Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Sun 25-Aug-19 06:14:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry outside hopefully another warm day here in Brackley.
Easy day today, salad lunch , then Vuelta on Eurosport .
Mick

NanKate Sun 25-Aug-19 20:12:27

This is a lovely thread Tyne. Mick and his crew know the form and let us know what they are up to in their part of the country. No arguing or unkind remarks but lots of laughs and support for each other. Hip hip hooray. ?

TyneAngel Sun 25-Aug-19 11:08:33

Good morning everyone and greetings from sunny Reading.
This seems to have been a particularly difficult week on the forums for unkindness which I find rather upsetting; going to spend a few days going straight to the Good Morning thread and cutting out the forums - thanks to everyone for their cheeriness and kindness (you can't have too much). Sending a smile and a hug to everyone who needs one.

vena11 Sun 25-Aug-19 10:27:00

Good morning all, another warm morning here in Bristol going to be another hot one.
Having a bit of a break while DD and her little one have popped out for an hour for coffee with a friend. It has been a busy 2 days with them staying here but bliss.
Hope every one has a lovely day .

Mapleleaf Sun 25-Aug-19 10:16:08

Good morning,
glorious ☀️ here today. I think we are in for another scorcher.
A lazy day planned in the garden, reading a book & sipping a G&T later this afternoon.
Church first this morning, though.
I hope your neighbour will be ok, Ginny. You are right, though, she is in the best place for the moment, where she can be monitored.
Hope everyone is able to make the most of this beautiful day.
?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 25-Aug-19 09:58:41

Morning all from South Notts where I believe that it'll be another hot day.

Will go out for a drive later and then the usual weekly shop.

Mowed the lawn yesterday and watered earlier so it'll be feet up with the newspaper, lazy article that I am.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 25-Aug-19 09:50:58

Good morning from east London, misty start but nice and bright now. It’s going to be HOT again; we walked about 8 miles in the Lea Valley yesterday, thankfully lots of shade due to all the trees and lots of water. And I have my view back again - the scaffold at the front of the house came down yesterday. I have sat here reading for ages (much more than one cup of tea’s worth), ordered a present for GD’s birthday so had better now get moving. DP wants a short walk later but only after we’ve done lots of cleaning. Have a good day.

gillybob Sun 25-Aug-19 09:25:09

Good morning from a sunny and warm NE coast ( rare words indeed) .

Had my dad and sister over for dinner last night and we were able to eat in the garden for the first time this year ! I think I had a few too many Gin liqueurs as I’m feeling a touch “delicate” this morning ( hence the late post) .

Nothing planned for today just a bit tidying up and maybe a little bit gardening later .

Have a great Sunday everyone whether you are on holiday or at home I hope it’s a lovely day smile x

Susan56 Sun 25-Aug-19 09:21:25

Good morning from a very sunny Shropshire.A lazy day today.The balloon carnival in town yesterday was amazing but a very long day,made us realise we aren’t that young anymore?

Urmstongran Sun 25-Aug-19 09:15:52

Always something gets forgotten Maw on the day of a wedding! Our youngest daughter was asking in the hotel where we’d stayed with her overnight to be near Manchester Town Hall for the ceremony - ‘has anyone seen a large paper carrier bag? It’s got the shoes in it for the bridesmaids’.

Stomach churning moment .... it had got left behind at home. Oh dear! A frantic dash by a kind wedding guest who picked it up and delivered it to reception en route!

EllanVannin Sun 25-Aug-19 09:14:23

Good Morning All x
A cool breeze wafting in at the moment and it's lovely. We're promised another decent day today though it never gets uncomfortable because of being near the sea.

A made-up concoction for lunch today---left chicken slices marinating in lemon juice with chunks of lemon and a couple of garlic cloves to bake in butter later with new pots and broccoli, so light and simple.

Hope your neighbour is alright Ginny. It's always concerning to see them taken to hospital as I know how it feels.

I think the garden is the place to be away from the madding crowds, especially by the seaside, though I am pleased for them all that the weather is kind to them.

I've visited Helford in the past when friend and myself stayed at Falmouth, it was one of our many jaunts in Cornwall. We visited a lovely church there too and signed our names as usual everywhere we went. Most memorable being the tiny one in Clovelly. Beautiful places.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

Pantglas1 Sun 25-Aug-19 09:08:01

Good morning all - I’m late because I’ve been busy prepping spare room for friends arriving tomorrow.

I love having visitors to stay - wining and dining ‘em and showing them around the different markets, museums and sheer natural beauties like El Torcal and Ardales lakes nearby.

Downside is that another friend’s husband is in intensive care and prognosis isn’t good so am conflicted about enjoying my life at the moment.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone whatever you’re doing.

MawB Sun 25-Aug-19 08:59:53

Good morning all ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️ Says it all!
DDs in Norfolk were very solicitous about me being on my own and I have felt a bit sad. It’s DD3’s seventh wedding anniversary today which is bringing back lots of memories (like forgetting to complete the Ocado order for the smoked salmon and champagne for the bridesmaids’ breakfast at DD’s flat in London where we were all getting ready together. “She only had one job.....”) bless Ocado, they came up trumps though.
Feel a bit more cheerful about my car even though the repair is eye watering - they are getting me a courtesy car for however long it takes (can’t get the crucial part as it is on “back order”) so the expense is somewhat mitigated and I won’t be stuck.
A day of enforced leisure but could be much worse- wishing you all a pleasant day

Anniebach Sun 25-Aug-19 08:52:56

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Hymnbook Sun 25-Aug-19 08:52:21

Morning everyone. Another beautiful start to the day. Seeing old friends today for lunch. Hope you all have a good day.

Nannytopsy Sun 25-Aug-19 08:49:28

Good morning everyone! Sunny here in Leicester too. A bit to do in the garden but it will be too warm for anything strenuous. Hope everyone has a good day.

Bellasnana Sun 25-Aug-19 08:46:01

Good morning all. I’m late to the party this morning having slept in after a late night last night.

The concert was magic, and Andrea Bocelli superb. Not only a unique voice, but seems to be such a lovely man as well. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and our local talent was stunning too.

Weather in Malta today is gorgeous, as usual, despite the storms that were predicted.

I’m planning to do nothing in particular today. Just ‘pootling and faffing’, as kittylester would say.?

Have a good day all.☀️

NannyJan53 Sun 25-Aug-19 08:31:47

Good morning from an already hit and sunny Devon.

Had a lovely few hours in Sidmouth yesterday.

DP's daughter is popping in for an hour on their way back from a week in Cornwall.

This is our view on out patio for breakfast. Have a great day everyone

Keeper1 Sun 25-Aug-19 08:25:43

Good morning from sunny Lincolnshire. We are off to visit my FIL in a little while thank heavens for air con in the car. I have made him some casseroles for the freezer.

Hope you all have a lovely day x

GabriellaG54 Sun 25-Aug-19 08:24:08

Oh dear ? just noticed that my phone changed the area.
I'm in Helford... not Helston.

Legs55 Sun 25-Aug-19 08:18:01

Good morning all from what promises to be very sunny Devon. Ventured over the border into Somerset yesterday for a day out with friends, fish & chips & ice cream beside the sea & wall to wall sunshinesmile

Staying home today to avoid the "Grockles", plan to have a lazy Sunday sitting in the garden after I've been to collect my small Lottery wingrin

Have a lovely day every-body

Lins1066 Sun 25-Aug-19 08:12:51

Good Morning from a warm Welsh Bristol Channel coast.
BBQ later and DD,DS and Dil coming plus dog.

Wishing everyone a lovely Sunday.

GabriellaG54 Sun 25-Aug-19 08:12:29

Good morning to all from near Helston in Cornwall ??
A gloriously warm morning, 19° rising to 22° and I'm in the garden with OH who has brought out the hammock and cushions to 'relax' in after breakfast ...rather him than me ?
We're reverting to childhood, with boiled eggs ?toast soldiers ?and honey ? bread eggs honey and milk delivered from the farm this morning before we were up.
We plan to explore later and may look at some properties (at his request) along the way.
It's so pretty He spent part of his childhood in Cornwall and his parents still live along the coast but we won't be visiting this weekend.
Meanwhile...I wish you all a warm and entertaining weekend whatever you are or are not doing.
Take care ☀️??

cornergran Sun 25-Aug-19 08:10:58

Morning Mick, morning All. A sunny start in our corner of Somerset. Plan to do very little today so it’s the garden for us after our Sunday morning boiled egg. Tradition rules grin. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

harrigran Sun 25-Aug-19 08:02:26

Good morning from a beauitful NE.
I am expecting to spend the day in the garden with newspaper and novel.
Yesterday we had lunch out and then sat in the garden with a bottle of champagne, it is a long time since we were able to sit until 8pm outside.
Today will be a quiet day, all family and friends are away on holiday so DH and I can do absolutely anything we like.

Marydoll Sun 25-Aug-19 07:41:57

Good morning all from a glorious Glasgow. (I never thought I would ever be writing that on this thread).

The rare sunshine has given me an opportunity to wear something summery, bought in the sales last year and never been worn.
That's how bad our summer has been. sad
THe only downside, is my skin has become so sensitive, due to my meds, that my consultant has suggested wearing gloves outside.
I will be sweltered if I follow his advice. ??

I have been wandering the house since 5am, I just couldn't sleep. I eventually went back to bed and had the most bizarre dreams!!! ?

Off to Church later, though I don't really feel like it. The person who usually opens up is on holiday, so I'm covering.
I will be fine once I get there, it's always an opportunity for a chinwag and you know how I like to chat! wink

We plan to chill in the garden in the afternoon and perhaps have a barbecue. My daughter and fiance will probably smell it from three miles away and appear, looking to be fed.
I'm making DH pay for the garage door debacle, by looking after the food. He just doesn't know it yet!
At least I won't be cooking! grin wink

Have a great day, everyone enjoy the sun while it lasts.