Gransnet forums

Chat

She's right there!!

(12 Posts)
kittylester Tue 20-Aug-19 09:39:01

We have dgd3 (aged 6 going on 36) staying. I have a volunteering commitment that I really had to keep so dh offered to bake with dgd. shock

She was playing a CBBC game on the lap top while we got organised and, as I was going, I said 'Make sure you look after Pa!'

She gave me a withering look and announced 'Look Ma, I'm running a hospital here, of course I can run Pa!'

Pa, faintly, 'yes, run me ragged!' grin

GrannyGravy13 Tue 20-Aug-19 09:46:06

That made me giggle kitty ????

We have a 2 yr old GD who organises (bosses) her boy cousins aged 11, 91/2 and 41/2..........they all do as they are told ???

Callistemon Tue 20-Aug-19 10:22:46

grin

We have a DGC who always seems to have a withering but succinct reply (hope it won't get her into trouble at school!).

We usually try to keep a straight face.

Carillion01 Thu 22-Aug-19 11:39:52

Grannygravy13 that's so familiar! It made me laugh so much.

Kitty sometimes I feel so young when I listen in to their conversations. Magical. Thanks for such a nice thread. X

Pantglas1 Thu 22-Aug-19 11:43:17

Never forget our first DGD at the age of 3 becoming impatient with DH efforts at plaiting her hair - ‘Come on Taidy (granddad) we don’t got all day!’

ninathenana Thu 22-Aug-19 11:56:58

grin sounds like DD at that age. My mum always said she talked like an old woman.

petra Thu 22-Aug-19 22:04:58

At the weekend the 9 yr old granddaughter was teasing her 13 yr old brother about his girlfriend.
I said to her, " come on, be kind, you wait 'till your that age and have a boyfriend"
I was given the withering look. She said, " it might not be a boy"
Not much I could say to that ?

paddyann Thu 22-Aug-19 22:25:02

We were decorating our daughters house last week and asked GD what she thought of the new wallpaper"its nice Papa " she said...Just NICE he answered not lovely or gorgeous ..."No Papa its nice ..everyone has their own opinions you know " 7 going on 18 .

Goodbyetoallthat Thu 22-Aug-19 23:36:12

Our 3 year old granddaughter loves to boss our dog about. Said dog is unperturbed by this & loves to join in any games she devises but obviously doesn't necessarily play by the rules!
Last time she came to visit we heard her say to the dog in a very exasperated tone " for goodness sake Poppy can't you ever get it right".

agnurse Fri 23-Aug-19 01:06:39

My cousin's son had been staying with my aunt and uncle, his grandparents, and had enjoyed a busy day around the farm. My uncle said to him, "Buddy, we need to rest now. Papa's [his grandfather name] tired." To which his grandson replied, "I'm not tired."

NannyJan53 Fri 23-Aug-19 09:56:36

When one of my DGD's was 7 (she is 10 now). She announced to her Mum she was never going to marry a boy as they 'Stink'!

DIL said, 'you don't have to marry a boy', DGD retorted...'well, I am not marrying a girl because I'm not gay'!! smile

dragonfly46 Fri 23-Aug-19 10:00:25

Lovely thread!

My DGD was explaining to my DS that Granny is your Mummy and Grandad is your Daddy. Then she said - but you know Daddy what is really strange is that Nana is Mummy's mummy and Aunty K's! How can that be?