Gransnet forums

Chat

HEARING AIDS

(8 Posts)
Lisagran Sat 05-Oct-19 21:34:39

Sounds as if you might need your ears syringed? (To be blocking the aid so soon)

Luckygirl Sat 05-Oct-19 21:29:55

There's no need to SHOUT! - I have my hearing aids in!!! grin

Glad you sorted the problem. But I am quite surprised that the tube needed cleaning so soon - I go weeks without cleaning mine and they are very definitely working.

Brunette10 Sat 05-Oct-19 21:25:27

Thank you all for your comments. DH went onto YouTube and found that it was needing a clean out. I did not receive anything apart from hearing aid and batteries so DH managed to do the necessary and I can now hear once again. smile. thank you you for your help it was much appreciated.

joannapiano Sat 05-Oct-19 19:05:57

DH says Have you changed the filter? He also says if you take the aid out and hold it in a clenched fist you should get a high-pitched whistle. (Feed back)
Also, have you inadvertently turned the volume switch right down?

Brunette10 Sat 05-Oct-19 18:56:47

Battery in correctly. Nothing else but hearing aid. I shall persevere smile Thank you.

grannysyb Sat 05-Oct-19 18:09:06

Sometimes the little tube gets blocked, did they give you a little piece of blue plastic to push down it?

Izabella Sat 05-Oct-19 18:05:02

have you replaced the battery correctly?

Brunette10 Sat 05-Oct-19 17:23:30

Can anyone help please? I started wearing a hearing aid just this week and up until now it's been fine. However today it just went dead. I was told when the battery was done it would make a sound, I hadn't heard it I have to say but since nothing was happening I put a new battery in, still nothing. I don't know if I've done something to the aid itself although I'm not aware that I have. Can anyone offer any advice please?