Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(66 Posts)
12Michael Sat 02-Nov-19 06:15:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but dry at the present moment here in Brackley plus windy as well.
Usual day, get bus to Buckingham , then Bicester , and back to Buckingham , doubt whether the flea market will be functioning today if weather is changeable.
Get that cassoulet on the go as well , plus maybe a Chinese take away later .
Mick

Urmstongran Sat 02-Nov-19 18:38:58

Aw ladies - you are such kind people. So very many on this thread really do care deeply for gillybob

I find myself thinking about them on and off throughout the day.

Her distress has really touched me. Yet we’ve never met.

dragonfly46 Sat 02-Nov-19 18:32:44

That’s exactly what I did urmston

GrannyGravy13 Sat 02-Nov-19 18:30:53

It would Urmstongran ?

Urmstongran Sat 02-Nov-19 18:25:24

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if our collective good vibes could deliver good news for them today and for all of us to read about tomorrow?
?

Auntieflo Sat 02-Nov-19 18:21:41

Urmstongran, you're not the only one.
Just keep hoping for a glimmer of good news for Gillybob.

Urmstongran Sat 02-Nov-19 17:48:39

I can’t be the only one who sees the GM thread pop up late in the day and checks in, heart in mouth, to see if it’s news from gillybob
?

JenniferEccles Sat 02-Nov-19 17:35:54

So sorry to hear your nightmare is continuing gillybob.

There is absolutely no need to apologise for your posts.

Everyone here feels for you so much and wishes every day to hear some good news from you.

I think Pals is a good idea if you feel the medical staff aren’t taking your concerns or questions seriously enough. That is what they are there for.

Stay strong.

nanaK54 Sat 02-Nov-19 13:03:24

Dear gillybob I continue to send kindest thoughts to you and your family

Brunette10 Sat 02-Nov-19 12:26:11

Urmstongran - Agreed - sending big hugs and flowers to gilly - keep in there girl - you are doing so well.

Cherrytree59 Sat 02-Nov-19 10:44:35

Gilly lass, you must rant away, it is a safety valve.
Could you speak to Pals on Monday with a list of questions? They may be able to provide someone to speak to the medical team on your behalf .

Sending you both love and hugs?
Xxxx

Feelingmyage55 Sat 02-Nov-19 10:39:56

Wild here and I am not watching rugby because there is tennis due on later. Most of the berries have been eaten so I am filling the bird feeders again. Due to the heavy rain I wonder if fireworks will go ahead. There will be a lot of disappointed people if they are cancelled. It is so much safer to have a public display.
gillybob All of us are heartsore for you but praying and rooting for you both. As others have said you must come and rant away here any time. I do so wish I could do something in real life. As it is the weekend hopefully some of the family can take turns or sit and let you home to eat and shower or better still sit and keep you company. I send you prayers and wish I could hold your hand.

Anniebach Sat 02-Nov-19 10:39:21

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grammaretto Sat 02-Nov-19 10:21:50

Good morning from the Scottish Borders on this dreich day - but pretty with autumn colour.

I am angry on your behalf Gilly. You should be getting answers and you ought to have an empathetic nurse or supporter among the staff. I am also shocked to hear of these HAI (hospital acquired infections)

Praying for you both (all) that he pulls through. It has been too hard.

Here we are watching the rugby because my French visitors wanted to. I don't know the first thing about it.

Later we will plant some shrubs in my newly cleared garden space.

Mapleleaf Sat 02-Nov-19 10:19:20

Good morning,

At the moment it is dry and clear but it is expected to deteriorate as the day progresses.

DH is watching the rugby in the other room. I can hear it, but darent watch! ( How silly is that?)

Not a lot planned today apart from a bit of shopping and giving our local butcher our Christmas meat order as there was a note up in the shop last week saying that orders were now being taken.

gillybob, don't ever think that we will get irritated by your posts. We are all rooting for you and your DH, sending our prayers, thoughts and best wishes. As others say, I, like them, look each day for your post, hoping to hear more positive news. Try not to let the behaviour of that customer upset you. He is probably unaware of your circumstances - not that that excuses rudeness. I hope someone has told him to back off.
I do hope that you have a friendlier nurse to speak to. Keep plugging away for answers from the medics, you shouldn't be fobbed off. Could your sister or daughter be with you when you arrange to speak to someone? If it helps, have a list with all your queries and questions, so you don't forget something. Possibly ask for second opinions? (Sorry, I know it's easy for me to say this from a distance. Only you know the circumstances, but I just wonder if there is someone else you could ask to speak to). Sending you hugs and prayers. ?

merlotgran Sat 02-Nov-19 10:17:16

Rant as much as you like, gilly. It really does help.

Sorry to hear there is nothing more positive for you to cling to at the moment. You have so much to cope with.

Sending love xx

Lisagran Sat 02-Nov-19 10:03:32

Gilly - so sorry to hear that the day nurse wasn’t exactly a ray of sunshine - don’t they realise a smile and a friendly word can make all the difference?
You will never irritate other GNs - everyone is thinking of you and hoping for some improvement. Look after yourself xx

conor Sat 02-Nov-19 09:59:55

Nothing else to say to Gillybob that hasn't been said. You are both in all our thoughts and prayers. I also read your post before any others, hoping for a miracle. You could never be an irritation but such an inspiration! Keep fighting, we are all here for you! flowerssunshinexxxx

Maggiemaybe Sat 02-Nov-19 09:56:41

Dear gillybob, I haven’t been on GN much lately and rarely visit this thread, so have only just found out about the hell you are going through. I am so very, very sorry, and like so many others on here, will be holding you in my thoughts and prayers. thanksthanksthanks

EllanVannin Sat 02-Nov-19 09:53:26

Good Morning All x.
Damp and dull here on the NW coast though doesn't appear cold.

Problems with the laptop and it's a nuisance as I keep having to force close-down due to the cursor freezing. The laptop's only 4/5 months old too though this is only a recent problem but enough to put me off ! This is my 2nd attempt at writing.

I do feel for Gillybob especially when nobody tells you anything as there's nothing more frustrating. I also appreciate that at the moment it'll be trial and error with BP medication as it'll depend on the medication etc. that's presently being given.
Rant as much as you need to Gillybob, we don't mind as you don't have to bottle things up here, we all understand x.

For others who've been under the weather I hope things pick up for you all. Everyone enjoy your day.
Must get showered now as I've already had my breakfast.

BlueSapphire Sat 02-Nov-19 09:50:18

Good morning from a very wet Northampton. Later this morning as I slept in a bit and then had to wait for my Kindle Fire to charge.

Nervously watching the rugby from behind the sofa... My team Northampton Saints had a good win last night, the score was 40-22, and I watched it on tv from the comfort of my armchair, as I didn't fancy getting wet and cold again.

Nothing planned for today.

My heart goes out to Gilly, this is the place to come and get everything off your chest, we don't mind. Went through similar with my DH last year (before I started posting on here), and am sure that others have too, really feel for you. Hoping for better news every day.

kittylester Sat 02-Nov-19 09:41:44

Nothing to add to the other posts gilly but sending you love and hugs as always.

Rant away!!!

susan good to hear that your dh's op went well!

NannyJan53 Sat 02-Nov-19 09:33:36

Gilly I echo Urmston and all on here who say, we will never be irritated by your posts. We all wish there was something more we could do to help. It could be any of us in this position. We all stick together and give support (albeit virtually). I really wish I could do something to help.

It is absolutely tipping it down this morning. Partner is watching the Rugby. I pop into the living room now and then to see how it is going.

Later we are off to the caravan on its indoor storage site to make sure all is well for the winter.

So glad to hear your DH's operation went well Susan and I hope recovery is swift.

Urmstongran Sat 02-Nov-19 09:31:07

X posts thank you dragonfly43 good to hear you’re getting out and about with your kind husband today - what a lovely gesture, recording the rugby for you. He must love you - enjoy your lunch!

Urmstongran Sat 02-Nov-19 09:27:47

Had to pop back to say (a) the rugby is tense 3-0 to South Africa and my husband is shouting and clapping in alternate moments and (b) the rain has stopped, the sun is cracking the flags - hot again!

I love ??

dragonfly46 Sat 02-Nov-19 09:25:17

Well said urmston we will never get tired of your posts gilly if we could be there to hold your hand we would be.