Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(58 Posts)
12Michael Sun 13-Oct-19 06:11:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark , but its raining here in Brackley this morning.
Today, after my short stay in MK yesterday , going on the bus both ways.
Today, I have booked at a pub in Banbury for a Sunday roast, but my visit to the town is due to a 100th anniversary of the local bus garage , they will be having some vintage "Midland Red" buses on display and also giving rides.
Mick

Mapleleaf Sun 13-Oct-19 16:23:50

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm sorry to read that so many of you are feeling sad and/or worried today, and hope that as the day progresses you will feel a little better.

gillybob I'm sorry to read that your DH is so poorly and hope that the op goes well and that you get the help and support you need at the moment.

Welcome, giulia. I think that you will find this thread a friendly and supportive one.

The weather has been and continues to be wet, grey and miserable here. We popped out for a light lunch of soup to a nearby garden centre who produce lovely home cooked fare at a very reasonable cost. We will be a having a chicken dish that I saw on the tv this week for dinner. It looked very tasty. I'll let you know how it was tomorrow.

Goodness, giulia, wild boar roaming the streets of Rome? It sounds as if the city is having a few problems!

Take care, all.

giulia Sun 13-Oct-19 14:29:03

I would like to thank so many of you for your warm welcomes.

Am sorry that some of you seem to be in the wars and are having a hard time at the moment. My best wishes to you in your time of trouble.

To those of you who love Italy, may I suggest that you AVOID Rome itself for the time being. With the abysmal ongoing administration, the city is an absolute mess: piles of rubbish, roads full of potholes, underground lines closed down. There are even wild boar wandering the streets now. Saw a hilarious video of a sow crossing a main road with all her babies in line behind her and on the ZEBRA CROSSING too! More orderly than the Romans themselves!

GabriellaG54 Sun 13-Oct-19 12:51:51

Wrote a 'sorry' note and lost it...
Forgot my manners, wanted to send best wishes to Gillybob, Marydoll, dragonfly and everyone struggling with health issues, ill relatives and 1001 other problems which lie on the shoulders of many GNers.
I do admire your stoicism and attempts to keep home life on an even keel. You are the unsung heroes who stoke the fires and keep a welcome light in the window through good times and bad.
Your quiet acts are far more impressive than full page ads and are not unnoticed by those of us who have few, if any, problems,
I take my hat off to GNers everywhere. smileflowers

Feelingmyage55 Sun 13-Oct-19 12:22:32

marydoll good wishes and hope you have got your feet up. Think of NY.

GabriellaG54 Sun 13-Oct-19 12:19:21

giulia
Hi and welcome.
I've been to 5 games in Italy...many years ago I might add.
Met Adrian Mutu.
Lots of fun but not when the police met the fan train and penned us into a disused yard until the home team were in the gates.
Mind you, they were quite friendly, laughing and joking and handing out cigarettes.
That probably doesn't happen nowadays.
Italy, my favourite foreign country, especially Sardinia and the coastal drive down to Capri.

Feelingmyage55 Sun 13-Oct-19 12:09:15

Just in and catching up. ?gillybob and annie prayers for you both.

whywhywhy Sun 13-Oct-19 11:57:16

Good morning everyone! It is very wet here in the Market Harborough area. I'm doing some glass painting today which I have just started to do and I love it. My idea is to do some vases and hopefully box them and send them away as presents. Great plans - I'll post a photo or two later. Have a lovely day! x

sarahellenwhitney Sun 13-Oct-19 11:53:06

BlueSapphire
Northamptonshire born and bred now long moved from that county knowing Northampton beat Leicester has made my, what looks to be a wet and windy Cornwall, day.

TrendyNannie6 Sun 13-Oct-19 11:30:09

Good morning everyone a soggy day in Cambridgeshire day in watching the tele for me

Auntieflo Sun 13-Oct-19 10:58:18

Good morning Michael, and dear Annie. Please don't be in despair, come and pour your heart out, and we will listen.
Gillybob, miracles sometimes do happen, we are all hoping for one for your DH. My prayers and thoughts to you, as ever.
There are so many of us needing a bit of a helping hand, so, to all of you, love, prayers and gentle hugs.
I get emotional thinking about the tough times that folk go through.
So, enjoy your day one and all, and take it gently.

Destin Sun 13-Oct-19 10:21:01

Good morning everyone - I’m at a Heathrow airport hotel having breakfast after a good and comfortable sleep. I’m heading home and back to my husband in Toronto later today after a wonderful month long solo trip to Italy, Switzerland, Cornwall and London. So many pics and memories and chance to catch up with family and friends over these past few days which have been spent in the Essex countryside. I’m sitting here thinking about all the amazing experiences, the fun of discovering new friends, and I’ve also taken this opportunity to dig a little deeper and learn more about myself - who I am and what’s important to me. All is well in my world - so I’m ready to to get back home again and into my daily routine again over the other side of the pond!

GrannyGravy13 Sun 13-Oct-19 10:20:43

gillybob thinking of you and your DH, please remember to take care of yourself as so many of your family rely on.

Annie xxxxx

Grey here in SE Essex, nothing much on today, just lots of list writing as it is getting increasingly busy in "GravyGrange"!!

Roast chicken and all the trimmings for dinner....yummy!!

dragonfly46 Sun 13-Oct-19 10:16:35

annie and gilly flowers

vena11 Sun 13-Oct-19 10:05:01

Good morning from a very wet Bristol.
So sorry to hear Gillybob annie that you are both feeling stressed with worry I will be thinking of you both and hope things get better, sending hugs.
Not much on for me today I hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Urmstongran Sun 13-Oct-19 10:03:15

Big hugs to gillybob and Annie. xx

Greyduster Sun 13-Oct-19 09:56:31

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is raining here in South Yorkshire. We have backed away from junior footie as it entails a run up the M1, a scary roundabout and getting wet. I was awakened at six o’clock this morning by a WhatsApp from my first born who sent me a photo from Crete of a v.large spider he found outside his hotel room door! He needs to be reminded of the time difference! Welcome Guilia - we are never anything but gentle here. Bore da, Annie; what’s up lass? Hope the day gets better for you. To all, have the best Sunday you can and be gentle with yourselves.

Sprout Sun 13-Oct-19 09:52:21

Gillybob you have all my heart felt good wishes I was in the same potion 2yrs ago

grannytotwins Sun 13-Oct-19 09:51:04

Good morning all! I’m on my way to do my first Dan black belt in kickboxing Part 1. Part 2 next Sunday. At 70 next month, I’m 30 years plus older than the other women. I’m scared stiff. I hope I pass. I’ve had skin cancer, a pre cancerous appendix and a mini stroke on my three year journey to this day. I hope I survive!

Sprout Sun 13-Oct-19 09:46:42

Morning Mick and all. I am glad to read you are enjoying your life. I move house today so will be hectic. I hope everyone is well and those suffering at the moment hope things improve quickly.

Urmstongran Sun 13-Oct-19 09:34:35

Oops! It’s Sunday - I was up too early obviously!
?

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 13-Oct-19 09:32:01

Good morning from east London, bit dull here although rain has stopped and it’s quite mild. Did mean to go shopping today but as DP is heading to Southend to see his brother, I’m off there instead. Just did a quick stock case of my pantry aka the dining room and have got 10 cans of chopped tomatoes; must be my comfort cushion. Have a good day and hope any troubles, illness and bits of aggravation ease up a bit.

Marydoll Sun 13-Oct-19 09:30:36

For Annie, prayers and hugs.

Marydoll Sun 13-Oct-19 09:28:47

Gilly, I'm so sad to read of your situation. All we offer here is our love and support for you. ?

annsixty Sun 13-Oct-19 09:21:29

Good morning all from a very wet Stockport.
Just popped in to send warmest good wishes to gillybob and annie, both feeling so sad and lonely.
You are both in a hard place.
Best wishes also to Marydoll and anyone else under par.

moggie Sun 13-Oct-19 09:18:50

Thinking of you Annie ?