Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(27 Posts)
12Michael Mon 16-Sep-19 06:13:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its just twilight , signs days are drawing in , a dry start here in Brackley this morning,
Quiet day , housework and general tidy up.
Mick

BlueSapphire Mon 16-Sep-19 16:16:54

Good afternoon everyone! Well I was all ready to post straight after Mick, but the site had other plans.

So I went off to yoga and coffee, came home, had lunch, and have done some much needed sorting of official papers this afternoon, which entailed going through late DH's work briefcases, which was quite sad. At least I know now that all birth, marriage, death certificates, my will and Power of Attorney etc are all in one place now, and that DC will be able to find everything should the need arise, (hopefully not just yet!)

It was lovely meeting up with MawB again yesterday afternoon at the cinema where we had both booked the same screening of Downton Abbey. We had a lovely little catch-up.

Hope the day is being kind to all.

Auntieflo Mon 16-Sep-19 14:29:43

Good afternoon everybody. When I tried, much earlier on, everything was all over the place. Server error or something!

I had to go out, opticians appointment, and I was late , and Yes, it was that one where we should all have gone to.( S............s)
Somehow I got the time wrong, there is a lot going on at the moment, and my diary is full, but luckily I met a friend in town and we went for a coffee and had a catch up.
Tomorrow we are going to see our new car, and sort out the Reg No etc. Exciting.
Have a good day one and all.

NanKate Mon 16-Sep-19 14:17:45

Afternoon Mick and All.

It seemed very odd starting off the day without you all.

Sorry life is such a bummer for you and yours GillyB and sprout with her fall. ??

Been to Keep Fit, exhausted ?

Sprout Mon 16-Sep-19 13:51:35

Afternoon Mick and all. Sorry it's late today. Cloudy here in Rochford but no rain as of yet. Quiet day after my fall on holiday my chest is still very painful. Never mind it will get better. Have a good day everyone

Legs55 Mon 16-Sep-19 12:32:40

Good morning all now good afternoon, cloudy but warm here in Devon. Had a busy morning, lots of interuptions, phone calls & my neighbour plus an Anglian window salesman who was very persistentgrin

Hopefully I'll get some work done this afternoon (house or garden). Tempting to get out in the garden but should do housework & ironingblush

gillybob Mon 16-Sep-19 12:21:37

Well a quick Good Morning Afternoon from the North East where the weather is pretty dull and cloudy just like my mood today.

Are you in the Med today Harri ? Its certainly not lovely or sunny here where I am sat sitting !

DH has had a very poor night (one of the worst yet). We have been to the hospital this morning (again) and I have left him there while I tie up some bits n' bobs in "this bleedin' place" .

Hope everyone has a much better Monday than mine so far. What's that song again? "Things can only get better...…."

xx

Grammaretto Mon 16-Sep-19 12:19:31

Good afternoon all from the Scottish Borders. A cold but sunny day here.
I missed my early start due to the glitch.
I'm hoping for a restful week after the manic time weve had. Nice manic, not horrible.
DGD birthday party was perfect. 2 years old. No longer a baby just a happy little girl.

Beechnut Mon 16-Sep-19 11:09:33

Good Morning all.
Dry and cloudy this morning on Severnside.

With the dry weather my plan is to get throws and cushion covers washed ready for the cooler months.

Going to see my friend this afternoon.

I hope you all enjoy the day and feel better if you have or are poorly.
?

Greyduster Mon 16-Sep-19 10:59:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Better late than never! An overcast, cool day in South Yorkshire. DH is finishing painting the fence and I have been cleaning up the aftermath of the late and rather prolonged roast dinner we had with DD et al! All crackling, cake, candles and chaos! Have a good day folks.

harrigran Mon 16-Sep-19 10:34:46

Good morning from a lovely sunny NE.
Quiet day today after family's visit yesterday.

dragonfly46 Mon 16-Sep-19 10:25:38

Just popped in again to say DGD started school today. She is 4 years and 4 months but she looks so excited in her purple uniform. Not allowed to post pics!

Susan56 Mon 16-Sep-19 10:18:05

Good morning from rainy Shropshire.
A friend is coming over for coffee and chat this morning.Not sure what the rest of the day will bring.Our daughter was taken into hospital yesterday as the midwife thought she should be induced even though she has two weeks to go.The hospital drs didn’t agree but kept her in all day monitoring then sent her home but want her to go back today.We are on standby to look after Matilda.I have a feeling this is how the next couple of weeks are going to be.
Have a good day all.

vena11 Mon 16-Sep-19 10:05:10

Quiet that is

vena11 Mon 16-Sep-19 10:03:57

Morning all, dull start here in Bristol, nothing much planned today as did not have the school pick up this morning as DS is working from home today and he took the DGS to school but we have school pick up in the afternoon but will need to be quite when we get to their house as DS will still be working , a bit impossible with a 9 and 5 year old lol.

Hope all have a good day .

Anniebach Mon 16-Sep-19 10:01:14

Good morning Aunty flo and all x

ninathenana Mon 16-Sep-19 09:58:51

Good morning !!

I thought I'd be right behind you Mick at 6.30 but as we know GN shut the door.
Cloudy in Kent with rain forecast later. Such a change from yesterday when we had the fans on.
Just having a cuppa before tackling some housework.
Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Mon 16-Sep-19 09:54:47

Good morning everyone - another gorgeous day in Malaga. We visited Malaga cathedral yesterday afternoon and took loads of photos.

It Monday so that means my ladies wine afternoon. My relative who is staying with me would like to meet everyone. So that’ll be 7 of us in total today for tapas and wine.

We plan to get the train then to Torremolinos (only 2 stops - 10 minutes) and stroll along the paseo to the marina where we plan on having a delicious cocktail and then choose a restaurant for dinner before getting a taxi home.

I know, it’s hard ... but someone has to do it.
?

Hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

EllanVannin Mon 16-Sep-19 09:49:37

Good Morning All x
Sun is starting to show through the clouds. A typical autumn day I feel. It's nice and calm for a change too.
Showered and breakfast eaten so I'll wait and see what the day brings. Cleaning the patio windows would be a good place to start.

I could do with doing some more sorting as a few areas are getting a bit out of hand. I was bidding on E-bay for a shredder last night and the damn cursor decided to freeze ! So that was that. I must get a new one though things are desperate with paperwork piling up. I'll buy one this time.

Hope everyone's well and brimming with energy to start a new day/week. Those who are under the weather I hope things improve for you.
Enjoy the day.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 16-Sep-19 09:46:25

Good morning from east London, I can rest easy now the GN problem is sorted. Dull but mild here and we have had a bit of mizzle but not enough to wet anything. Lunchtime tennis today and trying to sort out a few days in Northumberland at the end of the month. Builders very quiet today, we’re down to 3 and it very much looks like finishing off stuff; I’ve felt confident enough to do some dusting. Have a good day.

Feelingmyage55 Mon 16-Sep-19 09:32:34

Good morning. Frost here in my part of Scotland. Been to shop while it is quiet and washing on the line. Stayed up too late finishing a good book but could not put it down until I knew the ending. Having a cup of tea and off to do all the windows inside and out if I have the energy. Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

Marydoll Mon 16-Sep-19 09:31:04

I hope everyone has a pleasant day and those who are poorly and sad feel better soon

I did preview, I promise! grin

GrannyGravy13 Mon 16-Sep-19 09:30:35

Goodmorning Mick, Dragonfly and all.

It's grey here in S E Essex, but warm and "muggy" off to the gym this morning then school pick up.

Wishing you all a "moan free Monday"

Marydoll Mon 16-Sep-19 09:29:39

Yeah! Good morning at last!!!
The sun is shining here in Glasgow (I had to double check ? )

I've had a very productive morning, as GN wasn't working and DH is golfing! The washing is ready to go out, I've mastered Spotify and made a very long play list for my car, worked out how to transfer to my Ipod and cleaned the bathrooms.
It has highlighted how much time I waste spend on GN.

I'm off to visit the House of torture, an appointment with the dental hygenist. I'm dreading it, as my mouth is still painful, a side effect of my meds. No doubt, I shall also get a lecture! sad

I hope everyone has a pleasant day and tose wo are poorly and sad feeel better soon. flowers
Dragonfly, I hope you are making progress and Brunette, you are feeling a little better.

dragonfly46 Mon 16-Sep-19 09:25:36

Good morning Michael seems it is just you and me today as there is a glitch.

Grey and murky in Leicestershire. Hoping to meet a friend for lunch.hope it doesn’t wear me out!

12Michael Mon 16-Sep-19 09:25:04

This is working OK now
Mick