Gransnet forums

Chat

Starsigns

(92 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Mon 11-Nov-19 12:27:33

Can I ask you all what is your astrology star sign, and are you typical of it

giulia Tue 12-Nov-19 13:52:32

I'm Cancer - it's soft lights and deep armchairs for me!

Jaxie Tue 12-Nov-19 13:31:26

My husband is Leo: he's anti- social, miserly, emotionally frozen and basically a gloomy so and so. Is it because he's married to me a Cancerian?

Witzend Tue 12-Nov-19 13:26:23

A sister is a typical Virgo - very neat and tidy!
Alas I have never been either of those - not sure whether that's anything to do with being an Aquarian though.
I do love swimming in the sea, or a lake, if the opportunity arises. Is that typical?

I have 2 very water-loving Pisces dds - one even more than the other - I swear she was a fish in a previous life!

DotMH1901 Tue 12-Nov-19 12:55:43

I'm a Virgo - was married very happily to a Capricorn until he died far too soon. I am organised, hate clutter (but live with my daughter who impulse buys all kinds of things we apparently 'need' but which get left in the living room for ages until I get fed up and take them upstairs to her bedroom!). I think I am probably pretty typical of a Virgo - my daughter says my tidying up habits drive her crazy (she is a Taurus).

00mam00 Tue 12-Nov-19 12:49:19

I have just been reading about Gwen John and realised the description of her characteristics reads like my own, so intrigued I checked her star sign and of course it’s the same as mine smile.

TrendyNannie6 Tue 12-Nov-19 12:09:26

I’m a Libra married to a Capricorn in Suzanne’s book she tells you your element signs too. Although I’m typical libra in so many ways, I don’t read the daily star signs in the paper as feel they are nonsense

TrendyNannie6 Tue 12-Nov-19 12:06:26

Hi AuntieFlo I’m a Libra and very typical of that sign very indecisive takes me ages to make a choice if I’m faced with a multiple choice of what to buy whether it’s clothes or whatever, and no I’m not trying to figure out who everyone is, I think the person that posted yesterday asking ages was being lighthearted like me,doodle, that just made me lol. If anyone is interested have a read of Suzanne whites Chinese star sign book, it’s fascinating, everyone has a animal sign eg, I’m the Libra Rooster , it goes into more depth than the 12 sun signs,

Kartush Tue 12-Nov-19 12:05:53

I am a Scorpio, married to a Libra which all the books say is a no no. I don’t think that I am a typical Scorpio

Patticake123 Tue 12-Nov-19 12:02:19

I’m a Libra, perfect except for the streak of modesty! I once read the stars in magazines etc but a colleague told me that her first job on a newspaper was to write the column and she would walk around the office saying ‘ what do you want to happen today?’and then write something appropriate. Since learning that, I’ve never been able to take it seriously.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 12-Nov-19 11:59:47

Capricorn and fairly typical - down to earth and practical but I have a 'hidden' romantic, mystical side.
Obviously my twin sister and I share the same sign and her DH and my dear late husband also Cappies.
I'm not very materialistic (but I like nice surroundings) or ambitious and have no interest in status symbols. Apparently, as a double Cappie I'm content to stay in the same field and don't look over the edge too much.

Quizzer Tue 12-Nov-19 11:56:31

Star signs and horoscopes are just as mythical as unicorns!
I am a Virgo, but practically the opposite of what I should be. When I say this, believers tell me that is is because 'you were born on the cusp' How wide is this 'cusp' - about 11 months I suspect wink.

JessK Tue 12-Nov-19 11:54:48

A Capricorn goat here - realistic, dependable and a traditionalist - yes that's me folks...

Craftycat Tue 12-Nov-19 11:32:17

Cancer. Water sign but I am quite wary of water as I nearly drowned at age of 3.
I am a very maternal person & I do recognise the 'going into my shell' that we Cancerians seem to do if any problem occurs.
I make friends easily but if I am let down I don't forgive easily.
I think this all makes me quite typical.
Married to a Scorpio so very different people!

okimherenow Tue 12-Nov-19 11:23:53

Classic Sagittarius but not sporty

Purplepoppies Tue 12-Nov-19 11:22:12

www.livescience.com/4667-astrological-sign.html

Purplepoppies Tue 12-Nov-19 11:20:03

I'm a cancerian. But I did read recently that our understanding of star signs isn't accurate and we're probably not the sign we think we are.....
So I tend to read Gemini too.
I often find traits of both.
I do love the sea. Its very calming to me. I'm definitely a home maker, a nurturer (cancerian traits)
I'm also outgoing, moody and selfish sometimes, very much Gemini traits!!

I was once hired because of my star sign! Bizarre, I know! Apparently the office needed a Cancerian ??

00mam00 Tue 12-Nov-19 11:13:16

Cancer and scarily true to my sign, except water, I love to be on it, but hate to be in it.

My OH is Pisces and not at all typical, maybe they got his birth date wrong grin we are supposed to be the perfect match and although we always seem to be at odds with each other, we have been married 52 years. So maybe there is something in it.

So that’s a few more clues for the information gatherers to sort through.

jenni123 Tue 12-Nov-19 11:01:41

Well we Pisceans seem to a bit thin on the ground on here. I think I am typical Pisces. caring, creative , sensitive, emotional, can hold a grudge.

AllTheLs Tue 12-Nov-19 11:01:00

Pisces. Absolutely not typical, apart from caring for animals and flowing in two opposite directions at the same time!

Oopsminty Tue 12-Nov-19 11:00:05

Pisces.

And yes, it appears so

However my sister is also a Pisces and you'll never find two people more different.

Witchypoo Tue 12-Nov-19 10:57:43

Libra. Typical

Apricity Tue 12-Nov-19 10:35:19

BradfordLass, there speaks a true Aquarian. Beware the woman with size 9 shoes and 2XL knickers.

Granzi Tue 12-Nov-19 10:33:15

Aquarius and yes.

BradfordLass72 Tue 12-Nov-19 10:24:22

I'm a typical Aquarian.

If anyone IS trying to gather information - I take a size 9 shoe and my knickers are 2XL.
I'm a crack pretty good shot, love porridge, hate coriander and if you stalk me I shall bash you.

Growing0ldDisgracefully Tue 12-Nov-19 10:18:28

Scorpio and probably true to type!