Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(43 Posts)
Beechnut Mon 30-Sep-19 06:57:29

Hello

netflixfan Mon 30-Sep-19 12:15:11

Good morning all from sunny Cheshire. I've only just woken up, awake in the early hours ☹️ with pain and tingling in hands and feet. Anyone else have this? So pottering for the rest of the day, good job I've got no other arrangements today!!

Mapleleaf Mon 30-Sep-19 09:38:47

Good morning all,
It's a bright sunny morning today - quite a contrast to yesterday.
Off to my coffee morning group now.
Enjoy your Monday, and to anyone feeling under the weather today, I hope you soon feel better. ??

vena11 Mon 30-Sep-19 09:17:39

Morning from a dry at the moment Bristol. Busy morning with the wee one . Happy Anniversary Mr Mrs Marydoll

dragonfly46 Mon 30-Sep-19 09:01:01

I hope both kitty and Lins get their roofs (rooves?) sorted out - I have a dread of water in the house.

Hope gilly and Mr gilly had a good night.

Sorry you are not feeling well beige.

dragonfly46 Mon 30-Sep-19 08:58:16

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Was caught on the hop this morning - forgot the man was coming to service the boiler. I was in the shower so answered the door in a towel - he didn't look too embarrassed!

Man coming to fit our glitzy new lights in the living room this afternoon - can't wait.
DH glued to the rugby!

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Mary Doll hope the kilt fitting goes well.

moggie Mon 30-Sep-19 08:56:26

Good morning from dry, bright start in Nottingham. Kitchen flooring done today. Visit Library & ironing. Congratulations mr & mrs marydoll
Hope your roof repairs are done soon kittylester & lins1066
Get well soon all feeling under the weather.
Hope your DH had a better night gillybob & you’re feeling well enough to cope with your busy week.

Anniebach Mon 30-Sep-19 08:51:41

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

oldgaijin Mon 30-Sep-19 08:43:04

Good morning from a brightish Aberdeenshire...the sun's coming out.

Scotland play Samoa today...hope it's as exciting as the Wales/Oz match! The mutt will get a brief whizz round the woodies this morning.

Also have to 'phone for test results to see if my iron is low...it may explain why I am so tired after the chemo.

Have a great day!

Beechnut Mon 30-Sep-19 08:41:19

Happy Anniversary Marydoll and Mr M. Congratulations on baby birth Susan56

Susan56 Mon 30-Sep-19 08:25:27

Good morning from Shropshire where the sun is making an appearance.
Awoken at 6 by a text from DD asking if I could go to DGD’s harvest festival so over the border into North Wales then hopefully a couple of hours with DD and new baby.Husband a bit miffed as he has physio this morning so feels he is massively missing out!
Happy anniversary to you and your husband Marydoll and good luck with the kilt fitting.
Hope you have a better day Greyduster ?and glad you are finally feeling better corner.Hope gilly and her husband have had a better night??
Thank you all for the continuing good wishes on the birth of Henry Jude.
Have a good day all.

Harris27 Mon 30-Sep-19 08:19:55

Happy anniversary marydoll and hubby! Have a lovely day. Back to work this morning won £30 on lottery this weekend but not enough to retire yet! Have a good day all.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 30-Sep-19 08:17:05

Morning all from a fairly bright south Notts. A dry night after yesterdays downpours.

Happy anniversary Marydolls.

Am lying low due to a bad cold, runny nose and temperature. Luckily I don't have to go anywhere.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Lins1066 Mon 30-Sep-19 08:14:52

Good Morning from the S Welsh coast.
Happy Anniversary * Marydoll and Mr M*, we celebrated our 42nd in July.
A flat roofer is due to come to repair our leaking flat roof today weather permitting, but having just heard the forecast I can't see him coming.

Hope your husband is better gilly.
Congratulations Susan
Greyd ??

Auntieflo Mon 30-Sep-19 08:12:40

Gosh, things move fast on here.
When I started to post, there were 18 messages, now there are about 28.
Must learn to type more quickly!

Auntieflo Mon 30-Sep-19 08:08:34

Morning Beechnut, Annie to come, and all others.
It's a bit grey and undecided here, still, I expect it will rain before too long.
Marydoll, Happy Anniversary, enjoy your 'peaceful' present, and Mr M will be delighted to hear that he won't have to have his inside leg measured at the tailors later on!
Our neighbour's baby still hasn't arrived yet.
Gillybob fingers crossed that MrG had a better night.
I am having a bits and pieces day, as tomorrow I go in for my op.
To all feeling poorly, gentle hugs, and have a good day one and all

Greyduster Mon 30-Sep-19 08:04:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire at the moment, but it will be very different this afternoon. I have had the most awful weekend and just want a quiet day today. School run this afternoon. Congratulations to Marydoll and Mr M ??. Have a good day folks.

GabriellaG54 Mon 30-Sep-19 08:02:33

Hi everyone ??
I believe Mick said he'd be back on 1st Oct but it's been a washout according to my daughter who lives in the City centre and works in Harrogate.
Today, it's dull and 10° with a high of 18° later, however, ?? is also forecast.
No run as buddy broke two fingers last night and is at A&E today but I might run this evening on my own as I have to be in Guildford this morning.
The plums bought on Saturday I made into a clafouti and boy...was it delicious ??
OH devoured most of it...with cream.
I think he had 3 helpings which never shows on his frame as he regularly runs, cycles and swims.
Luckily neither he nor I nor my AC like Christmas cake or pudding so I don't have the bother of making them, as many do at this time of year.
The good news this morning includes an expected 4% rise in the state pension next April, taking it to £175.35pw ??
Every little helps, as that is a reasonable £351 over a year, the trouble being that interest rates are so low, there is nowhere to put it to maximise income. I like my money to work hard.
Well, time for my first clear drink of the day (1st of 2 fasting days) which will be Oxo followed by a pint of water...thrilling ?? but I'll feel good.

Here's hoping everyone has an enjoyable day or at least one nice thing to look forward to this week and I must say I'm so pleased that Anniebach has reconnected with one of her sisters and Luckygirl has finally managed a well deserved and happy solution for both her husband and herself. ???
Take care ?

harrigran Mon 30-Sep-19 08:01:52

Good morning from a beautiful, sunny NE.
DD rang me from her home abroad yesterday and we had a long chat, a nice surprise as she leads a busy life with a lot of travelling.
DH has been busy with paperwork and I have watched rather a lot of TV this weekend but the weather was poor.
Happy anniversary to the Marydolls.

cornergran Mon 30-Sep-19 08:00:42

Morning All. Heavy sky over our corner of Somerset. Flood warnings here too with more heavy rain due. Anyone got an ark? Felt for mick yesterday. I’m happy as the lurgy is leaving, whoopee. Celebrating with coffee and lunch with a GN friend today postponed from last week. Truly need a sort and tidy but that can wait. Congratulations to Mr and Mrs marydoll, hope both lunch and subterfuge work well and Monday is kind to everyone.

Sar53 Mon 30-Sep-19 07:58:55

Sorry meant to say congratulations to Marydoll and her husband.

Sar53 Mon 30-Sep-19 07:58:05

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea. OH off to the doctors shortly to try and get an appointment for today. I have some food shopping to get, then housework and ironing. What an exciting life !!!

EllanVannin Mon 30-Sep-19 07:58:01

Good Morning All x
Damp everywhere but a bright morning with some red sky first thing-----red sky in the morning sailors ( shepherds ? ) warning, so not such a good omen.

More straightening out of the place but I still have my mountain of linen in the bedroom until the cupboard is painted in order to put it all back, since the tank was removed last Thursday. I'm so grateful for the central heating but I couldn't go through all that disruption again.

D will pay a visit today as she was working yesterday so couldn't make it.

I can hear a robin twittering---another sign of winter as he's around early but it's lovely to hear.I bet its little throat is going like the clappers. I love the bird-song.

Best wishes Mr and Mrs Marydoll enjoy the day ( peace )
To everyone else have a good start to the week.

Urmstongran Mon 30-Sep-19 07:58:00

Good morning everyone from a dry and bright South Manchester. The sky is streaked in apricot colours and looks very pretty. Commuters arriving across the road at the railway station for their morning trains into Manchester or on the other platform, Liverpool.

At least day 2 of the Conservative party conference will be dry. All the protesters yesterday afternoon got soaked in the deluge.

Happy anniversary to the Marydolls hope you both enjoy your lunch out.

Good luck sorting your hall roof today kitty - with all the rain recently it’ll be good to get it done, especially as winter is on its way.

Hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Pantglas2 Mon 30-Sep-19 07:53:24

Lovely blue sky in north Wales this morning folks and I’d like it to stay that way as we’re off out later. Happy anniversary Marydoll and mister - that’s a good innings!

Good day and good weather to all x

GrannyGravy13 Mon 30-Sep-19 07:46:50

Goodmorning all x

Congratulations Mr & Mrs marydoll

Not sure what the weathers like, curtains are closed!!

Not sure what we are doing today, think it's going to be a funny old day?