Gransnet forums

Chat

I know he loves me but...

(31 Posts)
kittylester Sat 09-Nov-19 07:59:59

I do wish he would not keep working out driving routes for me that avoid 'dangerous' roads.

Obviously, I take no notuce. grin

How do you know your DH/partner loves you?

kittylester Sat 09-Nov-19 11:43:36

How did you guess, dragonfly!

dragonfly46 Sat 09-Nov-19 11:37:35

That gave me a good laugh kitty. It is just the thing my DH would say. He never lets me leave the house without saying 'Take care' as if I would be needlessly reckless. I bet you went across country!!!

Witzend Sat 09-Nov-19 11:29:06

Apart from the everyday stuff, since he's very good, one thing that really stands out, was dh once bringing me a lovely bouquet. It wasn't my birthday or Valentine's Day, so since he never brings such offerings randomly, I was nonplussed.

He explained that it was 50 years to the day since we'd met.
I was overwhelmed, since although I remember the occasion very well, I wouldn't even have had a clue what month it was, let alone the actual date!

kittylester Sat 09-Nov-19 11:20:51

dragonfly, it was the suggestion that I go Market Harborough on the A6 rather than the country route because 'there will be a big puddle at the bottom of that steep hill' that set off this train of thought! Also a suggestion that I do a detour to save crossing the A46 'as cars race along there'!!

Calendargirl Sat 09-Nov-19 11:19:01

Whenever we have a box of chocolates, (not very often), he lets me eat all my favourites and he has the ones I’m not keen on. And if ever there’s an odd one left, he lets me scoff it!
❤️

Alexa Sat 09-Nov-19 11:12:34

What is knowledge? Knowledge is justified true belief.
One may be justified in believing he loves you but it may nevertheless not be true.

Nonnie Sat 09-Nov-19 11:00:49

OH Jane I hope he makes up for it later.

DH must love me, he has put up with me for so many years and lets me drag him off on holiday when he doesn't want to go. Then he has a thoroughly great time and thinks he organised it!

Jane10 Sat 09-Nov-19 10:32:16

Thanks everyone. Sorry to hijack your thread kittylester. I was just feeling sorry for myself as I read it. It's got worse too - DD and DGSs phoned to say happy birthday and it turns out that they could have come for a birthday lunch but DH put them off and told me they were busy. He's just obsessed with that car of his. Needless to say they're on their way round! smile

suzied Sat 09-Nov-19 10:09:39

Mine was buying himself some trousers in M and S and was persuaded by the cashier to buy bought me the M and S beauty advent calendar, with the proviso I "could take it back". Not something I hankered after but now have decided to keep!

cornergran Sat 09-Nov-19 09:39:59

Happy birthday jane10. Your day can only improve smile.

Birthdays can be a minefield. I also know Mr C loves me but did struggle when it was somehow my fault that he had a minor accident collecting a birthday cake for me. I wasn’t even in the car hmm. Thinking car routes we never, ever agree on the best way to get from A to B, I am of course always right grin.

Nannylovesshopping Sat 09-Nov-19 09:33:01

I would make that the most expensive present he has ever bought you?

shysal Sat 09-Nov-19 09:32:34

Happy birthday, Jane10. Hope DH comes up with something else later to mark the day.

NanKate Sat 09-Nov-19 09:30:00

A very happy birthday Jane.

I would buy yourself a very nice gift today and tell your DH you have saved him doing so. Don’t hold back on the price.

???

midgey Sat 09-Nov-19 09:29:40

Happy birthday Jane10 flowers[cake]

Jane10 Sat 09-Nov-19 09:24:07

Hmmmm. Very hard to tell right now. It's my birthday today. I got a small box of supermarket chocs and he's off to work on his car all day as usual. Luckily, kind friends have risen to the occasion. Just feeling cheesed off with DH. angry

Jangran99 Sat 09-Nov-19 09:12:10

He listens to my long, convoluted stories without saying, "Is there a point to all this?"missed

He explains the bits in a drama that I missed because I shut my eyes for a second!

dragonfly46 Sat 09-Nov-19 09:01:06

Yes but you have to admit kitty it was pretty hairy yesterday with the floods. As maw says cherish him.

NanKate Sat 09-Nov-19 08:59:15

Always sorts the car for me, wiping down windows or de-icing.

Brings me flowers throughout the year.

Never minds that I watch hours of tennis from all over the world.

Takes over the cooking if I am unwell.

He also drives me mad with his pedantic ways. Copious notes for me to read in tiny writing.

I think I will keep him. ?

kittylester Sat 09-Nov-19 08:56:41

Dangerous not dangerous roads!!

kittylester Sat 09-Nov-19 08:56:06

I do cherish him, maw, but I have driven for 46 years without major incident even on 'dangerour' roads grin

MawB Sat 09-Nov-19 08:48:22

“(Because) he wants you to avoid dangerous roads ?”

Cherish him

ninathenana Sat 09-Nov-19 08:48:00

Oh yes, dragonfly DH does that.

MawB Sat 09-Nov-19 08:47:04

No Kittylester not “but”, because

sodapop Sat 09-Nov-19 08:38:30

Mr SP cooks my favourite meals and repairs all the things I break because I am clumsy.

dragonfly46 Sat 09-Nov-19 08:35:21

Sounds like mine kitty!

I know because he tells me all the time and gets very cross if he hears a crash in the house and I don’t answer that I am okay immediately. ?