Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(58 Posts)
12Michael Tue 05-Nov-19 06:12:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but it looks wet outside this morning in Brackley.
I watched the DVD release of "Yesterday" last night and enjoyed it.
My usual day out today , a couple of coffees and shops in Bicester and Buckingham.
Mick

dragonfly46 Tue 05-Nov-19 22:30:25

Congratulations!

Grammaretto Tue 05-Nov-19 22:16:50

What lovely news! smile

Marydoll Tue 05-Nov-19 20:36:57

Lovely news! ??

NanKate Tue 05-Nov-19 20:27:45

Congratulations to the whole family DoraMarr. ?

DoraMarr Tue 05-Nov-19 20:02:04

Thank you for all your good wishes- the baby arrived safely at 10am. She is a beautiful little girl with thick dark hair, feeding well and very calm. I took her two year old brother in to see her this afternoon, and he was delighted with her, asked to hold her and showered her with kisses. I hope this brotherly affection lasts! His daddy has just taken him home in his pyjamas( the two year old, not his daddy) after a plate of egg and chips ( the daddy this time) because he’d been existing on sweets and crisps all day. My daughter will be kept in for a couple of days. I’m exhausted!

janzicb1 Tue 05-Nov-19 17:59:49

I hope you dear daughter had an easy time with it, and that now you might have welcomed the newcomer with joy.... if she is still inside the action, all the best for a wonderful outcome soon...

Auntieflo Tue 05-Nov-19 12:16:37

I just missed the Good morning slot, but hello go everyone as usual, Michael, Annie and all.
Had to go to the hospital this morning, for a check up, as it is just over a year since I had surgery for breast cancer. All seems well, thank goodness.
I am off volunteering shortly and will enjoy my afternoon.
Much love and hugs to Gillybob and her DH for the proposed tracheotomy today. Please don't think too much about signing for your DH.
We always do things for the best , at the time, don't we?

Marydoll, I think the shopping centre must be out of bounds for you for a while. So glad nobody seemed to be hurt by the collapse. Have you found your tablets yet? They do get in the most inaccessible places.
Have a good day one and all

conor Tue 05-Nov-19 11:39:46

Dear Gillybob still hoping for a miracle and that you can smile and enjoy those grandchildren again!
It is strange that when the busy life we lead is taken away, how we crave for normality again!
I do hope the operation improves things and you are both in our thoughts and prayers xxxflowers

vena11 Tue 05-Nov-19 10:54:53

Good morning everyone ,last day in Tenerife where has this week gone .Gillybob keep strong .

Lisagran Tue 05-Nov-19 10:54:23

Gilly - hope the tracheotomy goes ahead soon if that will help your husband. The hospital do sound as if they are trying their very best for him. Poor you, though - you sound weary, not surprisingly. Hope all this comes to a positive time soon for you all. Xx

dragonfly46 Tue 05-Nov-19 10:38:31

Hoping the tracheotomy goes well Gilly. It would be good for you to spend time with the children - can you do that for a few hours? It may bring back the glimmer of a smile. When I was first diagnosed if found hugging my DGD so therapeutic. Sending you lots of love.

Wow Marydoll that was quite an escape you had.

Feelingmyage55 Tue 05-Nov-19 10:32:59

Wet and windy again but no surprise for November. By the way, how can it be November already? I have to go shopping for gifts for friends I am visiting for the weekend then worry about what to pack as the weather is so changeable.
marydoll I suppose you could try tights over the vacuum nozzle under the range - not well expressed but you know what I mean - then wash the tablet before you swallow. Can you guess that you are not the first to have to solve this problem?
gillybob For as awful as this is for you both, clearly the doctors are still fighting for your DH. I think you said the tracheostomy would push the oxygen deeper into his lungs and may help recovery. I truly hope that this will help him and therefore you too. Hang on to the fact that the doctors and nurses are working so hard. I hope you have a comfy chair to snooze in while you are sitting - if not then ask. Are you allowed to play music to your husband, with earphones if necessary? Or anything else he enjoys listening to? Ou are amazing - keep on keeping on. I wish I could hold your hand.
Everyone else, best wishes for babies, birthdays and baking days.

Grammaretto Tue 05-Nov-19 10:12:28

A poignant day for you Gilly. I hope the tracheotomy helps his breathing. Thinking of you as ever xxx

Hope Dora's new Gbaby arrives safely. 5 of our DGC were C sections so I'm an old hand at anxiety.

GrannySomerset Tue 05-Nov-19 10:05:46

Visit from locksmith this morning after a horrible few moments yesterday when we couldn’t get into the house. Not a whole new lock, fortunately, and he will come back tomorrow with the relevant parts, but meanwhile we can’t leave the house empty because we dare not double lock the front door. Fortunately this is my wonderful cleaner’s day and she will be here.

Lunch with an old friend while DH is at Probus, taken and returned by a kind neighbour, then I must make a shopping list so that I can get the C..... cake made - should have been done last week.

Thinking of Gilly and all GNers struggling with poor health, and also of course of the new life about to join the ups and downs of life.

Sprout Tue 05-Nov-19 09:38:01

Morning Mick and all. Wet here also but sun shinning. Nails done this morning the look round the market. Normal shop also oh happy days eh. Hope all OK and those who are suffering for any reason take care

Greyduster Tue 05-Nov-19 09:28:30

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Maple is spot on with our weather today☹️! Mary you had a narrow squeak yesterday it seems!! Dora fingers crossed for your DD - I’m sure she’s in very good hands.
We had a lovely meal out last night and GS and DD made me a cake but we were all too full to eat it, so will cut it later when we do the school run. Have a good day all.

gillybob Tue 05-Nov-19 09:28:00

Good morning from the NE coast where we have very strong winds and have had heavy rain with plenty more to come.My patio furniture has taken off down to the bottom of the garden. One of the chairs looks to be wrapped around the tree so expecting some damage when I go and retrieve it all in a few minutes. I am not sure how I can secure it . That would normally be DH’s department.

Anyway today 5th November is DH’s birthday . Sadly no fireworks or even cards this year. It could be the 12th of Never for all he is aware. sad

Plans to carry out the tracheostomy operation at some point today, assuming that he remains “stable” that is. They are not sure when the operation will take place as they need to slot it in to theatre time. I couldn’t help but feel like I was betraying him by signing the consent forms last night and am mad at myself, as after I signed them (they were kind of pushed on me) I learned that as his wife I could have refused to sign on his behalf . The operation would have still gone ahead. Silly I know but it’s playing in my mind.

I am missing the children terribly as I normally see them lots during the week doing school runs, overnights, football, dancing, gymnastics and everything in between. I have hardly seen our little Evie these last few weeks either . Poor lamb will think me and grandad have deserted her.

I am so unhappy I wonder whether I will ever laugh again. Just Longing for a little bit of good news .

Anyway I am sick of wallowing in my own self pity and do realise that others have problems too . I am so sorry .

To all of those feeling poorly, worried or under the weather I hope your feel better soon and wish you lots of sunshine sunshine

To those lucky enough to be enjoying holidays and good times, long may they continue. smile

So pleased to learn that your baby grandson is out of hospital grannygravy thank goodness. Enjoy those cuddles .

Love to all and huge thanks for keeping my DH in your thoughts and prayers.

Gilly x

Maggiemaybe Tue 05-Nov-19 09:15:43

Good morning, all.

I’m a newcomer to the thread after years of being on GN, but have started lurking here recently to get news of Gilly, and what a supportive, friendly place it is!

I hope all goes well today for all those with health and family worries, new babies (how exciting smile) and pills to find. Where do things go?! My DSIL lost his wedding ring three weeks ago - it flew off while he was cutting the packing off their new sofa, so must be somewhere in the front room or just outside (the front door was open). I’m constantly on the hunt for it now down the cracks in the floorboards when we’re looking after their boys and the little on’s napping. grin

I have a bit of house stuff and sewing to do today, and at least 3 weeks’ worth of newspapers to sort, then we’ll be over to DS’s to pick up his boys from school. We’ve to get one of them over to a new football training session out in the wilds after tea - I just hope we can find it in the dark. We’re very good at getting lost....

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 05-Nov-19 09:15:11

Good morning from east London, dull this morning and temperature a bit lower than last week. Off to have my ‘legs done’ this morning- first time in months so she may need a lawn mower - but it’s another tick on the list of holiday prep. House being measured up for carpet this morning, hope the bloke doesn’t choke on the dust and then no plans. DP is playing squash tonight so I have the place to myself. Have the best day you can.

NfkDumpling Tue 05-Nov-19 09:08:44

Sunny and still here in the north of Norfolk and the early mist is burning off leaving silvered cobwebs draped over the garden glinting in the sun. Beautiful to look at but decidedly chilly and damp underfoot.

Out for lunch with an old friend and her new man and maybe a walk afterwards if we’re not too full and the path isn’t too muddy.

An exciting day then DoraMarr. I hope all goes well.

Take care Marydoll, perhaps that roof collapsing is a sign!
Vibes of courage as always to gilly. Things must get better soon. And flowers to cheer Annie.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 05-Nov-19 09:04:26

Morning all from a very wet and drizzly South Notts.
I'm expecting a visit from my sister today but she may cancel due to having been out with the dog and got wet once so won't venture out again until tea time. We shall see.
They couldn't find anything wrong with the car yesterday so I got it back and feel reassured.
Hope all is well, thinking positive thoughts for gilly and dora and anyone with worries.

Mapleleaf Tue 05-Nov-19 09:03:59

for not fir!

harrigran Tue 05-Nov-19 09:03:47

Good morning from a dull rainy NE.
Think we might go out for a fish and chip lunch today then get on with finding homes for all the stuff brought back from second home.
Happy Birthday Anno.
Thinking of gilly and praying for better news.

Mapleleaf Tue 05-Nov-19 09:03:06

Good morning from a wet, miserable South Yorkshire.

Thinking of you and your DH gillybob, and like all the others GN's pray for good news.

Not a lot planned today other than household jobs. DH and I managed to put the garden to bed fir the winter yesterday, and I decided the front doorstep needed brightening up so bought some lovely cyclamens which now need potting up. They are nice and cheerful - just the thing fir this grim looking weather we've got.

Best wishes to you and your family Dora Marr.

Take care everyone, and to all feeling unwell, I hope you soon start to feel better.

Anniebach Tue 05-Nov-19 08:59:02

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Youngest grandchild moved away yesterday, I have empty nest syndrome again.