Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(49 Posts)
12Michael Fri 20-Sep-19 06:11:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a twilight start but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
Quiet day, just finish my essential packing later ready for tomorrows depart.
The intinary for the cycling at Harrogate looks packed .
More tomorrow before I go.
Mick

Legs55 Fri 20-Sep-19 14:16:31

Good morning all from sunny but very windy Devon.

Cracking on with housework ready for a visitor soon, I hate housework but even I can see my house needs a good cleanblush.

After Lunch I will go out in the garden, can't bear being stuck indoors when the sun shines.

DD has "kidnapped" my car for the weekend so if I need anything I have a long walk, don't feel up to it so I'll just raid my freezerhmm

NanKate Fri 20-Sep-19 13:07:14

I buy lots of excellent costume jewellery from charity shops. ?

Jeanlizzie Fri 20-Sep-19 12:52:19

Good afternoon from a glorious sunny country Durham, we've just come back from a shopping trip to Barnard castle, and it is the most wonderful little market town

grannylyn65 Fri 20-Sep-19 11:38:52

Away for 9 days! How will we cope ?

annsixty Fri 20-Sep-19 10:36:27

Thankyou Auntyflo all costume I'm sorry to say.
Never had much of the good stuff.
I am making that my project for today.

Auntieflo Fri 20-Sep-19 10:22:03

Annsixty, our charity certainly takes jewellery.
Costume or real.
The real stuff is valued by a local jeweller, and the costume jewellery is very popular.

annsixty Fri 20-Sep-19 09:38:26

Good morning all from sunny Stockport.
Just had to post this morning as I am fascinated by The Hound of the Baskervilles in a cemetery, so wish I could go.
You will need your winter woolies on though.
Happy Birthday to Nannyjan.
As usual nothing on for me today but I will potter around the house.
I have been tidying in my bedroom and have just ordered a necklace/ chain holder from A.....n to clear things up a bit.
Do charity shops take jewellery I wonder?
I have years worth never worn.

vena11 Fri 20-Sep-19 09:32:12

Good morning another lovely day here in Bristol .
Late start for me this morning don't know what happened to me to sleep so late,
Happy Birthday nannyjan
Nice the Friday feeling hope everyone enjoys their day.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 20-Sep-19 09:25:02

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny here but it’s like stepping into a cold shower when I fed the birds this morning. DP has suggested we move the feeder as the area beneath it has become a cat hot spot. Going through this thread, perhaps we need a ‘Builders In’ thread - not sure if the last day with mine will be today as there’s quite a few odds and sods to be sorted. Tennis at 10 today and hoping it stays fine as we’re going to a performance of Hound of the Baskervilles in a cemetery tonight. Have a good day.

Grammaretto Fri 20-Sep-19 09:24:48

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. A bit later today for me.

It's almost freezing outside and I have jut picked the last of the ripe tomatoes from the greenhouse. The rest are green.
Welcome to Ohmother. Happy birthday to Nannyjan

We have a family party to attend this evening in Edinburgh. There's a climate rally too so I will be getting the bus! Off to yoga first.

Anniebach Fri 20-Sep-19 08:52:53

Good morning Auntyflo,GrannyGravy ,and all x

GrannyGravy13 Fri 20-Sep-19 08:40:24

Goodmo Mick and all x

Auntieflo I hope your injuries ease, but you really do know how to make an entrance!!!

Happy Birthday Nannyjan ???

Galen and bellasnonna enjoy your ?

I am off to M & S foodhall as our GS is collecting the "playfood" and they stop the offer next week and he only needs a few items.

Then straight to Waitrose for their own brand Baked Beans, Tinned Tomatoes and Tinned Sweetcorn as nothing else is acceptable here. Aldi's is our closest supermarket which I use for most things.

School pick up, and cuddles.

Goodmorning Anniebach x

Alygran Fri 20-Sep-19 08:38:00

Good morning from foggy North Yorkshire. The sun is just about breaking through.
Spare beds to make up today as family are coming for the weekend as it’s my birthday tomorrow. Then I must do some gardening. The long border is very overgrown.
DD2 arrives first and we are going to see Downton this evening and pick up an Indian takeaway on the way home.
Happy birthday Nannyjan.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Harris27 Fri 20-Sep-19 08:34:57

Happy Friday all. Had appointment yesterday at hospital have to have op to get rid of this awful stone just waiting for date and all go! At work later like you gillybob love fridays but can’t wait for 5.30! Have a good day all and the weather seems promising up North for the weekend!

EllanVannin Fri 20-Sep-19 08:28:58

Good Morning All x
A lovely start to the day again so I'll wash my large dressing gown to freshen in readiness for winter. It's like a blanket.

Yesterday turned out to be a surprising one with a house full late afternoon. D, AGC and GGC from school. It was lovely to see them all. The toy box was raided first, then the tin of assorted biscuit bars.
It's invariably all or nothing for visitors but I don't mind as I'm always glad to see any of them.

Will be hoovering up crumbs and grass cuttings trodden in from the garden but apart from that not much else so will relax in the lovely weather break.

Enjoy your holidays, those who are abroad and to the ones who are not too grand hope things improve for you. Everyone else, just enjoy your day.
Gillybob's favourite day !

Ginny42 Fri 20-Sep-19 08:21:47

Oh dear Auntieflo. I did a similar thing the day before but up steps into the kitchen and landed in a heap surrounded by the washing I was bringing in from the garden, with my knee across the threshold bar and my shins on the metal step edge. After the initial shock I was able to get lashings of arnica cream onto my knees and shins right away and the bruising's not as bad as it might have been. Not sure how effective it is if you don't apply arnica right away, but it might be worth a try. flowers

BlueSapphire Fri 20-Sep-19 08:21:25

Good morning all from a lovely sunny Northampton.

Usual trip to Sainsbury's/M&S Food this morning. Taking my winter duvet in for its annual clean, then I shall be ready for the cooler nights. Then picking up DGD from school this afternoon.

Had the sad news this week that an old family friend passed away, which was not unexpected, as he was in his early 90s, and had been in hospital for a while. Spent yesterday trying to work out whether I can get to his funeral by train (in Gloucestershire) and have found suitable trains at the right times. My DM had lived with his family and looked after him when he was a little boy in the 1930s and he and his family have remained in close contact ever since. Apparently as an 18 yr old, he visited my DM in the nursing home in his naval uniform when I was born, so he has been part of my life since birth, and like a big brother. I last saw him at his late wife's funeral a couple of years ago.

Happy birthday NannyJan and welcome to our newcomers. Hope that we all have some nice weather to enjoy today.

gillybob Fri 20-Sep-19 08:15:50

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a beautiful sunny start to the day.

Well I just made it through to Friday by the skin of my teeth this week . A full week of school runs, childcare, breakfasts, shopping with dad, MTD course, trips to hospital with DH and “that place” .I even managed to do a little bit tidying in the garden last night which was much needed.

I’m having a night off tonight but have little Evie on Saturday night and all day Sunday as my DD is working . She’s no bother at all if she can get outside but she will have me up at the crack of sparrows on Sunday morning !

I hope you have a wonderful trip to Harrogate to watch the cycling Michael , Happy Birthday to you NannyJan, have a lovely day. I hope you and Galen have a most enjoyable cruise Bellasnana, I’m a teensy bit envy

To everyone with plans I hope you have a lovely time and to those not feeling very well I hope you feel better soon.

Welcome to Teal I missed your first post yesterday . I’m in the North East too. Right in the coast. Cooooeeeeeee ? I love Nigel Slater and read “Toast” years ago. It should be great fun. I hope you enjoy it.

Counting down the last few minutes before heading off but will be watching the clock most of the morning waiting to break free .

Have a good Friday everyone x

harrigran Fri 20-Sep-19 08:15:05

Good morning from a sunny NE.
I have my last diabetes prevention course this morning, I hope I get a certificate to prove I have completed it.
Happy Birthday NannyJan.
TGIF gillybob.

oldgaijin Fri 20-Sep-19 08:10:15

Good morning from what should be a sunny Aberdeenshire once the haar has burnt off. Hooray three times...Have had the last dose of chemo and have finally thrown off the side effects so tonight, I crack open the quarter bottle of champagne which I know is lurking in the fridge. Am still very tied and shall continue the afternoon snooze as long as possible...the mutt won't mind as he likes a soft, warm bod to snuggle into.

Rugby World cup starts today, hurrah! That's my reason for resting.

A quick amble round the woodies this morning for the mutt as he does love to meet his mates, stir the freezer round to see what floats to the surface for tea and that's my day sorted. Hope it's a good one for everyone.

Greyduster Fri 20-Sep-19 08:05:55

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Another bright day in South Yorkshire. We were out all day yesterday so have some domestic catching up today. First job is to drag all my fishing stuff out of the car and clean it! Happy Birthday to Nannyjan??! Have a good day folks!

Marydoll Fri 20-Sep-19 08:03:47

Good morning all from a very misty Glasgow, it's just as how Keats describes autumn,
season of mists and mellow fruitfulness.
(I thought I would introduce a wee bit of culture to this lovely thread. grin.)
The trees in our garden are laden with berries, is that a sign of a bad winter to come, or an old wive's tale?
I can't see a thing outside, it's so foggy! Hmmn, I wonder where the fog lights are on my car??

After yet another bad night, I have woken up with absolutely no voice. There will be someone, not a million miles from me, who will be glad of the silence. grin.
It is all DH's fault!! angry. He has coughed and sneezed and MOANED all week, now I have his dreaded lurgy!!

We were meant to go out for lunch today, but I'm not so sure now.

I'm glad to see new faces on the thread. In fact there have been quite a number of newbies on GN itself. Has GNHQ been having a recruitment drive? grin

Happy Birthday to nannyjan! ?

Have a good day everyone.

Beechnut Fri 20-Sep-19 08:02:32

Happy Birthday NannyJan ??

kittylester Fri 20-Sep-19 08:01:07

Morning all from a sunny North Leicestershire.

I had an awful night so taking it easy to get started. I have to go to the bank today as my card was blocked while I was buying wine in Aldi yesterday! A friend is coming for a meal tonight.

Happy birthday nannyjan and happy Friday gillybob.

Weird to see you in Suffolk, topsy instead of just up the road.

Auntieflo Fri 20-Sep-19 07:59:55

Good morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others.
I missed yesterday's thread completely, as DH had a follow up hospital appointment . His PSA levels are down to 0.03%, good news. So we had lunch out to celebrate.
Then in the afternoon, we were picking up our new car. Lovely, except I managed to trip on some very uneven asphalt after parking our old car, and entering the showroom. I hurt my wrist, grazed both hands, fell heavily on my poor boob, and banged my head. A large egg shaped bump, appearing rapidly.
Not the way I would wish to make an entrance. Everybody was very kind, but it shook me up.
Instead of driving our new car home, we were chauffered, as my wrist was sore, and DH was a bit shaken up as well.
This morning I have a black eye! Lovely.
My wrist is still sore and my ribs feel sore as well.
I think it is a take it easy day.
Happy Friday Gillybob and to all others, have a good day.