Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Wed 06-Nov-19 06:13:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark here in Brackley but looks like a mixed bag of weather today.
A quiet day today , having a sort out of things , and hoping to get a printer fitted up, with wi-fi .
Mick

conor Wed 06-Nov-19 14:08:57

As always, thinking of Gillybobs and hoping for good newsxxflowerssunshine

mumofmadboys Wed 06-Nov-19 13:54:17

Prayers for strength and courage for you Gilly and for healing for your DH xx

JenniferEccles Wed 06-Nov-19 13:45:56

gilly it must be so exhausting physically and mentally to be at the hospital all day every day (until late in the evenings from what you have said) so would it be a good idea for you to have a bit of a break from the long hours whilst your husband is in a coma?

Obviously you would want to see him every day, but I am sure it would do you good to have a few hours away, maybe to spend time with those grandchildren you miss so much?

They would I'm sure, put a much needed smile on your face wouldn't they?

Then if the doctors reduce your husband's sedation at some point, and he is more aware, then that would be the time to be there talking to him.

You must make sure you don't make yourself ill, so time away would enable you to have a few hours of 'normality' to recharge your batteries.

I am sure your son and daughter would have said much the same thing to you.

In the meantime, I hope the new treatment starts to work soon.

Irenelily Wed 06-Nov-19 12:38:17

Interesting to read your post, ElanVannin about potassium and sodium levels! Last Autumn, I was rushed into hospital with both low sodium AND low potassium. Fortunately one of my daughter’s called in, as I was “away with the fairies”!! I “came to” after a couple of days in hospital. It was all down to having seen a young doctor who decided to change my tablets!! I now insist on seeing an older experienced doctor if I have to go to the surgery! He agreed with me
“If it ain’t broke don’t mend it” - leave well alone!

Bathsheba Wed 06-Nov-19 12:06:22

I’m so sorry whywhywhy - such a long time she was with you, you must be devastated flowers

gilly you’re constantly in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you’ll have some more positive news soon flowers

whywhywhy Wed 06-Nov-19 11:12:45

Good morning to everyone.

Sending love and hugs to Gillybob and I don't know how you cope. Stay strong and please look after yourself as much as possible.

Sadly I had to have my beautiful cat euthanized yesterday. At the age of 20.5 years she has been my little best friend. She has had diabetes for the last 9 years and also a bit of arthritis. The time had come and a lovely vet and a nurse came to the house and she passed away as I held her. My heart is broken and the pain is so raw.

Kalu Wed 06-Nov-19 11:01:04

We are all rooting for you both gilly and the strong healing vibes are still very much being sent?

A bit dampish here this morning in Glasgow.

Doctor’s appointment later today to try new meds for this blooming Peripheral Neuropathy. Hey ho. Onwards and upwards yet again.

Congratulations DoraMarr. I envy those cuddles you will enjoy with your new GD.

Sorry to hear your RA is flaring up Marydoll. Don’t vacuum your kitchen floor too soon as your pills just may be somewhere you are sure you looked before. I have learned this from experience?

A pleasant day to all and strength to those having struggles to deal with.

janzicb1 Wed 06-Nov-19 10:53:39

Hilly bob I am new here but seeing how much you’re cared for here and seeing what a difficult time you’re going through I thought I would add my best wishes to the recovery of your darling too. All the best from sunny misty Derbyshire x

EllanVannin Wed 06-Nov-19 10:50:51

Good Morning All x
Dull and damp here but I've got washing on so living in hope of a bit of a breeze later, if not then it's the dryer. I need to keep the washing down as I don't like it piling up.

A large shop at Asda yesterday in preparation for the twins calling in from school. Stuff I've never bought---fish fingers, pizzas and chicken dippers, all alien to me. I've still got the usual meat and veg for bigger meals if they want them and extra wrapped biscuits for the tin.

Congratulations for the arrival of the new baby, glad all went well.
Marydoll and dragonfly, so inspirational, like a breath of fresh air even with your problems you still manage to battle on as do others who have acute medical problems-------because we have to, ladies.

Just read Gillybob's post and speaking of battling on, your DH isn't going to give in for anyone, makes you wonder where all their strength comes from but good on him I say.

Potassium levels are dictated by food and certain medications for high BP as well as some water tablets and when potassium is high, sodium levels drop and when sodium levels are high potassium drops. It's quite difficult to get the right balance as both trigger problems when either high or low so it's not surprising that nothing's stable at the moment. Anaesthetics can affect the levels too especially as you get older as they tend to give a false reading of diabetes.

Pleased that the tracheotomy/tracheostomy ( there is a difference but I've partly forgotten) went okay as that will assist breathing and is usually performed after someone has been under assisted breathing for 3+ weeks or thereabouts.

The main thing is to look after yourself Gilly as DH is being looked after so grab a " cuppa soup " now and again to keep your own blood sugars ticking over. Stay strong girl xx

Everyone else, look after yourselves, it's important. Send us all a bit of your sunshine Urmstongran smile Enjoy yourself.

Feelingmyage55 Wed 06-Nov-19 10:45:10

Wet and cold in the north of Scotland again. Visit to the optician today so that will be expensive but needs must. Packing for a weekend away and dithering, trying not to take too much in an unpredictable weather forecast. Full of admiration for gillybob and her DH, also the staff who are working so hard.

kittylester Wed 06-Nov-19 10:41:01

A very late good morning from an extremely cold but dry North Leicestershire.

I'm sorry not to read better news gilly but don't forget we are here with you.

Lovely news DoraMarr, do you have a name yet?

I'm baking for the last session of this Carer's course which is this afternoon but heaven knows what the cake will taste like after we had a really late night last night!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 06-Nov-19 10:40:24

Morning all from an overcast South Notts, chilly too.
Congratulations, dora.
So sorry for this continuation of bad news gilly you must be so distressed. If good wishes could cure him ...
Sympathies for all those with worries.

NanKate Wed 06-Nov-19 10:39:24

Life’s a bu** at times Gilly. ?

vena11 Wed 06-Nov-19 10:30:07

Good morning all from a dull but dry Bristol.
Home late last night from Tenerife so very tired this morning , the holiday was lovely and really enjoyed it and it was great to see my DB and DS.
gillybob * there is no words to say how sorry I am and I hope you get better news today.
Congratulations dora on your new baby.
I hope all have a good day.

Auntieflo Wed 06-Nov-19 10:21:05

Good morning Michael, Annie and all, from a bright and sunny corner of Berks. Cold overnight, and a bit of condensation on the windows this morning.
I should be up and doing by now, but can't get going.
Gillybob, just sending you positive thoughts and hope that today will bring you some good news. You are so good at finding the time to keep us updated from the hospital.
DH has already gone out and I may go and meet him for coffee later on.
I suppose I could drive, but as I haven't been allowed to, for 6 weeks, I'm not actually sure if I want to!
Have a good day one and all.

ginny Wed 06-Nov-19 10:12:52

?for Gilly.

Grammaretto Wed 06-Nov-19 10:08:14

Good morning all from an Edinburgh bus where I have been to collect drugs for DH. Rather like for Marydoll there's a shortage.
It's fine but cold. Very pretty autumn colours.
Lovely news Dora best wishes to the mum.
Slightly better news i'm detecting today from Gilly
Sending you love and virtual hugs.

NannyJan53 Wed 06-Nov-19 10:02:16

Thinking of you gilly and hoping for better news soon flowers

Nannylovesshopping Wed 06-Nov-19 09:58:16

So praying for some good news for you Gilly you are always in my thoughts, such love and affection for you and your family from so many lovely gransnetters

NfkDumpling Wed 06-Nov-19 09:54:13

Give your Best Beloved’s hand a gentle squeeze from us Gilly.

dragonfly46 Wed 06-Nov-19 09:46:30

Yes we are all still here for you Gilly and for however long it takes flowers

GranEd Wed 06-Nov-19 09:38:05

Hoping for positive news soon Gilly ??.
Love to you both.

Urmstongran Wed 06-Nov-19 09:30:16

And me gillybob ☘️

aggie Wed 06-Nov-19 09:27:32

Thinking of you Gilly

Greyduster Wed 06-Nov-19 09:16:08

From me too, Gilly???