Gransnet forums

Chat

Very boring question

(20 Posts)
M0nica Wed 30-Oct-19 16:58:05

I have no curtains hanging over radiators. Put radiator shelves over the radiators and bring the curtain down to that. Radiator shelves are not expensive and easy to fit.

FlexibleFriend Wed 30-Oct-19 16:49:32

I have radiator covers, no curtains anywhere in the house, blinds and shutters at every window that needs covering, the others are left bare.

Callistemon Wed 30-Oct-19 15:59:00

Yes, I can swym now.

Willow500 Wed 30-Oct-19 15:57:32

I've thought through the house and we have no curtains down to the floor other than my bedroom which is a patio window (stupid idea - not ours). The rest all stop just before the top of the rads. We do have a corner suite in front of the living room radiator though which is unavoidable.

Callistemon Wed 30-Oct-19 15:56:57

Not yours, phoenix - X post

It's MissA's window where short curtains would just hang in space, lost and lonely.

I am looking at mine now, considering them.

MissAdventure Wed 30-Oct-19 15:56:16

Yes, very long window at the top, radiator underneath, also very long.

phoenix Wed 30-Oct-19 15:53:41

Sorry, should have said long curtains that hang either side of the window above the radiators, hope this makes sense!

Callistemon Wed 30-Oct-19 15:53:33

I'm having difficulty visualising this.
There is a window there, isn't there?
Perhaps I need more tea hmm

phoenix Wed 30-Oct-19 15:51:41

Long curtains in front of the sitting room radiator (and the bedroom one) but they are there for "window dressing" only!

We have roller blinds that we pull down when needed.

Problem solved!

MissAdventure Wed 30-Oct-19 15:48:17

I haven't got a window sill or anything above my radiator, so it means shorter curtains just hang in space, looking lost.

aggie Wed 30-Oct-19 15:39:19

??

Callistemon Wed 30-Oct-19 15:37:59

I have long curtains over the French windows but shortish curtains where there are radiators. They come to below the sill, halfway between sill and radiator.
The only radiator which is partly covered is a long one in the sitting room which has a couple of chairs at an angle over it, it would be impossible to put the chairs anywhere else.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 30-Oct-19 15:37:52

My radiators which are in front of the windows have shorter curtains above. The only floor length curtains are in front of the patio doors and that rooms radiator is on an inner wall.

Namsnanny Wed 30-Oct-19 15:34:53

Oooo! aggie you old show offwink
Just jealous thlenvygrin

Namsnanny Wed 30-Oct-19 15:32:21

It’s always a problem - style or practicality!
My long curtains are scrunched up on the radiators in winter!
I always mean to cut them to size and add thermal linings in the summer months, but I like the drap if them at that time of year so I ‘conveniently’ forget the problem!

aggie Wed 30-Oct-19 15:30:00

Underfloor heating , no rads

MissAdventure Wed 30-Oct-19 15:23:04

Yes I did away with my cover, too.
Now I'm looking at an ugly radiator instead.

Amagran Wed 30-Oct-19 15:22:24

Yes. I just don't bother - I refuse to rearrange my rooms just for the sake of the radiators. If I want the heat from any (IMO stupidly positioned) window radiator, I drape the curtains on top of it. Not a great look, but rarely need to do it, and its in the bedroom anyway.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 30-Oct-19 15:20:45

No Miss Adventure long curtains only on windows without a radiator underneath otherwise short ( to top of radiator).

Nothing else in front of any radiators had all “the fancy radiator covers” removed this time last year.

MissAdventure Wed 30-Oct-19 15:15:06

Do you have furniture, curtains, or anything else in front of your radiators?

I love my long curtains, but they pull closed in front of the radiator, so they've stayed open for years.