Gransnet forums

Chat

Who Knew?

(65 Posts)
janeainsworth Sat 28-Sep-19 13:24:05

That you can buy ‘flatulence-beating’ knickers?
https://www.myshreddies.com/
I’ve just seen some adverts in the loos at Killington Lake Services on the M6.

In my simple way, I thought it was advertising Shreddies the breakfast cereal, and that eating them would minimise flatulenceconfusedhmmgrin

Mamma66 Sun 29-Sep-19 15:06:49

I don’t know that I dare mention this but.... DH has a farting stance, proudly scores himself out of 10 or shouts “guess my dinner!” I cannot help but laugh (after all farts are funny). He also pretends to be the dog and apologises when the dog lets one go. He also does an hysterical impression of me when I accidentally trumped as I was walking across the bedroom. It has me in stitches every time...

Merryweather Sun 29-Sep-19 12:33:07

My darling OH drop one ever time he laughs, which makes me and the girls laugh. There’s many in between giggles too ?‍♂️?

petra Sun 29-Sep-19 11:42:27

When you clicked on the link did you see the 'filter fart' click that and there's a picture of a young woman bending over with a young man with his nose on her arse. Amusing, but slightly, mmmm, don't know ?

Marmight Sun 29-Sep-19 11:19:30

? Love this chat. I wonder if they make them for small boys and dogs?

Nannan2 Sun 29-Sep-19 11:17:12

Or either end!grinwink

Nannan2 Sun 29-Sep-19 11:16:35

These posts cheered me up no end!grin

Nannan2 Sun 29-Sep-19 11:15:15

gringringrin

GrandmaJan Sun 29-Sep-19 10:39:07

We stop at Cambridge Services when we visit my daughter and her family in Kent and the advert is on the inside of the toilet doors. Couldn’t believe at first they made such things. NotSpaghetti my DH asked the same question as your daughter. He said just say you’re asking for a friend grin

jenni123 Sun 29-Sep-19 10:22:46

At last, a post that made me laugh/smile. Most I read are depressing and I feel sorry for the poster.

BusterTank Sun 29-Sep-19 10:14:45

Let your wind to free , were ever you may be .

NotSpaghetti Sun 29-Sep-19 09:54:16

My daughter wants to know does it also deaden sound?
?

Can someone email the company to ask?...

Minerva Sun 29-Sep-19 09:51:30

This has been a really funny thread. My daughter wants to know does it also deaden sound?

I always know when my grandson’s glue ear is bad because he stops commenting/laughing at farts from his mum or me.

olliebeak Sun 29-Sep-19 09:33:25

I was out at a 'family gathering' yesterday evening, and as the evening progressed, the conversation turned to all our individual 'digestive issues' plus our medications and their effects on our digestive systems - what a 'windy lot' we've turned into .................. I'll send that link to everybody this morning wink.

Mind you, at those prices, I can't imagine anybody ordering very many of them - £75 for a pack of 5 ladies briefs confused.

TerriBull Sat 28-Sep-19 19:36:29

Well we know what to ask for Christmas now grin

EllanVannin Sat 28-Sep-19 18:35:11

You'd hear him before you saw him agnurse.

agnurse Sat 28-Sep-19 15:51:37

notspaghetti

Yup, because everyone just wants to drop his trousers in the middle of the high street and yell, "HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK AT MY KNICKERS!" Although I have to admit, if someone did that, he'd stand out from the crowd all right grin

kittylester Sat 28-Sep-19 15:47:51

Actually, I never tried the food- I distrust cheap pub grub but it was 10 years ago.

annodomini Sat 28-Sep-19 15:40:57

Having studied the prices, my instinct is to say. 'Let it go'. grin

EllanVannin Sat 28-Sep-19 15:18:49

Mushy peas a speciality----screw your hat on !

Squiffy Sat 28-Sep-19 15:10:18

It did legendary sunday lunches for £4.50!

Perhaps that led to the need for the f**ty knickers! wink

Day6 Sat 28-Sep-19 15:09:06

Funny thread. grin They'll be inventing knickers with squirty air-fresheners in them before long. Clench your thighs together to release a perfume.

OH has been known to, erm, drop one in the supermarket and rush off at breakneck speed with the trolley to the next aisle so he cannot be blamed for the small. I am often downwind of him and have sussed his moves. hmm

kittylester Sat 28-Sep-19 15:02:50

Dd3 worked there, not spaghetti when it was a pub. It did legendary sunday lunches for £4.50!

EllanVannin Sat 28-Sep-19 14:52:08

I bet he's trying out the underpants Kittylester. They need them ! deVol----cano.

NotSpaghetti Sat 28-Sep-19 14:41:01

That's interesting kittylester - I only recently realised it was a kitchen company.

It used to be owned by one of the Loughborough Art College lecturers... and then became a music venue and pub. I thought it had been turned into offices.

kittylester Sat 28-Sep-19 14:34:06

I think the man who owns deVol invented the knickers. It's just down the road from our house.