Gransnet forums

Chat

Skin care

(12 Posts)
BlueSapphire Fri 25-Oct-19 21:34:21

Ooh, MawB, I am not as upmarket as you, but your skin does look nice! I use Wilko gentle facial scrub, Sainsbury's Micellar Water and one of Avon's cheaper face creams (about £5 a jar). Also Avon Primer under make-up. I have been known to use Chanel skincare but didn't notice any discernible difference, so went back to the cheaper stuff.

MawB Fri 25-Oct-19 20:59:01

Charlotte Tilbury and Liz Earle for me

annep1 Fri 25-Oct-19 20:53:56

Everything is Boots no 7 hypoallergenic. I suffer from psoriasis and this product doesn't affect it, actually helps.

PamelaJ1 Fri 25-Oct-19 20:51:06

I use Mouton Brown facial soap and a flannel morning and night. That exfoliates too so is really easy but I only use the flannel once.
I vary my face cream, usually Guinot, always Longue Vie Yeux under my eyes but sometimes whatever I find in TKMax!
Writing as a beauty therapist my advice has always been clean, moisturise and protect. My foundation is Bare Minerals, it has UV protection and is easy to apply as well as looking natural.
Find something that you like the feel and smell of, the most important thing is to have a regular routine.

Purplepeony Fri 25-Oct-19 18:54:50

Thank you all for responding.
For those of you who didn’t say, are you happy with the results? ?

crazyH Wed 23-Oct-19 22:14:28

Soap and water and a prescription moisturiser (Diprobase) after that ....I do sometimes use Cien, from Aldi.

Pudding123 Wed 23-Oct-19 22:05:14

Liz Earle cleanse and polish followed by her toner every morning and evening and her moisturiser and superskin moisturiser in the evening.Exfoliate once a week and serum as an extra a couple of nights a week.Have been using her product's for about 20 years and they seem to work for me but who knows I have a friend the same age as me who has only ever used Nivea and she has lovely skin

Daisymae Wed 23-Oct-19 18:12:57

I use a range of different products, but tend to fall back on Boots No. 7, especially the moisturiser as it has a sunscreen. I am using L'Occitane serum at the moment, it's a night time thingy and I'm going to look 21 any day now!

Purplepeony Wed 23-Oct-19 18:01:58

Thank you

M0nica Tue 22-Oct-19 22:44:40

I have topical skin allergies so have to be careful what products I use.

At night I remove my makeup with Crowes Cremine, a theatrical make up remover. I have been using it for about 40 years without an adverse reaction. This is followed by wiping the residue off with Pure Nuff Stuff skin freshener then I apply Pure Nuff Stuff night cream.

In the morning. I massage a lot of Pure Nuff Stuff moisteriser into my face before putting on any makeup. I use Pure Nuff Stuff because it is organic. As my skin became reactive to more and more High Street brands, I moved to organic products and I have been using my current skin care products for about 10 years.

I buy all the products I use online.

Missfoodlove Tue 22-Oct-19 21:43:14

I use Nuxe facial wash and any day cream with hyaluronic acid.
Nip and Fab no needle moisture is my current favourite.
Every week I exfoliate and use a facial cleansing brush.
I probably use a moisturising mask monthly.
Foundation is always Bare Minerals.

Purplepeony Tue 22-Oct-19 20:58:20

Please can you all share your skin care product recommendations