Gransnet forums

Chat

The D. And D. Of Sussex In The News Again.

(601 Posts)
Calendargirl Wed 02-Oct-19 07:42:53

Looks like the Daily Mail is being sued by them regarding a private letter from the Duchess to her estranged father.

Who is behind the letter being shown to the paper? An unhappy member of their staff? Or Mr. Markle maybe?

Iam64 Tue 15-Oct-19 18:36:07

Oh merlotgran, I do enjoy your posts but will try and avoid the anti Meghan and Harry threads henceforth. (did you see that, I'm talking Dickens , which can only be because this is a Royal thread)

GrannyGravy13 Tue 15-Oct-19 18:35:13

Definitely "First Baby Syndrome" very similar to "Grandma Syndrome"

Gonegirl Tue 15-Oct-19 18:02:01

Yep! I've noticed that. First baby syndrome?

merlotgran Tue 15-Oct-19 17:57:43

Have you noticed how Harry and Meghan have a rather strange way of holding Archie? They protect his head as though it's likely to fall off but he's five months old now and will be supporting his own head.

NotSpaghetti Tue 15-Oct-19 17:50:48

Some of us chose not to have scans in the 1970s, 80s and 90s - and some who did have scans chose (or weren't given the option) to not find out if it was a boy or a girl.

Anniebach Sat 12-Oct-19 17:10:34

Sparkle do not try to ‘pull me ‘, .

I do not ‘pick on you’ I reply to your posts.

Sparklefizz Sat 12-Oct-19 16:59:02

What nonsense you talk Annie.

You keep making assumptions about me and I've pulled you up on it before. I do not refuse to accept Diana told any lies. Please don't speak to me like you have above. I do not think she was a saint. Please don't keep accusing me of these things just because I am showing her compassion. I would show this compassion to anyone. She had an eating disorder, she was mentally unwell, I think we should be kind.

I don't expect you are perfect either, Annie. You may well have caused hurt or been self centred. I'm sure we all have at some time in our lives.

Prince Charles is very self centred and has caused a lot of hurt, so has Camilla - I don't know why you keep singling out Diana and being so judgmental - or why you keep picking on me.

Anniebach Sat 12-Oct-19 16:18:34

Because I quote her it doesn’t mean I think she is speaking the truth .

I don’t believe she threw herself down the stairs, I quoted it because of her claims she kept the scan a secret.

She told so many lies, you Sparkle refuse to accept she did.

She said , on tape, her family didn’t support her after the divorce, they didn’t love her, yet her one sister acted as lady in waiting for a while after the divorce.

I really don’t understand how all the hurt she caused people is
excused , she was very self centred .

Sparklefizz Sat 12-Oct-19 15:59:55

But I thought you said that nothing Diana said could be believed?

Anniebach Sat 12-Oct-19 15:36:13

She said she did Sparkle not newspaper reports . her book .

I doubt she did but I posted it because it was she not the newspapers said it, the newspapers then wrote about it after her book was released.

Sparklefizz Sat 12-Oct-19 15:26:23

Sorry Annie, I'm back because I forgot to say that I don't believe Diana did throw herself down the stairs during her pregnancy. Were you there, or are you just believing what you heard from the media?

Anniebach Sat 12-Oct-19 15:20:38

Thank you Sparkle

Sparklefizz Sat 12-Oct-19 15:19:22

I knew you wouldn't believe it Annie, but as you were persisting for days in wondering about scans/sex of baby, I thought I'd help you out.

I'm out of here now.

Anniebach Sat 12-Oct-19 14:58:54

Considering she threw herself down the stairs during her first
pregnancy I am surprised she was able to keep medical records a secret on the second pregnancy.

I cannot recall one member of the Spencer family speaking to the press during or after the marriage.

notanan2 Sat 12-Oct-19 14:30:55

Even HER versions dont paint her well

She deliberately let him think he might be having a girl when she knew he wasnt???

Anniebach Sat 12-Oct-19 13:56:50

Do not believe her sorry. She said - he said, she said - her mother said.

Sparklefizz Sat 12-Oct-19 13:37:25

I can't find the Telegraph article now but this one says much the same thing.
www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/first-comment-prince-charles-harry-10955987

Sparklefizz Sat 12-Oct-19 13:34:50

I read in The Telegraph that Diana knew she was having a son but that she didn't tell Charles (who presumably didn't accompany her to the scan) because she knew how much he wanted a daughter, and she thought that once he saw his lovely baby boy he would relent..... but apparently he didn't, because Diana's mother later said that he even brought up the subject on the day of Harry's Christening which she thought was insensitive.

Anniebach Fri 11-Oct-19 21:23:47

I am sure they would have relented and possibly the scans could have been carried out at a late date

Iam64 Fri 11-Oct-19 21:18:31

Two of my adult children were born the same years as William and Harry. I had endless scans with the older one because of complications. Our hospital policy at that time was to refuse to tell you whether you were having a boy or a girl. I expect if I'd be in the RF they may have relented.

Anniebach Fri 11-Oct-19 20:30:27

Ok GrannyGravy

GrannyGravy13 Fri 11-Oct-19 20:18:03

Anniebach neither did we due to “complications”

Anniebach Fri 11-Oct-19 20:15:45

The royals don’t do NHS, I doubt they abide by NHS

GrannyGravy13 Fri 11-Oct-19 20:04:11

Two of our children’s ages are between the princes and scans were not as accurate as they are nowadays

Anniebach Fri 11-Oct-19 19:58:05

So Charles didn’t know the sex of the baby before it was born!