Gransnet forums

Chat

Uber

(5 Posts)
Callistemon Mon 28-Oct-19 23:27:32

DD2 uses Uber and I was amazed at the speed with which they arrived when we spent time with her recently.

SueDonim Mon 28-Oct-19 22:41:18

Our council won't let Uber operate in this area so we still have to pay extortionate taxi fares. angry However, I used Uber on holiday recently and was pretty pleased with it, all bar one trip. It was a 5:15am trip to a foreign airport and the pre-booked Uber didn't turn up. I was panicking about missing our flight but I rebooked and thankfully a young chap arrived a few minutes later. He said he hadn't been able to sleep so when he saw my request he jumped into his car to meet us.

Grannyknot Mon 28-Oct-19 21:01:05

I'm a fan of Uber. I've used Uber many times in London, and frequently in South Africa, where they are very popular seeing as there is a lack of public transport. Never had a problem.

dragonfly46 Mon 28-Oct-19 20:00:12

We use Ubers all the time. We started in London, used them in Brighton and we now have just 1 in the town where I live. I find it useful that I can book and pay for a taxi for someone else, I have the name of the driver and his registration.

MawB Mon 28-Oct-19 19:50:19

I had my first experience of booking an Uber today. As they are not licensed in our area, I had never bothered to instal the app, but was pleasantly surprised .
A fair estimate of the fare in advance (Trafford Centre to the Royal Exchange theatre, Manchester) the car was there within 5 minutes, a spotlessly clean a/c hybrid car, helpful and friendly driver and very reasonable price for the distance.
The DDs all use Uber all the time over black cabs or mini cabs and I wonder if others have had the same positive experience?