Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Thu 12-Sep-19 06:11:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull grey start here in Brackley this morning , the days seem to be drawing in each week.
I am doing my usual bus trips , plus close to where I live we have the towns annual fair, so I will be hearing some of the noise in the evenings.
Mick

Legs55 Thu 12-Sep-19 11:51:58

Good morning all, sun, cloud, wind, blue sky, take your pick here in Devon. I've been out to Podiatrist this morning (NHS as I'm Diabetic & have Peripheral Neoropathy), lovely young man has done my feet & nails I can put varnish on again grin

Lots of jobs to do both in the house & garden, I'd rather be in the garden but I think I'll end up doing bits indoorshmm

Wishing those of you with health problems & dealing with family members with health problems the outcomes you desire flowers

Hymnbook Thu 12-Sep-19 11:13:17

Morning. Should have been meeting my sister today. Had a bad night not much sleep. Stomach in spasm. Got alot on my mind. Decisions to make can't think clearly at the moment. Weather cloudy and windy. Hope everyone had a good day.

EllanVannin Thu 12-Sep-19 10:41:22

Good Morning All x
Dull morning so I've noticed, as I thought I'd get yesterdays dry washing, ironed while I felt like. I'm no good at jobs in the afternoons ! The energy saps.

Then breakfast, showered and dressed waiting for the prescription delivery, then maybe Asda.

All you brave ladies with illnesses and treatments and here's me avoiding the GP's like the plague when I should be sorting my " skin problems " out. I wish you all well. It's because of reading about those who are worse off healthwise that also holds me back too, especially when I'm not ill in myself.

Thinking of the Gillybob household and sorry to learn that things aren't as forthcoming as you'd like. What a nuisance !

Have a good day everyone, home and abroad.
Good job you weren't in/near Magaluf ? when they had their storm, Urmstongran. It looked a tad scary.

Susan56 Thu 12-Sep-19 09:20:23

Glad to hear from you gilly.So sorry you have hurt your back on top of everything else,hoping for a speedy recovery for you??
Sounds like the consultant realises the urgency of your husbands operation,I really hope you get a date soon.
Thinking of you both?

dragonfly46 Thu 12-Sep-19 09:06:21

Know what you mean oldgaijin about the NHS. Everything which would take me 10 minutes to complete takes hours.

oldgaijin Thu 12-Sep-19 09:01:05

Good morning from an overcast Aberdeenshire.. The mutt has had a morning pee and is cuddled beside me while I drink my tea.

I'm on the last chemo cycle, with one dose to go, hurrah. Yesterday was a shambles...arrived for 10.30 appointment to find that the script hadn't been signed and the docs were in a meeting. Finally signed at 1.30p.m. And it took two hours for the chemo to be made up in pharmacy. I was a tired wee girl when I came home so this is going to be a duvet day, SLEEPING! The NHS is wonderful, but they do work at their own pace.

Have a great day everyone.

Anniebach Thu 12-Sep-19 08:59:01

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Dragonfly, Marydoll gilly. hugs x

Feelingmyage55 Thu 12-Sep-19 08:42:55

FROM the nurse ?

Feelingmyage55 Thu 12-Sep-19 08:41:59

Morning - I have left off the “good” today because it is clearly not a great one for gilly and marydoll. If only it could all be kissed better like we do for children. Nearly but not quite sunny here and I am off to lunch with special friends which will cheer me up after vampire treatment for the nurse.

Greyduster Thu 12-Sep-19 08:31:21

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dry at the moment in South Yorkshire. I am having a much needed haircut this morning and then a visit to my niece who I haven’t managed to catch up with for a while. We are out in the sticks this evening watching GS play football. If it overruns, it may end up being a dark sky experience!
Thinking of you Gilly?. Have a good day folks.

Harris27 Thu 12-Sep-19 08:31:00

Hope things start to get better gillybob you do have a lot to put up with. Hope your back feels a bit better soon. I’m back at work and at hospital next Thursday hopefully with a date for next op to remove stone not in pain but stent little uncomfortable. Can’t afford to stay off work so doing my best. You all take care and have the best day you can.

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 12-Sep-19 08:26:02

Good morning from east London, it was bright and sunny but is now cloudy; however, the man on the radio has said I can wear shorts for tennis this morning (24C forecast). Builders still working on the bathroom (thankfully we have an outside netty but it could be a busy place with 6-7 people in the house). School run this afternoon with possibly a swimming lesson thrown in, then choir tonight. Hope you have a good day.

moggie Thu 12-Sep-19 08:24:29

Good morning Mick & all from a dry, bright start in Nottingham. Kitchen removal starts today.
Thinking of you & your DH Gillybob
Glad you’re feeling better Dragonfly & Marydoll feels better soon
All on holiday continue to enjoy.
Have a good everyone ?

dragonfly46 Thu 12-Sep-19 08:17:53

Good to hear from you gilly. We missed you yesterday.
So sorry to hear about your back - not what you need on top of everything else.

Alygran Thu 12-Sep-19 08:12:56

Gilly crossed posts.
Sending love, hugs and flowers

Alygran Thu 12-Sep-19 08:10:54

Good morning. Dull and grey again in North Yorkshire today.
Got my new car yesterday. It’s an automatic and has a proper handbrake so will take a bit of getting used to. Pleased with it though.
Off to make coffee for our parents group this morning then perhaps some gardening if it brightens up.
Sorry to hear about all you poorly people. Hope everyone is on the mend soon.
Hoping we hear from Gilly soon.
Have a good day everyone.

gillybob Thu 12-Sep-19 08:10:17

Good morning from the NE coast where the sun is just starting to peep out from behind the low clouds.

Well first of all I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone for all their good wishes yesterday and again this morning. I did eventually get to read yesterday’s thread but it was too late to post.

DH had his appointment with the consultant who was still unable to offer a definite date for his operation . Apparently he is only one of a less than a handful of surgeons in the country able to perform this particular kind of laser surgery (my DH has had extensive pelvic surgery in the past) . He assured us that it was on his urgent list (which he has been saying since just after Christmas) . He has given DH a course of antibiotics that he needs to take ready for surgery (no infection just a precaution) and he arranged for 2 small procedures that he has had done a few times before to alleviate some of the pain and pressure. Admit to feeling quite disappointed that we didn’t get a date for surgery and feel like we have been left hanging yet again. Can’t really make any plans for anything, not that we do very much but you know what I mean.....

He had a bit of a rotten night on Tuesday night (I had little Evie overnight too) and I ended up not getting into “that bleedin’ place” until almost lunch time.

Anyway to make things worse I have twisted my back which is making me feel sick with pain. Trying hard to keep quiet about it as don’t want to cause any more fuss.

Off to “that place” in about 20 minutes for another fun packed day. Thank goodness it’s Thursday .

To all those on holiday or getting ready to go on holiday I hope you have a wonderful time and to those feeling poorly or off colour I hope you feel better soon.

Deepest apologies for my miserable post, I will feel brighter tomorrow I’m sure . Xx

Marydoll Thu 12-Sep-19 08:06:48

Oh *Auntieflo, that's what always happens. I cancelled appointments next week, as I was supposed to have my angiogram tomorrow, and was told I may have to get things done, now it's been postponed!!!

It's all the things you have to deal with before going into hospital that are more stressful than the actual procedure itself! Best wishes for your op. flowers

Marydoll Thu 12-Sep-19 08:03:36

Thanks Auntieflo for thinking of me. I know it's not like me and I have to admit to wallowing a bit! grin

The antibiotics are as Urmstongran said, industrial strength They are making feel awful on top of the other meds, which also already make me feel yukky!
The good news is the they are doing their job, I can now get one shoe on. grin Hopalong Marydoll, that's me!

I shall give myself a big shake and do some baking, that's my go to therapy.

Auntieflo Thu 12-Sep-19 07:57:31

Good morning Michael, Annie and all to come.
Like everyone else, I am waiting to hear from Mr and Mrs Gillybob . No news is good news!
Dragonfly well done your Dr for sorting you out, and go and enjoy that coffee with friends.
It's not like you Marydoll to fee a bit down in the dumps. Is it the antibiotics again? and you made me giggle about Cribbs Causeway.
I've got the collywobbles myself, as I have the dates for my Pre-op, and also the op. itself. So I have had to cancel/rearrange dentist, hairdresser appointments, but the main thing, I am due to take delivery of our new car almost on the same day.
All will be well, and all will be well.
Have a good day one and all.

Beechnut Thu 12-Sep-19 07:56:41

??Marydoll Cribbs you weren’t entirely wrong as there has been a fake beach there over the summertime.

Lins1066 Thu 12-Sep-19 07:52:25

Good Morning Mick and all from a gloomy S Welsh coast.
DH going to work on the archive at a local NT property this morning. Our cleaner comes on Thursdays, she's a nice girl.
Not feeling great today so will take it easier.
Saw DS last night, he and the RNLI group are already talking about doing another cycle ride next year - for the rare form of cancer that they have just raised money for.
Hope the gillys are ok and wishing everyone a pleasant day.

Susan56 Thu 12-Sep-19 07:47:24

Good morning from Shropshire.Another dull start but looks like it will be sunny later.
A quiet morning hopefully then school pick up later.Had forgotten the horror of parking near the school.We are going to set off early,park in a nearby car park then walk down to the school?
Glad you are feeling better dragonfly and hope you start to feel better too Marydoll.
Thinking of gilly and hope we hear from her later.

Urmstongran Thu 12-Sep-19 07:41:16

I know NannyJan! It is unusual for September. That said, the sun is peeping out but when I went to the front door, there are big black clouds over the mountains.... I shall just look out to sea then from my balcony. It’s like having two weather fronts!

Marydoll Thu 12-Sep-19 07:38:05

Beechnut, I thought you were going to the seaside, until I looked it up! grin