Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Sun 15-Sep-19 06:17:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dusk but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
Nice quiet day , small shop ,and watch final stage of the Vuelta.
The cycling I have been watching on TV both in Spain and in UK , I will in 2 weeks time see some of them completing for the World Road Race championship in Harrogate, more on that later in the next week.
Mick

Notagranyet1234 Sun 15-Sep-19 10:41:12

Morning all. Bright morning in South Yorkshire, I'm enjoying the last few drops of a cup of tea before heading into work on the 3rd of a run of 6 shifts, still shattered from yesterday's shift. Hopefully a better day ahead than yesterday. Very envious of all my neighbours who are out in their gardens. Have a lovely day everyone x

jpren6 Sun 15-Sep-19 10:06:09

Good morning from a sunny bristol my hubby is away in scotland for a walking holiday all the house clean and tidy until he gets back, will have a lazy day today just me and my cat

DillytheGardener Sun 15-Sep-19 09:40:59

Good morning all. I'm lying in bed, feeling like a day off is earned as I spring cleaned the lounge last night. Thinking of repotting some house plants today outside if the weather is nice. smile

gillybob Sun 15-Sep-19 09:33:20

Welcome to Gransnet and Micks lovely, Good Morning Thread Zaiba78 I hope you are able to join us regularly . smile

Harris27 Sun 15-Sep-19 09:32:27

Hi all yes it’s cold in the north east but fair. I’m going Tuesday to see Downton abbey with sis before she heads off on holiday. Will be a nice treat can’t wait. Nothing much today except making lunch and weekly ironing. Chest not good today feel cold coming on.

Mapleleaf Sun 15-Sep-19 09:30:29

Good morning from a lovely warm, bright Isle of Wight.
We are having a treat with the weather at the moment.
I’ve not posted recently because internet coverage is very variable in the house we are staying in.
First visit to the IoW and thoroughly enjoying it.
Hope you all have a nice Sunday. ?

Legs55 Sun 15-Sep-19 09:26:31

Good morning all from sunny Devon, 14C already, promise of 22/23C by Lunchtimesunshine

Off to do a bit of shopping & then I think it will be a day in the garden should be doing houseworkblush making the most of this lovely weather, Autumn colours are so beautiful.

Wishing every-one a lovely Sunday whatever you're doing

Zaiba78 Sun 15-Sep-19 09:20:24

Good morning. all, this is my first post on GN; it’s a lovely sunny morning here in SW London, I’m off to Somerset House as it’s the last day of the Get up Stand up exhibition.

Have a lovely day everyone

harrigran Sun 15-Sep-19 09:16:27

Good morning from a grey windy NE.
Had a lovely lunch out for friend's belated birthday celebration and then back to her house for champagne.
My friend asked if I would go and see Downton Abbey with her, neither of our DHs are interested, looking forward to it.
Family visiting this afternoon.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 15-Sep-19 09:15:51

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny, little bit cool but if it’s like yesterday, will be very warm later. (26C according to my forecast). No builders today (they are working elsewhere). Desperate to get everything back into the kitchen; DP was going to do that yesterday but had to clean everything again as one of the chaps had been cutting tiles outside with the back door open. Like others enjoyed the Last night of the Proms but auld Lang syne always cracks me up, thinking of New Years back in Northumberland with my older sister. GD to collect and take home later, dark cloud of the first homework of the year hanging over us; perhaps I’ll remind her of her Greatest adventure ever’ on Friday, running around our local HollowPonds. Have a good day.

moggie Sun 15-Sep-19 09:05:26

Good morning Mick & all. A grey start in Nottingham. Nothing planned today, had a busy few days helping remove rubble from kitchen & a lovely day y’day with family.
Best wishes to your DD nanabanana1 for a speedy recovery, good to hear you’re doing well Dragonfly
Condolences Brunette10 ?
Sorry to hear the devastating aftermath of the storm Urmstagran
Hope all not feeling well feel better soon.
Gillybob & lins1066 take it easy
& all on holiday have a lovely time.
Have a good day all.

Greyduster Sun 15-Sep-19 08:56:29

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire but it doesn’t feel very warm at the moment. There is a junior football match at midday but I don’t have time to go and I’m not sure DH feels inclined. We will see GS anyway as they are all coming over for a roast later. Have a good day folks.

Anniebach Sun 15-Sep-19 08:54:07

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

dragonfly46 Sun 15-Sep-19 08:53:45

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Looks like another lovely day - coffee outside yesterday. Would love to go for a long walk!

Safe journey home nannytopsy.
Sorry to hear your back is still bad linsand Gilly or should I say backs.
Hope you feel better soon Brunette.
Sad that you can’t be at your aunts funeral but you were there when she was alive which counts for more * nannyjan*.

Easy day today. Would love to see the Downton Abbey film but I have an aversion to cinemas - something to do with sitting in the dark with strangers.

EllanVannin Sun 15-Sep-19 08:51:29

Good Morning All x
A change in the weather here from the last couple of days----it never lasts ! Dull, grey and drizzly but I'm so glad that all my " woolly " washing dried yesterday. Imagine getting excited over that ! How sad.

Chicken today so it'll be going i'thoven soon, sprouts to accompany it along with roast pots stuffing and bread sauce.

I really enjoyed the Proms last night it lifted the spirits, could do with more of it. The lovely voice--and face of the singer too ! What a joy.

Quiet day as it usually is on a Sunday. I hope everyone enjoys a trouble-free day.

oldgaijin Sun 15-Sep-19 08:43:16

Good morning from a bright, clear Aberdeenshire.

The mutt is desperate to go to the woodies...he seems to know that all his doggy mates will be out on a Sunday morning so much chasing and wrestling to get him nice and tired before I go out this afternoon.

Have been looking at flights to Singapore to see the family at Xmas, but they're so much more expensive at that time of year, so I think it will be a Spring visit, bummers.

Am just going to pick another bucket of plums...you should see my hands after I finish stoneing them, like I've bathed in nicotine!

Have a great day.

gillybob Sun 15-Sep-19 08:38:02

Good morning from the North East coast where we have a cool and dull start with rain expected later. So much for the good weather we were told to expect.......sigh

Did a little food shopping yesterday then DD called in with Evie for a couple of hours . She just loves to be outside but it was freezing yesterday afternoon and very windy too.

No plans at all for today. Might do a little bit housework if my back will allow. It’s a bit better but still not 100% .

I’m really looking forward to seeing the Downton Abbey film too but will see how things go with childcare etc. for this coming week . Will probs end up going on my own anyway as there is no way DH could sit through a film .

I’m glad the weather is back to normal for you Urmstongran I saw the photos of the flash floods in some parts with some poor motorists being trapped in submerged tunnels !

To all those travelling , have a lovely time and to all those feeling poorly I hope you feel better soon.

Have a good Sunday everyone x

grannysyb Sun 15-Sep-19 08:33:30

Sitting on the deck of our little ship before we go to Split on the last day of our Croation cruise. It's been hot all week and the forecast for home is good so I can get all the washing done! Home tomorrow, have good day all.

NannyJan53 Sun 15-Sep-19 08:32:42

Good Morning from what promises to be another lovely day in The Black Country.

Spent yesterday with Mum, as Partner is away this weekend. We went to the little market town of Bridgnorth.

Today, I will be pottering around the house, washing, cutting lawn etc. Then start to think about packing for our holiday to Croatia next Sunday. This is tinged with some sadness, as the funeral of my Aunt will be when we are away, I learnt yesterday sad

So glad you are ok Urmston I was thinking of you yesterday when I heard about the storms in Spain, as they looked seriously close to Malaga.

Best wishes to anyone feeling down or unwell flowers

Lins1066 Sun 15-Sep-19 08:28:13

Good Morning all from a sunny S Welsh coast.
Still immobilised due to bad back, muscular according to the doctor. I was upset yesterday as I was unable to attend the interment of DH's parents at the crematorium.
Glad you enjoyed your holidays Maw and NannyT
Hope you feel better soon* Brunette*.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

Auntieflo Sun 15-Sep-19 08:23:08

Good morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others. Bright and sunny here, with just a nip in the air. Church later on and catch up with friends at coffee afterwards.
Then I am returning a throw I bought yesterday, in a new shop in town. It was the right colour, but had no label, anywhere, giving washing instructions, or what it was made of. When I got to the till to pay for it, there was no bar code either!
NanKate, I know what you mean about the price they charge for cake, or indeed most refreshments at NT places. But yesterday we had a piece of the most tasty, lemony, lemon drizzle cake, for 50p per slice, from a charity stall run by the guides.
Hope Gillybob's back is getting better.
Have a good day one and all

Beechnut Sun 15-Sep-19 08:18:00

Good Morning everyone.
Here on Severnside I’ve opened my eyes to a sunny morning.

I enjoyed my pottering and then reading in the garden yesterday. I stayed out until it was dark and the lights came on.

Sending best wishes to poorly ones and hope everyone has a good day ?

ninathenana Sun 15-Sep-19 08:17:35

Morning everyone.
Lovely sunny morning in Kent with temp expected to rise to 20+c
Had a fabulous night last night with friends, we went to a gastro pub that had a brilliantly funny and talented drag act. He went through at least 6 costume changes.
Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but we all had a great time.
Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Sun 15-Sep-19 08:14:46

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Brrr definitely turning cold here. I hope we won't regret ripping up the carpets and sanding the floors.

I'm off to aiberdeenshire quite soon.

Enjoy your cycling Mick I had no idea there were so many races apart from Tour de France.

Sorry Brunette that on top of everything else, you have a cold. Nature's way of enforcing rest perhaps.

Wishing you all a happy and productive day.

Urmstongran Sun 15-Sep-19 08:08:35

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it promises to be another fine day. Good, because we plan to be out and about somewhere, sightseeing around noon.

We were so lucky in Andalusia that the awful storm didn’t do too ugh damage. Valencia and Murcia got hit hard apparently with 5 dead and 3,500 people having to be evacuated from their homes. Devastating. Those poor families who have a funeral to sort out and yet the sun is shining now. They must be in bits.

Hope Sunday is kind to me all whether we have plans or none. x