Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Thu 22-Aug-19 06:12:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looks like the start of another warm day here in Brackley.
Going ensure I have water with me when I go out if temperatures are going to be high.
Usual bu to Buckingham then onto Bicester and back to Buckingham, coffees eats ,and shop.
Mick

Lucy127 Thu 22-Aug-19 11:47:34

Forgot to add from Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Any locals visit this site?

Lucy127 Thu 22-Aug-19 11:46:08

Good morning one and all! Today taking 6 yr old granddaughter to her first riding lesson. She is so excited. I wonder if children get the next day aches? Have great day everyone.

GabriellaG54 Thu 22-Aug-19 11:43:58

A very late 'Good morning' to you all from sunny ☀️ Godalming. Blue sky, 21° rising to 24° and no noticeable breeze ?
Good 90 minute slightly hilly run today with 10 min stop to do some stretching exercises.
M&S today to buy food and have a mooch around other shops in Guildford or might visit Woking.
I'm thinking of buying a new bike and joining a cycling club, just for pleasurable days out not the full lycra Monty.
I hope everyone has a great day and you have exciting plans for the sizzling weekend promised by the Met Office ?☀️?⛱
I'm going to the coast but which one I haven't decided.
??? for everyone and I hope those of you not feeling 100% can put your feet up and let the housework hang.
Take care...?

Carillion01 Thu 22-Aug-19 11:30:59

Thanks Lins he's a treasure.

GabriellaG54 Thu 22-Aug-19 11:18:59

I often wonder how we lived and survived without having water with us on every journey.
I can't remember ever being dehydrated in my life.
Unless crossing the Sahara or the Gobi desert, I can't think of a situation where it's necessary to have a water bottle about your person.

Lins1066 Thu 22-Aug-19 10:53:56

That's brave for a ten year old, Carillion, good for him. A gourmet in the making.
Glad you have had such a lovely time with your family.

Legs55 Thu 22-Aug-19 10:46:21

Good morning all from sunny Devon, threat of cloud later but hopefully stay fine 19C at the moment.

Off out for a bit of shopping, collect prescription & re-cycling then hopefully gardening this afternoon.

Have a good day every-one & enjoy sunshine if you've got some.

Carillion01 Thu 22-Aug-19 10:39:12

Good morning everyone, dear grandchildren departing soon. Heading for Caen to Portsmouth ferry crossing.
Will miss them so very much but need a holiday!
Highlights... Cricket in the garden, taking Saxa salt to Binic beach to pick razor clams, two bread fetes and squealing at the live crab and lobster in tanks at E.leclerc. Plus, ten yr old GS chose to try snails which he said were 'ok'.
Have a good day all. X

Tricia55 Thu 22-Aug-19 10:33:59

Good morning all from a beautiful Nairn, it's betwixt & between weather wise.
It's still warm, but the little round dot has disappeared for a wee while.
I notice an old neighbour who has since passed away, she always loved her Rowan tree & it's in full flower just now, I love Rowen trees.
I'm ok, as it's getting nearer the date for me to get my kidney stone out YIPPEE! The hospital said September, I feel I've lost a whole year health wise with this horrid thing, but soon it will be gone & I'll be dancing for joy to get my life back again.
Have a wonderful day ladies.
Triciax

EllanVannin Thu 22-Aug-19 09:49:09

Good Morning All x
Heavy looking sky here on the Mersey coast. Will we ever get some decent weather this side of the year ? It doesn't exactly fill you full of joy on waking----now it's windy too sad

Not sure what today's bringing I just sit tight and hope for the best as life can be full of surprises at times.
I doubt I'll be going far that's for sure.

Hope everyone's day is better, weatherwise.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 22-Aug-19 09:41:17

Morning all from South Notts where we have pale grey skies.

Did a wash early morning and had left a tissue in a pyjama jacket pocket - what a miracle it didn't escape and cause havoc. I check pockets but don't usually put things in PJs. Noting special planned for today.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Auntieflo Thu 22-Aug-19 09:28:08

Morning Michael, Annie and all others.
Had my haircut yesterday, so feel tidy enough not to frighten the family, when we have our get together on Saturday.

I have an appointment tomorrow, to assess pain in my left leg
The appointment was made in MAY. I got the letter out to check, and there is a questionnaire to answer. Good job I looked, as it wants dates etc of other procedures.

Sorting out paperwork today, re changing our car, good job I keep all sorts of bits and pieces.

Have a good day one and all.

Anniebach Thu 22-Aug-19 09:15:09

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

The physiotherapy dept have a meeting today to decide if I can have home visits , so hope they will.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Harris27 Thu 22-Aug-19 08:47:35

Count down to yearly holiday leave. Dreaming of blue skies and warmer days! Two more sleeps! Have a good day all!

TwiceAsNice Thu 22-Aug-19 08:31:29

Good morning All. Looks like a nice sunny day again in Surrey. Am drinking tea in bed at the moment. No real plans today except a bit of washing (so nice to line dry it) but might pop into town I need a few things . Have a lovely day whatever you do

Pantglas1 Thu 22-Aug-19 08:27:19

We’ve a month here this time Urmstongran with a couple of old school friends coming next week so will be busy tootling around, eating and drinking too much!

Enjoy your supper out Gillybob, you deserve it after a day at the place that dare not say its name...!

vena11 Thu 22-Aug-19 08:25:47

Morning everyone, sunny at the moment in Bristol, hope it stays out as meeting friends for lunch and a little boat trip on the harbour. Stay well everyone.

Greyduster Thu 22-Aug-19 08:24:52

Good morning Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire and I am having a post-GS lie in, our duties completed. We have overnight visitors on Saturday so a bit of rejigging of sleeping arrangements is required in order to accommodate them. May get a bit of gardening in too. Have a good day folks.

gillybob Thu 22-Aug-19 08:20:26

A late good morning from the NE coast where it is dull, dark and raining (for a change).

I’m just finishing my cuppa then off to “that place” in about 20 minutes, Thursday feels like I’m on “the home straits” and the weekend is tantalisingly close.

I’m so glad you got the all clear to travel Gramaretto I bet you are really excited now, I can sense the flurry of activity smile

To all those already in sunny climes (and that seems to be quite few at the minute) I hope you all continue to have a lovely time. sunshine

Enjoy your crafting Beechnut me and the girls enjoyed it very much and they can’t wait to go back again, we might try something different next time.

Mr Gillybob has announced that we might go out for supper this evening (blimey twice in one month what is he up to ?) depending on what time he gets done at work. It will just be a pub thing but better than cooking again.

Anyway must dash as a couple of bits to do before I leave.

Have a good Thursday everyone x

harrigran Thu 22-Aug-19 08:05:36

Good morning from a dark and rainy NE.
Lots of fiddly things to do today which will involve a journey into town, something I only do a couple of times a year because it is not a pleasant place.

Urmstongran Thu 22-Aug-19 08:01:23

Welcome back Pantglas1! How long are you out for this time?

Urmstongran Thu 22-Aug-19 07:59:50

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s the start of another beautiful day. I’m sat on the balcony with a cuppa. No breeze but fresh air, not humid and I slept really well last night.

We might go to the beach late afternoon, when the sand is cooler for baby feet. It would be no fun in the middle of the day with a busy 2y old, trying to keep her under the shade of a parasol!
⛱?

Hope Thursday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Pantglas1 Thu 22-Aug-19 07:54:41

Morning everyone from sunny Spain- hope it brightened up on the coast yesterday Urmstongran, we’re t’other side of dem mountains!

Everyone so far seems to be doing something interesting today whereas I’ve got nothing planned so we’ll see what happens- quite like a nothing day every other!

NannyJan53 Thu 22-Aug-19 07:51:18

Good Morning from a dull Black Country, but the forecast is good for the weekend!

We are going away early Saturday morning to a Beach Hut in Devon, so will pack today. Driving back Tuesday. Weather forecast is looking good sunshine

This morning I shall also wash down all our UvPc windows outside as they are looking a bit grubby! Then off to see Mum, then onto DD's as I am babysitting, will stay over the night as we are meeting up with DS and his girls for a day in a local park and farm.

DGD1 has the results of her GCSE Eng Lit today. She has taken it a year early, as next year is her GCSE year. Fingers crossed for her.

Wishing you all a lovely day..

Sprout Thu 22-Aug-19 07:43:34

Morning Mick and all. Everyone awake early today it must be that large thing in the sky shining brighly this morning. Looks like nice day looming. Lunch with besty today then get nails done then home to pack for trip to sisters for long weekend. Have a good day everyone