs cupboard yesterday, and all is now clean and tidy.
Good luck to those of you hoping to go abroad, fingers crossed you get the go ahead from the Drs.
Have a good day one and all.

Marydoll Tue 20-Aug-19 07:49:59

Good morning all from a very cool Glasgow, it's only 10 degrees. sad.

Heating is on for an hour, I can't bear being cold!

The good news is I'm being allowed to go to Rome, with certain conditions and increased medication.
I'm covered in bruises and cuts due to my RA meds, so my GP wants to see me as soon as I come back.
Last night I sliced my thumb open, trying to half one of my tiny pills, it just wouldn't stop bleeding! I thought I would have to visit A&E. sad
DH as usual, was in bed, snoring and oblivious to my cries for help.

Yesterday, someone asked why I just don't go without my GP's permission, it was also my cardiologist who said I couldn't go, so they know best. I just wouldn't take the risk.
I wouldn't want my family to have to pay a lot of money to repatriate me if something happened, as going against medical advice invalidates travel insurance.

Schools are back here, so we have a nursery pick up at lunchtime. It's great not having to rise at the crack of dawn for childminding duties.
I'm so looking forward to seeing our wee rascal, despite the fact that she will probably full of beans after her morning with her friemds.
My friend works in the nursery and she says that DGD never stops! (Just like her dear old gran! grin ).

Have a good day whatever your plans.
Grammaretto fingers crossed for your husband.

cornergran Tue 20-Aug-19 07:47:43

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright, sunny corner of Somerset. Acupuncture for me at the hospital followed by lunch at our favourite sea front restaurant and a walk. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.