Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Wed 04-Sep-19 06:09:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey wet start here in Brackley this morning, feels cooler outside.
Quiet day in watch cycling on TV later , normally after lunch I have a snooze , hopefully 30 minutes.
Mick

gillybob Wed 04-Sep-19 15:14:08

Its a horrible job isn't it dragonfly . Yuk.

10 x worse than cleaning your own loo.

dragonfly46 Wed 04-Sep-19 12:49:08

Sounds very painful passing a stone that big Harris. I agree about the NHS - hands off Boris and Donald.

I admire your stamina Gillybob. I once cleaned the bathroom in my son’s student house. Four lads and it hadn’t been cleaned for 3 years!

gillybob Wed 04-Sep-19 12:36:44

I think it needs to be threatening annsixty the gloves are off (they stink of bleach anyway) and this is war !

I think they think I'm their mother and mothers should be happy to clean up after their dirty little boys !

gillybob Wed 04-Sep-19 12:35:12

Not at all Nanny27. Good morning to you too. smile

Technically you are only half an hour late.... but what's half an hour between Gransnet friends?

Nanny27 Wed 04-Sep-19 12:32:07

Is it too late to say Good Morning to everyone?

annsixty Wed 04-Sep-19 12:23:32

I think your comes out a little more threatening which may be necessary to do the trick?

gillybob Wed 04-Sep-19 12:17:13

I like that annsixty smile

Very poetic too .

Much more lady like than

"HIT THE BOODY TARGET OR YOU CAN CLEAN YOUR OWN PEE UP NEXT TIME"

Which is what I was considering .

annsixty Wed 04-Sep-19 12:13:38

Please be careful where you sprinkle when you take your little tinkle
Could be a start jilly

Harris27 Wed 04-Sep-19 11:27:44

Thanks for your good wishes no I’m home but have stent in to ease pain. Have to go back and have it out another op but will more organised and less dramatic than having a op at 12 am and the only one in recovery!its apparently large and needs help 5ml?got 50% chance of passing it. But hey ho thank god for our nhs who delivered excellent care.please note this boris if your joining us!lovely to be back with my gransnetters and I feel as if my holiday although was great feels a long time ago!!!

EllanVannin Wed 04-Sep-19 11:27:23

Yes, I've felt warmer in April MawB.

gillybob Wed 04-Sep-19 10:35:06

Brilliant idea Feelingmyage . I put a sign up over the sink in the kitchenette saying …… WASH YOUR OWN CUP .

But someone splashed coffee over it ! hmm

I often wonder what the toilets in their own homes are like ?

Feelingmyage55 Wed 04-Sep-19 10:31:36

gillybob. Maybe you need a laminated sign in the loos. You could start a thread for suggestions on what to print!

gillybob Wed 04-Sep-19 10:27:51

Yes well the loos are cleaned for another six months month thank goodness. A peg was very much needed ! Why are men such bl**dy scruffs (well some men anyway) .

I feel like I need to have a shower in neat bleach now but we have visitors due in soon. One of the visitors is a pompous know it all git, so I shall happily shake his hand thinking "if only you knew where this hand was an hour ago" grin

Legs55 Wed 04-Sep-19 10:18:55

Good morning all from sunny(ish) Devon, rain overnight & there are clouds around.

Probably a day spent doing housework today, if sun stays out then a bit of gardening later.

MawB Wed 04-Sep-19 09:53:01

I think it was warmer in April EllanVannin - in fact it was warmer in February!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 04-Sep-19 09:46:48

Morning all from a damp South Notts.

A 'do as you please' day today.

Everywhere round here has round out of Anthisan, I'm afraid so it's down to willpower not to scratch.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Feelingmyage55 Wed 04-Sep-19 09:44:38

Good morning all. Been out and done lots of chores, now coffee time. marydoll so glad you are en route to Rome. Going to Mass in St Peters Square is one of my life time highlights.
dragonfly wishing you well.
Off to get out the winter clothes box as it is sooo cold here in north Scotland today. Have the best day you can everyone.

vena11 Wed 04-Sep-19 09:39:23

Morning all, lovely sun at the moment in Bristol .

Late start foe me this morning overslept, I better not do that tomorrow as back to the early mornings for the school run need to be at their house by 7.30.

Glad you are home dragonfly take it easy and everyone else who are feeling poorly.

Enjoy Rome Marydoll I was there last year on my second visit , love it there.

EllanVannin Wed 04-Sep-19 09:38:49

Good Morning All x
A bit like April here with its coolness, sunshine and intermittent heavy showers----breezy too as usual.

You will enjoy your longed-for holiday Marydoll, I love Italy.
Good to hear you're feeling okay Dragonfly and glad that stone is out Harris, that'll be a relief to say the least.

Gillybob----what can I say ? The " muck for luck " doesn't ring true does it ? ( sigh ) If only,eh ? I was often in the thick of it at work, but they were poorly people.

Anyway, those at home and abroad, enjoy your day and stay well.

Auntieflo Wed 04-Sep-19 09:34:39

Good morning Michael, Annie and all others.
It started of wet and grey here, but the sun has decided to come out, so looking much better now.
Dragonfly, glad to hear you are home, and feeling chipper!
? Gillybob, hope you didn't need a peg.
To go off piste a moment, did you see last night's Bake Off? Their task was to make Fig Rolls, but watching the filling was a bit off putting ? , especially with the talk of loo cleaning and somebody's dream upthread.
We have to wait in for the TV repair man to come. Our TV randomly switches itself off every now and again. It is 4 years old, and luckily I found the 6 year guarantee, filed away.
If he comes early enough, we will go out somewhere, maybe.
Marydoll, enjoy your holiday.
Have a good day one and all.

GabriellaG54 Wed 04-Sep-19 09:24:44

Lins1066

Talking about cricket. I have 4 BBC tapes of 4 cricket matches with commentary by John Arlott.
Bought them for an 'old boy' who was fond of the game but unable to see tv and very ill.
He died before I was able to give them to him. sad

Mapleleaf Wed 04-Sep-19 09:06:37

Good morning from a damp, breezy and cool South Yorkshire.
Enjoy your holiday in Rome, Marydoll - you will certainly be ready for it! ?
Glad you are home from hospital, dragonfly and feeling chipper - good to hear.
Oh, Harris, that sounds painful. I hope they sorted you out in hospital.
I’ve got to wait around this morning for the washing machine repair man to call and hopefully fix my machine. I put a load of washing in yesterday and the door lock is jammed so I can’t get my washing out. So annoying, as yesterday was a great drying day outside, whereas today is not. I’ve a feeling a new machine will be on the cards. You don’t realise how much you rely on them until they break down, do you?
Well, gillybob, I hope you’ve managed to clean the loos without needing a mask! It sounds a gross job. Your dream made me smile, though. ?

Barmeyoldbat Wed 04-Sep-19 08:55:00

Good morning one and all, bright and sunny here in N Somerset after a night of rain. Slept well, I usually do, and today is going to be spent finishing my packing for my week in Holland starting tomorrow. Also need to go to the library to print out where we are going and all our booking details as our printer gave up on us
We bought a new yesterday but its not fully working yesterday.

Then a spot of lunch somewhere.

Anniebach Wed 04-Sep-19 08:54:38

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Urmstongran Wed 04-Sep-19 08:29:19

Good morning everyone from a beautifully sunny Malaga. The party we went to was great and we left around midnight and got a taxi back up.

Our lovely neighbours from Yorkshire were arriving last night. They are such a nice couple. He is 82y and she is 77y. Sadly she has had MS these last 10y but I’ve never heard her complain. We shall enjoy catching up with them (over a gin & tonic this evening, most probably!).

You’ll be on your way to Rome by now Marydoll with some anxiety but a lot of excitement! Hope you have a wonderful time.

Your post made me laugh gillybob - you sound more upbeat this morning (even though you’ll be cleaning the loos later!). That’s good.

Hopefully Wednesday will be good to us all whether we have plans or (like me) none. x