Good Luck. I was in a similar position to yours some 17 years ago. My youngest son died at age of 25 years, and in an effort to try to sort out my life I applied for a part-time job. This was in 2002, and I had not been in paid work since 1969 when I had my first child.
Even on the morning of the interview I had to keep talking myself out of panic mode. I was 61 years old and had been out of the employment market for over thirty years. I had, however, done unpaid voluntary work as an administrator and this served to get me that job I was being interviewed for in the NHS.
Over the following nine years, I increased my hours, upped my grade and made lots of friends and had a wonderful time, finally retiring just prior to my 70th birthday.
Do let us know how you get on, fizzers, even if this one does not turn out successful, keep going.
Husband had covid/flu vax Saturday. Heart attack yesterday




