Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(56 Posts)
12Michael Thu 07-Nov-19 06:15:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning, my usual bus trips out to Bicester and Buckingham.
Will have usual coffees etc.
I this year , have found myself booking to see West End shows on coach trips this early ,
Planned shows in order of seeing them , Mary Poppins , Tina Turner musical ,and Sister Act which will be next August as Whoopi Goldberg appears for a short period in the show, mind you price wise that and Mary Poppin's are not cheap tickets ,and the organiser has to secure seats early, so final payments before end of year.
Mick

annsixty Thu 07-Nov-19 08:17:04

Good morning all from a wet Stockport.
I read everyday but seldom post, however talk of cleaners on Thursday has made me blush as my cleaner woke me up this morning with a phone call, she was at the front door!!
I am usually up by 7am to get dressed etc for her.
My GD who lives with me is 21 today and she got in very late last night after 3 days in Amsterdam, there was a security alert at the airport, false fortunately, and they were delayed.
We are out later for breakfast and meal with family tonight.
My love and prayers are with the Gilly bobs, as always..

Marydoll Thu 07-Nov-19 08:20:14

Annsixty, it's good to see you posting here, I know you have not been feeling too well recently. (I read the Kitchen posts, but rarely post grin )
Enjoy your time with your family tonight.

Mapleleaf Thu 07-Nov-19 08:20:36

Good morning everyone,

It's a very wet, grey morning here in South Yorkshire and looks set for the day.

Not a lot planned for today other than a trip to the surgery this pm to give more blood.

At long last, we managed to find a bird bath we liked for our garden - we've only been looking for about a year - and to make matters even better, it was half price.

Thinking of and sending prayers to the gillybobs.

Hope today is kind to one and all, and Mick those trips sound excellent. Well done for being so organised. ?

Greyduster Thu 07-Nov-19 08:25:55

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Maple has given you our South Yorkshire weather, so a day in is on the cards. I am going to be batch cooking some some pies today so that should keep me out of mischief.
Hope there is better news from Gilly. Have a good day folks.

Urmstongran Thu 07-Nov-19 08:31:34

Yes, hope you enjoy your visit to your son in Kenya GG13 how long will you be out there?

kittylester Thu 07-Nov-19 08:35:51

mapleleaf, I ve just popped back to see if gilly has posted and I saw your post about a bird bath which reminded me that we ordered one ages ago. We'll have to chase that up!

Have a great trip gg.

gillybob Thu 07-Nov-19 08:37:49

Good morning from the NE coast where it is very windy and lashing down with rain.

A tiny bit of good news to share this morning, although I have been warned not to build my hopes up too much as there is often one step forward and 5 back in ICU.

The tracheostomy operation went well and they are happy that it is working properly. Yesterday they managed to reduce the level of oxygen down quite considerably for about 6 hours, which meant he was doing some of the breathing himself with the ventilator kicking in every so often to make up the difference . You can actually see his breaths coming in on the monitor which ended up being quite stressful as I sat there willing every breath to come. The sedation was reduced too but not enough to see any real signs of my DH, just some arm movements, fluttering eyelids and a sort of silent coughing. They are planning on doing it again today assuming he has had a comfortable night.

I am no longer ringing during the night or first thing which either means I have accepted that this is our life for now or that they really don’t tell you much anyway preferring to give any news face to face. Anyway they always ring me if there’s any sort of problem.

Well I am feeling a little more upbeat this morning but trying not to get carried away as I know things can change second by second.

I am having to go to “that place” this afternoon so will have to leave him for a few hours later which I am very reluctant to do. I have been doing a lot of work from home early in the morning and late at night but there are some things I can only do there. I am still hoping for that elusive lottery win which would mean I would never have to see the place again but until then......

I do hope those enjoying good times and holidays continue to do so and those who are feeling sad, down or poorly feel better soon....surely there has to be some light at the end of the tunnel for us ?

I have never been a materialistic or demanding kind of person, which is just as well or I would have been very disappointed. But I really do think that spending so much time in ICU, where life really does hang on a thread, makes you look at things in a completely new light, although I really wouldn’t recommend it as a way to heal the mind and spirit smile

Have a good Thursday everyone.

Love Gilly x

DoraMarr Thu 07-Nov-19 08:39:17

Goodness, look at the time! It’s quite bright here in Birmingham, all though there is a bank of grey clouds to the west. My daughter is going home from hospital today with the baby, so I am on standby to have my grandson while my son in law goes to pick them up. That and housework are my only plans for today so far, although I hope to fit in a cup of coffee with friends at the art centre on my doorstep. Enjoy your day in Brum, Maw, Centenary Square looks amazing, with the big wheel and the ice rink.

Marydoll Thu 07-Nov-19 08:41:37

Thanks Gilly, I wait expectanly every day for your news.
A little shaft of light at the end of a very dark tunnel. I sense a change in you today.
You know we are all here beside you, praying and hoping, even if we can't physically help.

Remember, you have to take care of yourself too, Take care x

Maggiemaybe Thu 07-Nov-19 08:49:03

Good morning all from a very, very wet West Yorkshire.

I was rudely woken by my phone pinging too - DD1 making plans for us for the weekend. I'd forgotten to switch it off. Been reading under the duvet since, listening to the rain battering against the window and a door banging gently somewhere downstairs.

I'm now summoning the energy to get up and do my yogalates - it's been a while! We're off to town later for Ad Astra at the Senior Vue and a bit of shopping in the rain. I think we'll be in the car considering the weather, as going on the bus involves walking 2 miles to and from the stop.

Best wishes for all who could use them, and especially for gilly. flowers

Anniebach Thu 07-Nov-19 08:56:19

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Thu 07-Nov-19 08:58:02

You do sound ever so slightly more positive gilly I hope the incremental progress continues for your husband as yes, you DO deserve some light at the end of your tunnel. Baby steps .....

dragonfly46 Thu 07-Nov-19 08:59:27

?Gilly you are so right about hospital treatment, especially ICU changing your perspective on life. Thinking of you as always.

Grammaretto Thu 07-Nov-19 09:07:30

That is better news to hear Gilly. I too have been waiting for an update and praying that the tracheotomy has brought some relief. It seems it has.

When we got the good news after DH's scan last week (that the latest cancer treatment is working) I could tell in an instant when I saw the nurse's face. She kept smiling!
It does become a way of life doesn't it but I bet you are missing those DGC. or are you managing to see them? I hope so. xx

Nannytopsy Thu 07-Nov-19 09:10:29

Cautiously optimistic for you and you dear one Gillybob - we are all behind you. Very late waking up today and it is persisting down outside. Finishing touches to do in the kitchen and then some serious housework!
Have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Thu 07-Nov-19 09:23:14

Glimmer of hope gilly we are all thinking of you and willing a good outcome

moggie Thu 07-Nov-19 09:28:19

Good morning Mick & all from wet, dreary looking Nottingham. Catch up day at home & out for meal this evening with DH.
Nice trips to look forward to next year Mick
Happy & safe travels GG13
Happy Birthday to your DGD annsixty
Thoughts are with you & your DH Gillybobs & signs of improvement continue.
Hope all not well or struggling with health & worries have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Lisagran Thu 07-Nov-19 09:33:24

Oh, Gilly - so pleased to read your post today - fingers crossed your husband continues to improve. Small steps, but clearly very hopeful. Don’t wear yourself out (daft thing to say to you - we know what you’re like ! smile ). Seriously - do look after yourself xx

aggie Thu 07-Nov-19 09:44:52

Good Morning all , bit nippy here ! And the heating is on the blink ?
Hoping and praying for the * Gillybobs* that the improvement continues xxx

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 07-Nov-19 09:52:23

Morning all from a very wet South Notts - it's absolutely pelting it down. I think I'll stay in today.
My thoughts are with you gilly and hope things get better for you.

Mapleleaf Thu 07-Nov-19 09:54:41

Just read gilly’s post, and like everyone else have fingers crossed that this is the start of the road to recovery.

Well, kitty, I hope you soon receive your bird bath! ?

Cherrytree59 Thu 07-Nov-19 10:03:05

gilly sending my best wishes and hugs ?

Where there is life, there is hope,
And I hope and pray that your little glimmer of light will get steadily brighter as time moves on.
xxx

Auntieflo Thu 07-Nov-19 10:10:45

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
Oh Gilly, so pleased that you are seeing a glimmer of hope. I know I don't post early, but I have been waiting recently, to see if you have an update for us. Thank you, and flowers.
I don't do the lottery, but was cautiously hoping for a Premium bond win, not £25000, but did get a £25 win.
Ah well, we live in hope.
Urmstongran, are you in training for a marathon? Stroll of 9 miles!!! whatever next. I am very impressed.
Sorry you haven't found your pills Marydoll.
Have you got a cat?
I had a bit of a rude awakening this morning. Jumped, (well not quite), into the shower and got woken up by an icy blast. My lovely cleaner had left it set on cold, after rinsing the bath.
To all struggling, take it easy.
Have a good day one and all.

Brunette10 Thu 07-Nov-19 10:46:17

Good Morning albeit very late. Had computer problems this morning but up and running now. Just come in from a doing a small shop, couldn't really be bothered as its pouring with rain but needs must. So glad to hear that there is a slight improvement gilly so good to hear good news. Catching up with paperwork this morning then DD and DGS2 this afternoon. I hope today is good to everyone. Take care.

Marydoll Thu 07-Nov-19 10:49:25

Auntieflo, I have just worked out why you asked about having a cat?
I'm scared of cats and dogs!!
It's bizarre about the pills! DH has looked too.
I'm proud to say my kitchen is spotless!
My DIL arrived half an hour ago with all her washing on her way to work.
Machine broken again.
Engineer phoned to say he could come now! Guess where I am?
I had to rush out, sans make up and thrown together.
It's like being on holiday, it's so peaceful here. DS put the heating on remotely, I may stay all day, it's so cosy!!! ?
Now that I'm out, DH will have the heating off and his music blaring out!! A result for both of us.