Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(53 Posts)
12Michael Tue 01-Oct-19 06:17:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looks wet here in Brackley this morning.
My break in Harrogate, it was an interesting week , with the weather having its fare share of control on races.
I spent most of my racing event time in a bus shelter despite it being uncomfortable over a long period and watched the world go by , spoke to many nations as well.
Mick

Anniebach Tue 01-Oct-19 08:54:49

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Urmstongran Tue 01-Oct-19 08:55:55

X posts gilly! I will read yours now. x

Urmstongran Tue 01-Oct-19 09:00:29

Oh no ?!! Too many awful things at once for your family gillybob and changing locks won’t be cheap. Hope you feel better soon. I’m assuming your husband is home? Don’t feel guilty, your own health is important - rest up and get well soon. x

harrigran Tue 01-Oct-19 09:10:13

Good morning from a grey soggy NE.
Yesterday I had a lot of back pain and struggled to get around, feels a little better this morning so hope I can function today.
Hope you can rest today gilly and knock whatever bug on the head. Your poor DH is suffering, I hope the hospital helped on Sunday.
This getting old lark is not for softies.

Brunette10 Tue 01-Oct-19 09:14:55

Oh Gillybob you are going through a rough time and not surprised you are feeling under the weather at all. Try and keep your chin up, you know we are all thinking of you. flowers

gillybob Tue 01-Oct-19 09:33:21

Thank you for your kind words everyone. I really hate feeling like this...as though I am giving in to something. Yes my DH had the usual procedure on Sunday and will feel okay for a few days as the pressure is relieved . Will no doubt be back towards the end of the week though.

Just had a text from my dad saying he isn’t feeling well (bad cough and chest too) so I am going to have to try and pull myself together soon to go and see to him. I will probably have to try and get him a few bits too which means I will be spreading my germs around a bit more. I need one of those masks . It’s times like these when you need a bigger family or at least a few r/l friends.

DS and DDiL are wondering “what next” having lost their much longed for holiday and now the car being broken into . Insurance company basically saying it was her own fault for leaving the house keys in the car so they will not cover the locks being changed. I’m not in the slightest bit surprised .

GrannyGravy13 Tue 01-Oct-19 09:38:38

gillybob I am sending you a virtual hug along with honey and hot lemon drink and a couple of paracetamol.

Please take care of yourself as you cannot help your family if you are poorly.

Let's hope that it can be onwards and upwards from now for you and your family flowers

dragonfly46 Tue 01-Oct-19 09:42:18

Good morning it has stopped raining for a while at least here in Leicestershire.

So sorry to hear of your troubles Gilly - gosh it never rains but it pours. Was your DH's trip to hospital planned or an emergency. I do hope they can sort him out before sending him home. I hope you too feel better soon - just not what you need at the moment.

I am going to GP today with a suspected infection so not feeling too grand.

MawB Tue 01-Oct-19 09:42:34

There have been quite a few significant (when is it not!) anniversaries recently, so for you all with my congratulations and wishes for many, many more :-

?It’s very special, even rare
To find the one you want to share
Your every moment, every hour
Whose love will blossom like a flower.
Whatever life throws in your way,
You know that you can share each day
The highs, the lows, the worst, the best
A love like yours is truly blessed. ?

dragonfly46 Tue 01-Oct-19 09:44:23

Sending you hugs and flowers Gilly

gillybob Tue 01-Oct-19 09:47:16

Oh he’s there (at least once) most weeks dragonfly . Not planned and not exactly an emergency either, more of a necessity that could easily turn into an emergency iyswim. confused

I hope your GP can sort your out with some antibiotics. You certainly don’t need an infection. You’ve been through enough. Take care .

gillybob Tue 01-Oct-19 09:49:36

A lovely poem MawB very poignant . Did you write it ?

I think maybe DH and I have lost our way a bit lately. Not so many blossoms and lots of prickly thorns.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 01-Oct-19 09:57:59

Morning all from a very wet south Notts.

Have the dreaded lurgy so am lying low for a while, coughing and spluttering with a temperature. Trivial, really.

Welcome back Mick. You've had such a rough time of it gillybob so I send my best wishes.

Hope all is well with everyone.

EllanVannin Tue 01-Oct-19 10:00:51

Good morning All x I did say " White Rabbits " early a.m.
Cloudy, dull but not too cold at present.

I had to have a quick wash and scurry out to the local shop for cat food. This becomes of not going to Asda last week to bulk buy.

Poor Gillybob, I honestly feel for you. When things go wrong you seem to get a flurry of them all at once and it makes you feel very down. I know you've got your men to consider and also the rest of the family but take it from me you must look after yourself too. It all gets you down so much.

At least I got some semblance of order in the living room yesterday and it took the best part of the day too but at least I was allowed a break when my step-D rang and kept me updated on the latest family celebrations. We have a jolly good chin-wag when we get going, she was on the phone for nearly an hour. I'll be seeing her sometime in the next week or two, she's more like a sister really.

Hope everyone's day goes as planned.
Mick, I think we had the wettest September on record.

vena11 Tue 01-Oct-19 10:17:59

flowers gillybob

whywhywhy Tue 01-Oct-19 10:21:06

Good morning from a grey Market Harborough. I'm still recovery from Achilles tendinitis in both ankles but I'm managing to drive now, thank goodness. I'm making lemon curd then going to bingo. Have a lovely day. X

Auntieflo Tue 01-Oct-19 10:23:06

Good morning Michael , welcome back from your soggy break. Hello Annie, and all others.
I am here in my hospital bed awaiting the time to go down for my op. I was fine, in my fetching hospital gown and my summer dressing gown, then it got very cold, so I am snuggled up in a cardigan and on the bed, with a blanket over me. Usually hospitals are so hot, that I didn't bother with a thicker dressing gown.
Gillybob, sorry to hear that you are 'poorly sick', and I wish you better soon, meanwhile take care and have lots of soothing honey and lemon drinks. Hot toddys are optional ?
Have a good day one and all.

MawB Tue 01-Oct-19 10:24:02

I did Gillybob blushblush

dragonfly46 Tue 01-Oct-19 10:29:23

I hope your op goes okay Auntieflo when I had my op we were all cold but realised it was because we had had nothing to eat or drink for hours. You soon warm up after the op.

gillybob Tue 01-Oct-19 10:30:26

Well you should be very proud MawB it’s lovely . smile

Legs55 Tue 01-Oct-19 10:41:22

Good morning all from wet Devon although the rain has stopped & there is some blue sky. I'm having a day at home as forecast was awful I dashed out yesterday so nothing to go out for, at least I'll save moneygrin

Good luck Auntieflo for your op flowers. flowers for all feeling "under the weather"

Urmstongran Tue 01-Oct-19 10:43:48

Hope your op goes well today Auntieflo x

vena11 Tue 01-Oct-19 11:10:53

[flowers }auntieflo

gillybob Tue 01-Oct-19 11:15:11

How selfish of me not to wish you well for today Auntieflo . I sincerely hope that your operation goes smoothly and that you will soon be on the road to recovery . flowers

moggie Tue 01-Oct-19 11:28:38

Good luck with your op Auntieflo.