Gransnet forums

Chat

Where are they now?

(44 Posts)
seacliff Sat 07-Sep-19 11:21:03

Someone mentioned Jingle this morning and it got me thinking about well known posters we don't see now. If you do a search for anything, so many old names come up that are not here now, sad really. Of course some may have name changed. I never realise who they are!!

Some may have given up and left Gransnet. Others well.....sad

Just one example - I realised I've seen nothing from Jamila or is it Jamilla 1108 for ages.

NanKate Sun 08-Sep-19 19:44:13

I believe Jing is back under a new name. I was told that Ana was no more so I suspect the worst for her.

seacliff Sun 08-Sep-19 19:18:59

Ha ha Maggie ….why would they do that? If you are talking to yourself on a forum, you must have problems grin

Maggiemaybe Sun 08-Sep-19 19:03:52

I don't ever notice that one poster has two names, how on earth do they keep up with which name said what! It must be a bit like being a bigamist, you have to have a good memory. That rules me out.

Me too, seacliff. I did once stumble across a conversation on here between two posters - only from what was said it was obviously the one poster with two names who tripped herself up using the wrong one agreeing with herself. Confused? I was!

My memory is so bad I can’t even remember who the “two” members were!!

Urmstongran Sun 08-Sep-19 10:21:52

I have sent you a p.m. GG13

glammanana Sun 08-Sep-19 10:14:57

Over the years the forum has evolved people have left and changed names for whatever reason what has been apparant is that we have a caring group of members who notice when regular posters are missing some may be popular posters some may not be flavour of the month but they all contribute in some way.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 08-Sep-19 10:06:01

Haven’t seen MarieEliza(sp) for sometime, her posts were always “interesting”?

lemongrove Sun 08-Sep-19 09:59:15

Quite a few of the old names mentioned are still around on GN.
It’s a shame that anyone would use your thread seacliff to
‘Have a go’ at other posters who either have new names or are not here to defend themselves.
If a pm is sent 20 times that is GN computer glitch.
For those who don’t understand name changes, the reasons are various.Either a poster wants a break from the forum, and on returning decides on a new name, or for privacy reasons in cases where they have been in danger of identifying themselves to friends and family, which means they can’t continue to post their problems.There was also ( 2 years ago?)
Privacy leaks from MN and the growing realisation that our posts are used everywhere, publicly.

seacliff Sun 08-Sep-19 09:29:05

I don't ever notice that one poster has two names, how on earth do they keep up with which name said what! It must be a bit like being a bigamist, you have to have a good memory. That rules me out.

Grannycool52 Sun 08-Sep-19 09:14:06

Hi, I am a new member who joined in the last few weeks. I've been mainly doing the games and reading others' posts, getting the measure of it all.
I think it's lovely that you are concerned about those whose names have slipped out of circulation.

Bathsheba Sun 08-Sep-19 08:52:16

I don’t know what she came back as. Apologies for the grammar in my last sentence grin

Haha, so where should the 'as' go then? "I don't know as what she came back"? Sounds bloomin' ridiculous grin.

Your grammar sounds far better to my ears wink

BradfordLass72 Sun 08-Sep-19 03:31:13

I agreee with EllanVannin - you can often tell if a poster has two names by their 'voice' or the tone and phrasing of their posts.

There is at least one regular poster who has two quite different names (I have no idea why she feels it necessary) but it's quite clear to me it the same person.

Gonegirl Sat 07-Sep-19 23:00:31

I wish Ana would come back. If you are reading this Ana.......

MiniMoon Sat 07-Sep-19 22:48:02

I don't recall seeing anything from baubles or Tegan, or is that Tegan2 lately either.
I do miss posts from jinglebellsfrocks, she was rather acerbic and controversial but spoke her mind in no uncertain terms.

janeainsworth Sat 07-Sep-19 22:30:00

That was rubylady, bathsheba. I don’t know what she came back as.
Apologies for the grammar in my last sentencegrin

Bathsheba Sat 07-Sep-19 22:20:23

Was it rubysong who had terrible health problems and was in hospital? I remember annsixty was a good friend to her. I seem to recall she came back with a different name, but I can't remember what it was now, and I don't think she's around anymore. Anyone know? Or is she the rubygirl people are talking about upthread? I know there was more than one ruby.

Lisagran Sat 07-Sep-19 22:10:03

I used to enjoy Jalima’s posts - she had a dry sense of humour. I’ve just read a comment on another thread and wondered if it was from the ‘new’ Jalima. I hope she’s still around.

merlotgran Sat 07-Sep-19 20:57:57

I also wonder about Ana and hope she's OK. She sent me a pm just before she left saying she was rather disillusioned with gransnet and was thinking of leaving. sad

I also miss janerowena who was a keen gardener and we were planning to meet up once the extensive roadworks on the A11 were finished. I think she may have moved because her husband changed jobs.

seacliff Sat 07-Sep-19 20:49:18

Some do it because they have been outed, and want privacy from family seeing anything they write.

Sara65 Sat 07-Sep-19 20:48:04

I haven’t been here for that long, but I feel like I’m missing something, why would you change your identity? What’s the point?

callgirl1 Sat 07-Sep-19 20:40:01

I`ve been missing Oldgoat lately

Gonegirl Sat 07-Sep-19 20:39:55

No, I don't miss either of 'em either.

kittylester Sat 07-Sep-19 19:30:23

I dont miss jinglebellfrocks at all, or jalima for that matter.

eazybee Sat 07-Sep-19 18:37:07

I remember Jalima, and always thought she was very pleasant, with a good sense of humour.
Haven't recognised her under her new name.

KatyK Sat 07-Sep-19 18:31:57

I never join in anything controversial, what with me being a wimp n all but I can never understand why people say 'I do miss so and so' when that person was rude and insulting.

PamelaJ1 Sat 07-Sep-19 17:58:51

Do you all keep notes?
The first time I posted on here my DGS was in hospital recovering from meningitis. He had been very sick.
Jalima was very kind and was one of the names I looked out for. Glad she is still around.
Like Bluebelle I’m not very efficient when it comes to remembering who is who and who says what.
Maybe that’s a good thing?