Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone Entered the GransNet HQ Writing Competition?

(29 Posts)
spudsmema Tue 17-Sep-19 14:38:53

Afternoon lovelies - just checking in to see if any of you have sent in an entry to the fabulous HQ Writing Comp.

If so, did you get an e-mail acknowledging your entry or is it a case of trusting it has reached them safely? Asking for a friend wink

Good luck with your entries everyone.

LuiseP Sat 15-Feb-20 18:21:49

Dear Gransnet, I didn’t submit in September 2019- not quite fully satisfied with my novel. Will you be running the competition again later in 2020? The need for older protagonists in fiction is still there!

LuiseP Thu 13-Feb-20 13:02:06

Did you release the results of this competition looking for a novel with an older female protagonist? With Harper Collins?
I have a great book, but missed the deadline while doing research in the Skeleton Coast of Namibia.
Also, will you be running it again?
Best wishes The Apothecary and Her Apprentices by Dr Luise Parsons....

NotTooOld Wed 05-Feb-20 20:26:46

Did we ever hear the results of this competition?

Hatiltas Tue 04-Feb-20 22:01:56

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Indigoblue Thu 07-Nov-19 11:58:43

thanks for the tweet link, I'll try again.

NotTooOld Tue 05-Nov-19 22:20:25

Thanks for the tweet link. There's an awful lot of competition, isn't there? hmm hmm [hm] grin

Maggiemaybe Tue 05-Nov-19 09:38:21

That’s interesting! Thank you for the information.

Suly Tue 05-Nov-19 09:35:38

Ah, spudsmema, you beat me to it smile

Suly Tue 05-Nov-19 09:33:58

Spotted a tweet this am from Katie Mills yesterday with a photo showing the gang sitting down to read the entries. Several big piles worth. So something is happening. Just hope it includes all the submissions that didn't receive an acknowledgement.

spudsmema Mon 04-Nov-19 19:23:54

Link to a tweet posted today for those not on Twitter smile

twitter.com/Kate7Mills/status/1191313136617435137

Suly Mon 04-Nov-19 15:30:39

I too submitted towards the back end of September and had no reply. It's reassuring, I guess, that others didn't as well. Was there a long list? If so, was it published? It would put some of us out of our misery if so ;o)

NotTooOld Sat 02-Nov-19 17:26:38

I sent in my submission on 26 September and have had no acknowledgement. This needs sorting, please Gransnet.

BonaFide Sat 02-Nov-19 13:12:42

Yes fingers crossed for all of us who didn’t hear anything!

Thanks for passing on the update - I shall use that as motivation to do some editing this weekend. grin

Maggiemaybe Sat 02-Nov-19 12:49:25

I didn't either, BonaFide. I contacted GNHQ at the time and they said they knew there was an issue with acknowledgements, but I didn't hear any further. With any luck they'll have received them all. Fingers crossed!

BonaFide Sat 02-Nov-19 12:43:05

Ah thank you! I’ll look for it.

Presumably my manuscript is not even in the running though, since I didn’t get the auto-response acknowledgment.

Maggiemaybe Sat 02-Nov-19 12:39:58

There's a post from earlier this week on the Won Anything? thread saying that shortlisted entrants will be asked to submit their full manuscript in 2 or 3 weeks time, and the winner should be announced on 6 December.

It's going to be a busy few weeks for some. grin

BonaFide Sat 02-Nov-19 12:35:27

I’ve reported this thread to try to get an update for us all.

BonaFide Sat 02-Nov-19 12:32:48

Also didn’t get an automated response from HQ, and have heard absolutely nothing. Nor did the other women who applied from my writing group. confused

Jillsiddall Sat 02-Nov-19 12:15:26

Hi, I entered the Gransnet HQ novel competition in September and didn’t get an automated response. Nothing in my junk box and the email didn’t bounce back. My question is, should I keep watching my mail, or did I get lost? Thanks.

Joannajeczalik Sat 26-Oct-19 21:08:40

Dear HQ Gransnet, I sent an entry in September but received no automatic reply and have had no news since. I’m assuming I’m not longlisted but it would be great to know. Thanks, Joanna

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 18-Sep-19 10:25:58

Just to say to anyone submitting - if you don't get an auto response acknowledging receipt, check your spam folder as it may be in there. Submitting for a second time won't trigger the response if your first one went through successfully.

To the two people who have queried via contactus - we are checking for you and will get back to you asap

spudsmema Tue 17-Sep-19 16:54:18

thankssmile

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 17-Sep-19 16:49:57

Thank you - we are speaking to HQ about it so will get back to you asap

spudsmema Tue 17-Sep-19 16:03:41

Many thanks for your reply. I have re-submitted as suggested but still not received a response and so have e-mailed you directly as advised.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 17-Sep-19 15:34:56

spuds this from HQ...

Entrants should receive an auto reply from our inbox, so if they don’t they should resend and check the email address is correct

If you have no luck second time round, drop us a line at [email protected]