Gransnet forums

Chat

Do I feel guilty

(16 Posts)
Flossieturner Thu 05-Sep-19 07:49:53

I thought about healthy eating, so bought 2 vegetarian cookbooks from the charity shop. I have had it for 3 months and the only thing I have made is chocolate refrigerator cake. 8oz dark chocolate, Packet of digestive biscuits ,eggs and nuts.

harrigran Wed 04-Sep-19 08:04:23

I refuse to feel guilty about what I eat, my motto is "everything in moderation".

BradfordLass72 Wed 04-Sep-19 06:49:50

Oh, come on, guilt is the diet companies best and biggest weapon (remember the Xenical ads?), you can't let the side down otherwise we'd all end up happy!

ninathenana Tue 03-Sep-19 18:08:25

sodapop your allowance depends on how many pounds/stones you need to loose.

minxie Tue 03-Sep-19 17:30:48

Just the one was eaten, it was huge though

dogsmother Tue 03-Sep-19 16:24:49

So I’m doing weight watchers but only on a 5:2 basis
It’s not that I’m that bothered, it helps but it’s to support a family member who has a bigger (!) problem.
I do actually enjoy the fact that I can eat whatever I fancy twice a week, then track the other days.

sodapop Tue 03-Sep-19 16:23:43

I like that idea ninathenana how many daily sins are we allowed? smile

ninathenana Tue 03-Sep-19 16:21:06

It counts as one of your daily sins

lemongrove Tue 03-Sep-19 16:19:13

? Day6 ?

A vanilla slice? I adore those, and I want one right now!
Unless you live on them, please don’t feel guilty.

Day6 Tue 03-Sep-19 16:09:27

Guilt wrecks your peace of mind. I have to lose weight but I know realistically I will not be able to refuse the occasional and lovely food/drink treat.

I hope you enjoyed that cake minxie! grin

I find that when I peruse recipe sites I get really hungry and then want to eat anything I can get my hands on. Even the cat isn't safe.....grin

M0nica Tue 03-Sep-19 14:51:00

No one can lose weight if they feel guilty everytime they open their mouth and put food in it.

One of the joys of the 5:2 diet was, that I only needed to worry about food two days a week, I got all my worrying and cravings out of the way and ate sensibly for the other 5 days. If I had a birthday to ceelbrate. a party or a holiday, I went out and celebrated and if I put a pound or two on, so what? Back into my usual eating pattern, it soon disappeared.

silverlining48 Tue 03-Sep-19 14:40:31

That’s the best thing I learned from slimming world Monica.

M0nica Tue 03-Sep-19 14:34:26

Fat or thin, an occasional indulgence does nobody any harm.

Greenfinch Tue 03-Sep-19 14:14:33

I feel guilty eating a slither of cheese because I am not slim by nature.

EllanVannin Tue 03-Sep-19 13:18:26

Good for you ! It'll do you good.
I never felt guilty at eating a foot long chocolate éclair because I'm slim by nature.

minxie Tue 03-Sep-19 13:15:03

Noooooooo
Reading a couple of Slimming world recipe books that I just picked up in a charity shop. Whilst stuffing my face with the biggest Vanilla slice known to man ??