Gransnet forums

Chat

Gransnet. Should I Be On It?

(193 Posts)
chaffinch Wed 11-Sep-19 13:10:32

I only comment infrequently on here. Looking at all the different topics and viewpoints, I have come to the conclusion that I am not suitable to be on Gransnet because;

a. I voted Leave, and still want to Leave.

b. I like having a monarchy and (most) of the Royal Family.

and worst of all !

c. I am not a dog lover.

There, I have committed the 3 deadly Gransnet sins.

?

GabriellaG54 Sat 14-Sep-19 13:23:37

I asked GN to move my post (and the following replies to it) as I accidentally posted on here instead of a new thread, however, GN REmoved it altogether
I emailed GN and they 'found' it but said they couldn't move a post unless asked to by the OP, which was impossible as I was not the OP of the original thread...IYSWIM.?
They said I could copy and paste from the one they removed and 'found' but the replies could not be moved. They were deleted. Odd...but not my decision. Sorry sad

Smileless2012 Sat 14-Sep-19 13:13:05

I'm not sure that I should be on GN as some days I spend so much time I don't get anything else done.

Today so far, is another exampleblush.

lemongrove Sat 14-Sep-19 13:07:20

Exactly......it was just posts about circuses!

Gonegirl Sat 14-Sep-19 13:06:16

In answer to OP, I wouldn't advise it.

Callistemon Sat 14-Sep-19 13:04:30

Who's on duty?

If a poster requests that a post be removed it surely should be 'at poster's request' not 'against guidelines'?

lemongrove Fri 13-Sep-19 22:06:34

If Gabriella asks HQ to move the thread you can tell us more tomorrow MissA ?

MissAdventure Fri 13-Sep-19 21:34:34

Oh bum! blush
Better ask them to remove my contribution too.

Shame; I was quite enjoying myself.

MissAdventure Fri 13-Sep-19 21:32:46

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

GabriellaG54 Fri 13-Sep-19 21:28:41

Oh dear...sorry. blush
Apologies to the OP, that was supposed to be a new thread.
I'll ask GNHQ to move it tomorrow.

GabriellaG54 Fri 13-Sep-19 21:23:32

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

moggie Fri 13-Sep-19 21:20:01

I voted to leave too
Love the Queen, can’t be doing with the others
I now do love dogs, my daughter converted me, I help look after hers but do not want one of my own?
Please stay ❤️

Bridgeit Fri 13-Sep-19 21:17:44

Should I be on it.?
Well yes because ,I have Rights! I apologies if my rights clash with your rights , but rights are well rights ??

Bridgeit Fri 13-Sep-19 21:13:05

I voted remain and I still want to remain ( no chance of that!)

I like having a Monarchy. ( Queenie is a good un)

I am a dog lover, (but sadly no longer have one.)

I too have committed 3 deadly ( but wonderful ) sins ?

GracesGranMK3 Fri 13-Sep-19 20:33:52

What a shame when a couple of posters turn a thread into A dreary rerun of a Brexit thread.....complete with insults.

Neither politics or religion are considered good social topics. Most adults are aware of this and do not bring them in to such conversion unless they are looking for controversy. There are all sorts of ways of being insulting and putting up a topic such as this and then complaining when people pick up on it and have the "temerity" to disagree is one of them.

Grannycool52 Fri 13-Sep-19 20:18:45

Chaffinch, I took your post to be a light-hearted opening to a good chat.
Unfortunately, some posters have got upset or cross along the way, but I love Gransnet for the variety of views expressed and the wit & humour that some are able to display. It's great!

Marydoll Fri 13-Sep-19 19:20:53

?

lemongrove Fri 13-Sep-19 18:40:48

Spot on chaffinch smile

chaffinch Fri 13-Sep-19 18:31:53

GracesGranMK3

I honestly wasn’t going to bother replying to any of the stuff you have been posting but;

a. I genuinely put my OP in the Chat section because IMHO that is where it belongs, whatever you may think.

b. I never read the Daily Mail, I read the Telegraph, but if anyone wants to read the DM, go ahead, no problem.

c. I do many things, but rarely flounce. Judging by your comments, I think you must be a first rate flouncer.

d. I think the majority of GN’ers understood my post for what it was intended, LIGHT HEARTED. Was never intended to be contentious , but you’re entitled to think that if it makes you happy.

lemongrove Fri 13-Sep-19 18:07:34

Beckett ??

Labaik Fri 13-Sep-19 17:55:13

Then perhaps she knows how to solve the Irish problem....

Beckett Fri 13-Sep-19 16:48:54

GGMK - your asking if WadesNan has a modicum of intelligence did make me laugh - I know her and although she would never tell you herself she has a PhD in Applied Mathmatics which takes more than a modicum of intelligence!

Chewbacca Fri 13-Sep-19 16:46:36

I put it down to leaver voters generally lower level of education

If you read the whole post, and have a modicum of intelligence

Your comments aren't "tongue in cheek GGMK, they're just really, astonishingly rude. How you can ever possibly accuse other posters of stooping so low as to use insults is beyond me.

lemongrove Fri 13-Sep-19 16:33:06

Labaik then ask it on a real Brexit thread, and not this one.
You admit to being an offensive person I see.
#justasithought.

Labaik Fri 13-Sep-19 16:19:08

Well, I'm a pretty offensive person NanKate; it's a good job I didn't write what I've been saying privately....you'd have been really offended then. However, could I just ask all you leavers a couple of questions. What was the EU law that most affected your life and made you want to vote leave. And how do you expect your life to improve if we do Brexit. It's a serious question and I would like to know. I'd also like to know how people reached that decision ie pamphlets/tv/newspapers etc.

lemongrove Fri 13-Sep-19 15:54:38

What a shame when a couple of posters turn a thread into
A dreary rerun of a Brexit thread.....complete with insults.
If posters can’t do lighthearted the very least they can do is refrain from snide digs at others.