Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Mon 21-Oct-19 06:09:08

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its been raining overnight here in Brackley.
Quiet day, laundry , clean up ,and general tidy today.
Visit Banbury early I want to get "Yesterday" DVD.
Mick

Harris27 Mon 21-Oct-19 18:31:48

Look after yourself gilly you need time to reflect and catch your breath. Take care love n hugs. X

GabriellaG54 Mon 21-Oct-19 17:40:19

Someone could surely do an online food order for your father...gosh! I wish I lived nearer to help out.
The thought of a GN flying squad is appealing.

GabriellaG54 Mon 21-Oct-19 17:27:32

Hi everyone :-)
I don't actually feel smiley, I feel :@ as JL kept me waiting on the phone for 2. X 35 minutes today.
All the blab about data protection etc etc then waiting waiting...
The mobile I'm using is useless and in order to order a new phone online it took 80 minutes. as the website kept cutting out.
I managed in the end and I'll be smiling again tomorrow.
Anyway, I had a good run this morning then exercised with 2kg weights and had a spinach and 3 egg omelette for breakfast with a slice of wholewheat and rye toast.
Not done much besides some phone calls and getting annoyed with this mobile but I did have coffee this afternoon with a friend, which was very nice as we hadn't met up for a few weeks.
Tomorrow I need to book tickets for Yvonne Arnaud theatre in Guildford which is a surprise for a friend who's had a recent birthday abroad.
There will be 5 of us and we'll have a booked dinner first so it will be an opportunity to dress up.
I'm hoping that Marydoll's meds are having a positive effect on her health, likewise all other GNers who've recently had ops,?been unwell or feeling under the weather. flowersflowers
To Gillybob, my warmest good wishes and hopes for your husband's recovery and your own wellbeing. Do look after yourself. shamrockflowers
To everyone else, whether struggling with other problems or lucky enough not to have any, we all live under the same sky and hopefully try to do our best, day in day out.
Let's be nice to each other as we never know what's around the corner.
Have a great evening and importantly, keep warm. smile

JenniferEccles Mon 21-Oct-19 16:48:30

gillybob what a tough time you are having. It must be so hard for you to see your poor husband in a coma, but the doctors must feel it is best for his eventual recovery.

With regard to your work, although I am sure the nurses meant well in telling you not to worry about it I can fully understand why you are. It's your own business, yours and your husband's livelihood so it is bound to be a concern for you.

I can't help wondering if there are companies or agencies which might be able to put a manager into your business, someone who is experienced in your particular line of work? Someone who could keep things ticking over for you, handling orders etc ? Alternatively is one of the 'lads' senior enough to take over temporarily?

I'm sure your situation crops up all the time in small businesses (which I believe yours is) where the owner is ill and unable to run things, so there must be people out there, able to help.

Sorry if I am being naïve Gilly. I don't have any personal experience of running a business, but as I said, your situation can't be unique.

Obviously your first concern is your husband, but if work was being adequately taken care of, then it would be one less worry for you, wouldn't it?

All the best to you both.

Brunette10 Mon 21-Oct-19 15:17:14

Thinking of you gilly I agree with others your DH is priority at the moment don't worry about anyone/anything else. Try and keep your strength up. Sending hugs.

Feelingmyage55 Mon 21-Oct-19 13:53:19

gillybob. Your DH has to be your priority and you cannot/must not spread yourself any thinner. Your AC will have to lean on one another and call in help from their friends and colleagues. I hope that everyone can pull together. Please don’t forget to eat and drink plenty. Hospitals are so warm this can give you a headache if you don’t drink more than usual. Ask the staff for a comfy chair, if they haven’t already given you one, so that you can sit and snooze while holding your DH’s hand. Thinking of you both.

Mapleleaf Mon 21-Oct-19 13:37:52

No, gillybob, you are not selfish - far from it. At the moment though, your priority is your DH and yourself. Yes, it is difficult for your family, but I agree with all that Maw has written. Take care. ?

Cherrytree59 Mon 21-Oct-19 12:04:40

Gilly hugs.
Thank you so much for your updates.

It sounds as though your DH is in wonderful hands.

You are not selfish.
You are beside your man, he needs you there, he needs to hear your voice.
Your family will do what needs to be done and hopefully your workers are carrying as best they can.
Try and look after yourself, eat when you can.
You will need all your strength to get through this extremely difficult time.
Love and best wishes xxx

Auntieflo Mon 21-Oct-19 11:21:50

?‍♀️*Dragonfly*, I can't take the credit for the Flying Squad, that was Pittcity., but thanks anyway. ?. ?‍♂️

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 21-Oct-19 11:08:15

Good morning from Bridlington, could say I’ve been waiting for the sun to shine to post, which it is now, but find living in a house with lots of people very distracting. Collecting DD from station at lunchtime, youngest DN arrived yesterday so now we are complete for a couple of days. I’m on curry duty tonight, DN says I make the best curry so how can I resist. Am going to try to get the young girls down to the beach for a runaround, there’s a limit as to how much harm they can do with chocolate spread down there (‘painted’ DN1’s bathroom wall with it yesterday). Hope you have the best day you can.

whywhywhy Mon 21-Oct-19 10:47:42

Sending love and hugs to Gillybob. Xx

Lona Mon 21-Oct-19 10:35:24

gillyI totally agree with MawB, but I know it's hard. flowers

MawB Mon 21-Oct-19 10:19:20

Gillybob - stop
You are in the right place, doing exactly the right thing and while there are repercussions for others, these are exceptional times -and need exceptional responses.
Someone else can do the shopping for your dad, he will understand.
You simply cannot help out with little Evie and sadly, while there will be loss of income for your son and daughter - but their dad is seriously ill andI would hope their employers were at the very least, sympathetic.
Isn’t it sad when preoccupations with e.g. work cause us guilt when family must come first?
Guilt should not raise its head anywhere when the chips are down, - focus on your DH and on trying to take what rest you can.
Thinking of you xx

NanKate Mon 21-Oct-19 10:14:49

The last thing you are is selfish Gillybob.

Thanks folks for the good wishes. My DGS is only 6 and is a regular attendee in hospital. He keeps the wrist bands on for ages as a badge of honour. He never moans, can be quite a handful for the nurses and us but I love him to bits. When my DH sent me an update the little lad said he wanted to send me some emojis I got a heart, sunglasses, teddy bear and a handbag, make of that what you will. ?

EllanVannin Mon 21-Oct-19 10:14:25

This is just it, Dragonfly---feeling helpless behind a screen. I do at times.

dragonfly46 Mon 21-Oct-19 10:11:50

What a great idea AuntieFlo - a GN flying squad. I often felt when Panache was having so many problems it would be great if we could have all turned up and helped.

Lins1066 Mon 21-Oct-19 10:06:48

Selfish isn't a word anyone would apply to you gilly
I can only echo what others have already said and that it is time for your sister to he your Dad.
I hope that the correct antibiotic is found soon. And no, I'm sure that they don't 'get' your work situation but they can see the toll it is taking on you.

NanKate so glad that your GS is better now, what a worry for you.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 21-Oct-19 10:03:46

Morning all from a cold and overcast South Notts. Not a great deal planned today but I must catch up on the chores.
My best wishes to gillybob and all those with worries.

kittylester Mon 21-Oct-19 09:58:26

More ((((hugs)))), gilly. Not much else we can do to help but know we are all here with you.

Yiayia4 Mon 21-Oct-19 09:56:06

Morning Mick and everyone,Gilly your amazing keep your strength up for yourself and DH,your family will cope.
Sending love and healing thoughts.

EllanVannin Mon 21-Oct-19 09:54:32

Good Morning All x
A dry sunny and breezy start here in the NW, but pleasant enough if a little cooler.

Not the best of nights with a " toothache-like " pain in my arm which I couldn't get comfortable with as I kept flicking it out of the bedclothes in different directions. I didn't have the sense to get up and take a couple of paracetamols. I suppose I thought it would settle ! A touch of rheumatism I suspect.

Still, it's nothing compared to Gillybobs worries, though if it's any consolation my GD went through all that 2 years ago with her ex-partner after he'd been diagnosed with Lymphoma and he was in an induced coma for over 2 weeks with a thousand and one things going awry then stem-cell treatment when he was well enough.
He has 6 monthly checks and is doing alright. He'd spent 6 months in hospital----------so miracles do happen, never ever give up. 2 years on he's so much better.

I say " ex " as because he's the father of my GD's 7 children, he was quite paranoid about catching infections from the children so he went back to living with his father. There's still contact however----but only if the children are cough/cold-free !

Take/accept each day as it comes Gilly your DH is in the best place so make sure that you are too by looking after yourself x Don't ever think or imagine that you're being selfish. There's nothing selfish in focussing on your DH who is the one who needs you right now.

My best wishes to all who find themselves under the weather but whatever you do enjoy the day in this new week.

Marydoll Mon 21-Oct-19 09:53:13

So sad to read Gilly's post. What a terrible time for you. You are selfless, not selfish!

Time for your sister to take responsibility for helping your dad, Gilly, you can't do it all.

Kate, so glad to hear your wee grandson is improving, how worrying for you.
We were in a similar position last week, it's so distressing to see a wee one struggling to breathe, you would rather suffer it yourself. sad

KatyK Mon 21-Oct-19 09:41:20

gilly flowers

moggie Mon 21-Oct-19 09:40:05

Good morning Mick & all. Waiting to board flight to EMA.
Love & hugs to gillybob, thinking of you & your DH.
Glad your DGS is ok NanKate
Hope all not well or struggling feel better today.
Have a good day everyone.

vena11 Mon 21-Oct-19 09:34:23

Good morning from a wet Bristol . Gillybob look after yourself.