Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(59 Posts)
12Michael Mon 14-Oct-19 06:06:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but it looks dry at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
Might nip into Banbury on the bus and pay for a Xmas Market trip to Gloucester late next month.
Basically a quiet day in.
Mick

Susan56 Mon 14-Oct-19 16:18:59

I keep popping in hoping for news from Gilly too.
Sending more love Gilly.x

Urmstongran Mon 14-Oct-19 15:48:21

Me too Marydoll which is why I popped back on here, to see if there was any new.

Hello newbies - you are both very welcome.
?

Marydoll Mon 14-Oct-19 15:37:56

Welcome Megs36 and flowerlover to this lovely gentle and supportive thread.
Only a few of us have met personally at meetups, the rest we have gotten to know by contributing to the thread.

I keep dipping in, in the hope of news from Gilly and her husband, I can't stop thinking about her situation.

NanKate Mon 14-Oct-19 14:24:10

All your Good Morning pals are here for you Gillybob ?

GrannySomerset Mon 14-Oct-19 14:13:51

Also thinking of Gilly and hoping she is getting some of the support she so freely provides to others.

flowerlover Mon 14-Oct-19 11:48:59

I have never contributed to this thread before but read it daily and feel a connection with to all. I am sending you virtual support Gillybob from across the Irish Sea.

Megs36 Mon 14-Oct-19 11:22:46

Very best wishes to all of you with family and health worries, I guess many of you know each other personally so can't really know about theseproblems. However I add my thoughts .??

Auntieflo Mon 14-Oct-19 11:12:23

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.

Was so glad to hear that Gillybob's DH, has had his operation, and hope that it was the one so badly needed for a long time. You have been on my mind, and I can only add to what has already been said. We are all here for you, if not in body, definitely in spirit. Sending love and prayers for his speedy recovery. Are your family helping, especially with your dad?
Glad to hear that Marydoll is obeying orders, for once, and that she can supervise the kitchen, by voice!

To all those who are struggling with health problems, or are feeling down, I send gentle best wishes for a solution.

Love to one and all, and have a good day.

giulia Mon 14-Oct-19 10:53:10

MaryDoll You inspired me with your salmon fishcakes. Didn't want to trouble you by asking for details so looked them up on the Internet. Do you recommend the BBC recipe? Sounds good and am raring to go. Not sure about the addition of ketchup though.

The birthday party of my five-year-old grandson went very happily yesterday. He had us all gobsmacked at one moment though when he announced, quite out of the blue, that when he grows up he wants to be a nun!

WOODMOUSE49 Mon 14-Oct-19 10:16:17

Hope you're visit has brought some solace Gillybob

Grey day in mid Cornwall. Coffee then walk the dog (Mya). Wellies and waterproof needed. Only drizzle but walking through the wood is very muddy etc.

Hoping for news from daughter. She's waiting for exchange of contract date. Hopes to move to her flat a week on Friday. Just separated from partner after 20 years. Love her dearly and wish she wasn't so far away. Phone call on the cards to night.

Ginny42 Mon 14-Oct-19 10:14:56

Popped in to send good wishes to Gillybob and her DH. I've found it's not so lonely when GN friends are supporting me, so I hope it helps you know that you are in our thoughts today.

Marydoll I'm glad you're following the medic's advice. Take good care of yourself.

I'm dealing with a different kind of problem with family trauma. Due to fly home Wednesday and glad to be leaving in one sense, but leaving my DD to cope will be sad. I can't tell you how much PMs from GN friends have helped me. You know who you are and how you've kept me strong. Thank you so much. xx

Susan56 Mon 14-Oct-19 09:53:40

Gillybob?Sending my love,hugs,strength and support to you.As others have said,we are all here for you,to listen,offer support and to let you rant if need be.I wish I lived closer and could offer practical support.
Hope that the news from the hospital is good today.x

vena11 Mon 14-Oct-19 09:46:45

gillybobflowers

Nortsat46 Mon 14-Oct-19 09:18:20

Just adding my support and good thoughts to gillybob.
Best wishes to Marydoll for a restful day and a tasty supper of fish cakes.
Happy Anniversary to harrigran and congratulations on 52 years together ?

It's grey and wet in our part of east London. Tesco grocery delivery this morning and then a walk, which is likely to be a wet one!
Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Mon 14-Oct-19 09:13:31

Gillybob flowers

MawB Mon 14-Oct-19 09:10:33

Harrigran I hope you are nevertheless celebrating in your hearts that despite the vicissitudes of life, the health ups and downs (to put it mildly) and the joys and sorrows of the last 52 years, you are nevertheless together, stronger for being with each other, and a focus for the love of your family flowers

Urmstongran Mon 14-Oct-19 09:08:51

Your message too kitty it brought a lump to my throat.
x

Urmstongran Mon 14-Oct-19 09:07:24

gillybob I’d just like to second what Maw has said - it was spot on.
x

GrannyGravy13 Mon 14-Oct-19 09:06:40

Goodmorning all x

Thinking of you gillybob ???

Hope you are all going to behave and obey doctors orders!!

Wet and dull here in S E Essex, I really have to get myself organised.

Have a good Monday x

harrigran Mon 14-Oct-19 09:05:42

Good morning from a grey NE.
It is our 52nd wedding anniversary but we are not celebrating as we are on standby for childcare and it is also the anniversary of a dear friend who died aged 50.
Happy birthday Wolfie, the last year has flown by.

I have been thinking of you all weekend gilly, relieved to hear that action has been taken. A big {{hug}}

Mapleleaf Mon 14-Oct-19 09:01:41

Good morning,

It's a grey, but so far dry, morning here. I'm going out later to my coffee morning group.

Sending you hugs and ? gillybob. I sincerely hope you are getting some family support.

Marydoll, I hope that as each day passes you feel that bit stronger. I'm sure your DH will produce lovely salmon fish cakes under your excellent tutelage!

I agree with other posters kitty, it doesn't seem a year ago that you announced Wolfie's arrival. Enjoy his special day. ?

To all feeling sad, worried or unwell today, I hope today brings you some comfort.

moggie Mon 14-Oct-19 09:01:24

Good morning Mick & all from dry, grey Nottingham. Catch up on chores today.
Hugs & best wishes gillybob thinking of you & your DH.
Keep resting marydoll
Hope all not well or struggling are better soon.
Have a good day everyone.

Anniebach Mon 14-Oct-19 09:00:26

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

gilly, I send much love

Hope everyone has a good day x

dragonfly46 Mon 14-Oct-19 08:57:50

Wishing you all the best gilly will be thinking of you.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 14-Oct-19 08:54:19

Good morning from east London, where it’s wet. Not holding out much hope of tennis at lunchtime; our dome, bit like a plastic poly tunnel, have been up by now but the installers seem to have busy diaries and the weather is never right. Instead of sitting reading with my cup of tea this morning, I’ve decided to be busy and made granola and have a chilli bread dough mixing in the bread maker. School pick up later and taking GD for her swimming lesson, after which part of the evening will involve a homework ‘discussion’; it’s supposed to be done at the weekend.. Have a good day.