Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Thu 19-Sep-19 06:22:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but still twilight here in Brackley this morning.
Apart from some pre packing for going away , I will be doing my usual bus tips out to Bicester and Buckingham.
And visit my cafes I use.
Mick

Urmstongran Thu 19-Sep-19 21:41:28

Hi to more newbies - Teal and TyneAngel!

See you in the morning ladies x
?

BlueSapphire Thu 19-Sep-19 21:22:39

No, glammagran. The ones I like are mules with a little wedge heel - I just cannot wear flat shoes or slippers. One of my my neighbours loves them as well, so she will be disappointed too.

glammagran Thu 19-Sep-19 15:49:10

Oops forgot pic

glammagran Thu 19-Sep-19 15:48:08

It’s not this style is it BlueSaphire?

I am very annoyed M&S have discontinued this style. I wear them out in the garden as they’re old but wish I could buy another pair.

Have a lovely cruise Bella and Galen.

Best wishes to anyone feeling low or unwell.

Hymnbook Thu 19-Sep-19 10:56:17

Morning. Having a lazy day. Lovely sunny morning. Had a lovely lunch with my sister yesterday tomorrow off to the cinema to see the Downton abbey film. Hope everyone has a good day.

EllanVannin Thu 19-Sep-19 10:37:19

Good Morning All x
Lovely and sunny here on the NB coast, hope it lasts the day.
Just looking at all the dust which the sun highlights but I won't be doing anything about it because of work being done next week.

Bed stripped, washing on, showered, breakfasted. Lucky to be alive !
To those holidaying, enjoy and make the most of it. Those who are under the weather, hope things improve.
Everyone else, have an enjoyable day.

Pantglas2 Thu 19-Sep-19 10:26:20

A sunny morning all from Spain where tinternet was down for an hour so I’m busy catching up with all your doings!

Out for lunch with our besties soon as we’re home to Wales next week for however long it takes for my DHs op. We are sneaking off to Greece to visit friends in October so hopefully will be after that.

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you’re up to x

Legs55 Thu 19-Sep-19 10:24:23

Good morning all from a very sunny Devon, cloudless sky again & promise of a hot afternoon.

Welcome Emelia & Teal

My DD has "kidnapped" my car for the weekend so if I want to go anywhere I'll have to walk, too young for a bus pass & at £2.20 for one stop which I refuse to pay it's walk or stay at home. I really miss my local shop & P.O. which closed at the end of August due to owner's retirement. Sadly no-one was interested in buying a very profitable business so it's almost 1 mile each way into Town uphill coming home so buying much is out of the question hmm

Harris27 Thu 19-Sep-19 10:18:28

Thank you marydoll hope your doing ok too.

TyneAngel Thu 19-Sep-19 10:17:25

Good morning everyone. I don't know why I don't look at this thread first thing every morning, it cheers me to see so much kindness and good humour. Just about to dive into the drawers under the bed to sort out autumn/winter clothes, then off to see Downton movie this afternoon. Have a good day, everyone, be kind to yourselves.

Teal Thu 19-Sep-19 10:05:37

Hi all, I’m new here too and would love to join in, such a lovely, pleasant thread.
It’s a beautiful morning here in the NE, bright blue sky and warm.
I’ve done a bit of house pottering this morning, baked a loaf of bread and had my Sainsburys delivery.
Off to work soon, I only do afternoons so plenty of time to enjoy everything else.
Have a lovely day everyone.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 19-Sep-19 10:00:55

Morning all from a sunny South Notts.

Welcome Emelia.

Those coastal scenes look glorious alygran - wish I was there.

I WILL go to the computer shop with this laptop this morning -it's time to stop putting it off. They've never laughed at me so far but I'm always worried they will.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Alygran Thu 19-Sep-19 09:14:59

Good morning from sunny North Yorkshire.
Had a lovely trip to the seaside yesterday and fish and chips for lunch. Here are a couple of photos from Saltburn pier. Sadly the steelworks in the distance are no longer operating.
Quiet morning for me then coffee with a friend later.
Hope everyone has a good day and those not so well feel better.

Lins1066 Thu 19-Sep-19 08:59:27

Good Morning from S Welsh coast.
Beautiful sunny morning here.
Welcome Emilia, nice name.
I was just thinking the same about Bellasnanna, Urmston! Have a lovely holiday Bellasnana and Galen.
Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Thu 19-Sep-19 08:57:59

Actually just popped back to say I’ve just weighed myself and after 7 weeks in Malaga, picking up a menu most nights and drinking a fair amount of wine every day (oh dear, I am due to see the nurse on Monday for a routine check up) I’ve only gained 2lbs! Wowzer! It must have been all that walking and swimming wot done it.
?

Anniebach Thu 19-Sep-19 08:55:19

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

I am sad ,John Humphrys is retiring.

Hope everyone has a good day x

harrigran Thu 19-Sep-19 08:53:34

Good morning from a lovely sunny NE.
Seaside lunch today at a good fish and chip restaurant and maybe a walk along the prom ...tiddly om pom pom ???
Have a wonderful cruise Galen and Bella.
Welcome to emelia205.
Thinking of gilly and her DH.

Urmstongran Thu 19-Sep-19 08:40:29

Good morning everyone from a dry and bright South Manchester. I can’t wait to walk over and see the smalls after school. I’m sure I’ll be bathing them I love the one to one time with them - mind you for speediness on school nights there is usually one at each end of the bath!

A shout out to you Emelia newbies are always welcome on Mick’s thread. Where are you posting from? It’s nice to know.

Happy cruising Bellasnanna it’s a pity the cruise ship couldn’t swing by Malta and pick you up en route to save you the hassle of coming over here!

Marydoll try to rest up a bit lady. You do so much even whilst poorly. x

Hope Thursday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

vena11 Thu 19-Sep-19 08:32:07

Morning all bright start again here in Bristol a slight drop in temperature .
Welcome Emelia, have a wonder cruise Bella and Gelan

Dragonfly take it easy it just takes time.

Hope every ones day goes as planned.

Went to see Downton yesterday a nice light hearted film DH more of a fan than I am but I did enjoy it.

moggie Thu 19-Sep-19 08:20:22

Good morning Mick & all from a dry, bright start in Nottingham. Kitchen fitter here for next couple of days. Visit my sister today & go for a walk, we live near Wollaton Park & also lovely nature reserve nearby. Welcome emelia205, happy cruising bellsnana, have good trip Mick. Hope your daughters monitoring goes well Susan. Hope all not feeling well are better soon. Have a lovely day everyone.

Marydoll Thu 19-Sep-19 08:18:40

Harris, I hope your appointment goes well.

Harris27 Thu 19-Sep-19 08:10:00

Good morning from sunny ne. Off today as I’ve a hospital apppointment hoping they’ll tell me what I’m getting done to get rid of kidney stone. I have a stent in at the moment and it’s embarrassing as I need to wee all the time nit good with a room full of kiddies to look after! Anyway fingers crossed have a good day all.

dragonfly46 Thu 19-Sep-19 08:07:31

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Welcome Emelia.

How lovely Bella and Galen going away together. Did you meet via Grans et and have you done it before? I hope you have a wonderful time.

Coffee with friends this morning then home for a rest. Think I overdid it the other day!

Marydoll Thu 19-Sep-19 08:06:39

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow.

Welcome Emelia!

I'm "late" to the thread today, as I had a bad night, my medication is making me so nauseous again. DH of course slept like a log, oblivious to everything.

Well my bramble muffins, that I made yesterday, were a complete disaster! sad, which DH was quick to point out. angry I shall just have to make my fail safe sultana cake, as DD is visiting tonight after work.
Of course,she and her fiance are not coming to see me, grin, but DGD, as this is a nursery pick up day.
My wee granddaughter will no doubt lift my spirits.

Galen and Bellasnana, enjoy your cruise and Mick enjoy your day out.

Thinking of Brunette, who has her aunt's funeral today, Gilly's DH and hoping Dragonfly is making good progress.

Susan56 Thu 19-Sep-19 07:51:08

Good morning from Shropshire where the sun is trying to shine.
Laundry and housework this morning then picking up DGD from preschool for her usual Thursday overnight stay.DD has a day off from monitoring so will catch up with everything while we can.
Welcome to Emelia and hope you have a wonderful holiday Bella and Galen.