Gransnet forums

Chat

Chosen one again

(38 Posts)
BlueBelle Wed 09-Oct-19 06:31:40

I ve had another ‘hi shall we chat’ personal message this morning whose joining me or am I THE one this time
???

Missfoodlove Wed 09-Oct-19 06:53:50

Well I’m sure Morgan Thomas is a charming man. Possibly military, wife tragically died leaving him to bring up his two sons.
He is now semi retired, his wonderful boys are at university and he has fallen in love with me!
He is currently working as consultant for a large oil company in Azerbaijan and is desperate to meet me in London.
The hotel is booked, his shoes polished and his lucky pants all pressed but poor man has had his bank card stolen!!!
He doesn’t want to cancel the trip so I’m going to wire the money over to his account and he will refund the money as soon as he meets me in London. ???

kittylester Wed 09-Oct-19 06:54:30

I had an email from a name I dont recognise this morning. It seemed innocuous.

NannyJan53 Wed 09-Oct-19 07:30:03

Missfoodlove don't do it grin grin grin

Marydoll Wed 09-Oct-19 07:32:28

Well, I'm miffed to say the least! I didn't get one this time. sad

dragonfly46 Wed 09-Oct-19 07:36:55

Nope me neither!

Grammaretto Wed 09-Oct-19 07:42:38

Nor me.shock

Missfoodlove Wed 09-Oct-19 07:45:28

NannyJan, I was tempted to lead him on for a while on the basis that whilst I was being groomed he had less time to scam someone else.
Astonishing that there are people that really think this is “innocuos”

Marydoll Wed 09-Oct-19 07:49:07

I wonder if Morgan Thomas, Will and that other one who has been messaging, are actually the same person.
GN should be looking into this.

As I have said before, I worry that these scammers will eventually take in some lonely and vulnerable member, who is not as savvy as us,

angelic Wed 09-Oct-19 07:59:58

I received this in June
Hello dear,
My name is Frank
How are you doing today?
I would like to learn more about you.

Very creepy and un-nerving, reported it to HQ

kittylester Wed 09-Oct-19 08:24:55

missfoodlove, if you are referring to my post about seeming innocuous- I wasnt serious.

I am slightly baffled by how a post can be creepy and unnerving. I hope you also blocked him angelic.

I agree about people being taken in, marydoll but I just think it is mildly amusing.

ninathenana Wed 09-Oct-19 08:48:01

Nobody loves me sad

kittylester Wed 09-Oct-19 10:02:48

I do nina, shall I pm you? gringrin (The emojis are for avoidance of doubt!)

glammanana Wed 09-Oct-19 10:36:02

I'm feeling left out no one has messaged me lately.

Chestnut Wed 09-Oct-19 10:49:21

Are these people who are contacting GN posters? This is all new to me. If so, then they are probably targeting the female sounding names. I generally pick a gender neutral name for forums (and no, I'm not a gender neutral person!).

Marydoll Wed 09-Oct-19 11:00:19

It's been going on for ages, then there is a lull and it starts up again. Nasty people!
I just block them and report, but some may feel uneasy about them or flattered and fall for the charming patter.

trisher Wed 09-Oct-19 11:07:25

I've never had one! What's wrong with me? Is this another clique on GN and why can't I join???? (Still not getting messages if people pm me anyway so it's all a waste of time) grin

H1954 Wed 09-Oct-19 11:08:12

No, I missed out again too.........fortunately! But I like the idea of stringing a scammer along and letting them believe that you're gullible in an effort to distract them from targeting someone else! ?

Chestnut Wed 09-Oct-19 11:09:42

Well I haven't been on GN long but have never been contacted once, so they must be looking for feminine names.

ninathenana Wed 09-Oct-19 11:10:43

kitty smilesmile

SueDonim Wed 09-Oct-19 11:10:44

I'm the one feeling left out today! grin

kittylester Wed 09-Oct-19 12:09:41

I've been on gn since almost the beginning and I've only had one - they must be scraping the barrel.

MawB Wed 09-Oct-19 12:10:37

Could “the chosen ones” stop showing off please?
In consolation to those of who remain “unchosen” all I can say is he doesn’t know what he is missing!

MawB Wed 09-Oct-19 12:13:29

I received this in June
Hello dear,
My name is Frank
How are you doing today ^?
I would like to learn more about you
???????????
Oh wow!
Does anybody else remember Frank? And the single sex (or was it mixed) aerobics? And dear little Andy?

lemongrove Wed 09-Oct-19 12:18:05

I will join you in the no love letter corner trisher grin
Are you still not getting any pms at all? I will send you one to say hello, let me know if you get it.