Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Thu 14-Nov-19 06:16:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet outside this morning in Brackley .
Yesterdays Xmas Dinner and Beatles songs do , was good the Hotel is between Coventry and Balsall Common.
There were two other groups, besides the coach trip I was , a U3A group from Coventry ,and what appears to be a singles group called the Valentines Club, based just down the road so to speak at Kidlington.
You had a raffle plus quiz based on the Beatles , fancy dress , theses were done either side of the 3 course lunch.
Mick

Marydoll Thu 14-Nov-19 16:23:35

Dragonfly, you were even nicer than I imagined!!!! grin

Ginny42 Thu 14-Nov-19 15:58:43

Dear Gilly I came on specially to see if you'd left a message. Sorry you're still suffering, but we know you'd be just as concerned if it was one of us in your shoes now. You are incredibly brave and as you see, you are in our thoughts every day. xx

nanaK54 Thu 14-Nov-19 15:53:18

gillybob sending kindest thoughts to you and your family flowers

Nannylovesshopping Thu 14-Nov-19 15:47:33

Dear Gilly keep keeping on, take care of you when you can.

dragonfly46 Thu 14-Nov-19 15:43:25

Thank you for posting Gilly - what Maw said, we are all so concerned for you.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted the pic Marydoll and left you to your illusions!!

mumofmadboys Thu 14-Nov-19 13:04:06

Love and prayers for you and yours Gillyx

Callistemon Thu 14-Nov-19 13:02:18

X post Rufus, I was thinking of all those Down Under too, glad you are not near the fires.

J52 Thu 14-Nov-19 13:01:33

Just read your post Gilly, so sorry to hear that your plight continues. Sending the very best wishes and hope for improvement.
There’s lots of people on here sending positive vibes for Mr Gilly. Keep posting you’re not alone ?

Callistemon Thu 14-Nov-19 13:01:05

This weather is dreadful, it has been pouring for hours; we had to go out on an errand this morning and i was thinking of all those who have been flooded and wishing we could send all this rain to Australia where they are in such dire need.

gillybob you're not ruining the thread, everyone is thinking of you and wanting to know how things are with you and your DH. I'm so sorry there doesn't seem to be any improvement, just holding you in my thoughts and sending positive best wishes your way flowers

Rufus2 Thu 14-Nov-19 12:55:41

losing my marbles as my INR is next Thursday
Ellan; Good evening and all GNetters. Our weather here is actually getting a feel of Spring' but unfortunately, further North they are getting more than a touch of Summer! sad
Ask your GP about that alternative INR medication I mentioned recently. Two tablets daily, no more blood tests, no more forgetting to check your calendar!
Good Luck! OoRoo

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 14-Nov-19 12:48:38

Good afternoon, I'm very late today. The rain is bouncing off the pavements in South Notts.
Just a quiet day - I was hoping to go out but I'm not venturing anywhere further than the dustbin or I'll get soaked.
Oh gillybob I feel for you and you most definitely are not spoiling this thread - this is what it's there for.
I think it's great that in this little on-line community you can get virtual support and I'm sure I speak for many when I say that we all wish we could do so much more.
Best wishes to anyone who's struggling with whatever life is throwing at them.

Urmstongran Thu 14-Nov-19 12:47:44

not to post if you didn't want to but I know that I worry when you dont post

Well put kitty my feelings exactly.
Thank you.

moggie Thu 14-Nov-19 11:58:39

Good morning Mick & all, glad you enjoyed you day out Mick Really heavy rain in Nottingham. Hope it stops soon, so miserable for those folk who are flooded. Drove DH to hospital for blood test, cannot believe how fast some motorists drive in this weather.
Thank you for update Gillybob thoughts & prayers with you & your DH.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

whywhywhy Thu 14-Nov-19 11:57:56

Good morning all from a very wet Market Harborough area.

Sending love and hugs to GillyBob.

We have just been to Rockingham to see the Rickshaw Challenge pass through and took a couple of photos. Matt Baker and his crew are amazing and so are the kids taking part. I felt like having a good cry.

I am still getting over the loss of my beautiful cat and taking each day as it comes.

Take care everyone.

Susan56 Thu 14-Nov-19 11:53:16

Thank you for updating us gilly, you are our friend and have supported so many of us and always given good advice,now it is our turn to support you which we all do with love.I too echo what everyone else has said.x

CaroleAnne Thu 14-Nov-19 11:23:15

I totally agree with Maw. If you want to join in and lessen the load a bit Gilly then you must. As Maw said we are all here to support you through your time of worry and sadness as I know you would do if it were someone else.
You are very brave and have so much to contend with. I think that I can speak for everyone here and say that our hearts go out to you. I am sending you healing thoughts and hope that some may get through and be of help.
Love from Carole.

NanKate Thu 14-Nov-19 10:54:45

We are with you all the way Gilly please keep posting. ?

NfkDumpling Thu 14-Nov-19 10:53:07

Ditto what everyone else has said much more eloquently than I could Gilly. Thanks so much for dropping in and updating us. XX

kittylester Thu 14-Nov-19 10:43:07

gilly I echo everything every one else has said.

I was one of the people who advised you not to post if you didn't want to but I know that I worry when you dont post.

We all want to know how things are and, as lots of people have said - you're one of us.

Grammaretto Thu 14-Nov-19 10:39:15

Thanks Gilly for the update. I wonder if the reduced oxygen means his body has fought off, or is at last fighting off, the infection?
I do so hope so. Maw definitely speaks for us all. We are big strong shoulders to support you both.

Others have their troubles too and this forum is a wonderful friend.

Auntieflo Thu 14-Nov-19 09:53:13

Gillybob. thank you for updating us. We all look for a word or two, when you have the time.
I am so sorry that there is no improvement for your dear DH, and we keep you in our hearts and prayers.
Never, ever, think you are selfish, how could we think such a thing?
Sometimes just writing your thoughts down, can be helpful.
We are all still here, and as has been said, if only there was something, anything, we could do, we would be there like a shot.
If there was, would you let us know?
Love and hugs to you and you family.

Mapleleaf Thu 14-Nov-19 09:49:20

Good morning all,

It's wet and grey here in South Yorkshire, with heavy rain predicted for later in the day which the poor souls affected by the flooding just do not need as the ground is still saturated.

A few indoor jobs to do, plus I must finish a letter I started yesterday and get it into the post.

gillybob thank you for taking the time to update us all. We are all hoping and praying that your DH will turn another corner towards recovery very soon, and also pray that you are looking after yourself in what is a terrible nightmare for you. Please do not think you are being selfish in posting. We are all here for you, sending positive thoughts every day and worry when we don't hear, although do understand if you feel you need to take a break from posting. However, if it helps you to post even a little bit each day, do so. We are your virtual shoulders and only wish we could offer more practical support. We will never tire of hearing from you.

To all attending appointments today, I hope they go well.

Marydoll, enjoy your shopping trip, but take plenty of breaks so you don't over tire yourself.

Take care everyone.

NannyJan53 Thu 14-Nov-19 09:38:10

It is good to hear from you gillybob, I was so hoping for better news. Do not think you are selfish and ruining the thread. We all care about you and we are all here to offer a virtual shoulder and hug. Wish there was more we can do.

JenniferEccles Thu 14-Nov-19 09:35:10

gillybob please don't think for one minute that you are ruining this thread. Nothing could be further from the truth.

On the contrary, folk on here are genuinely concerned about you and look for posts from you on a daily basis.

When several days went by with no news it was quite worrying.

You have said on several occasions how much it helps you to give daily updates on your poor man, so if you could spare a few minutes to do that, rest assured you are ruining nothing.

Wishing you strength gilly

Urmstongran Thu 14-Nov-19 09:31:27

Good morning everyone from sunny but windy Malaga. I’ve been trying to post for over an hour but the WiFi signal is weak sometimes. A bit frustrating but hey ho, if that’s all I’ve got to contend with.

Oh gillybob it’s so good to hear from you again, I just wished for better news for you and your family. Maw certainly speaks for all of us.

Just finishing my coffee then I plan to get dressed (well, it’s 10:30am here ... Lazygran!) and we will go downstairs to Juan’s for breakfast. It’s a very popular cafe bar full of locals. If the wind dies down this afternoon we might have a walk into Arroyo de la Miel which is a nice buzzy small town.

Hope Thursday is kind to us all whether we have any plans or none. I hope your oncology appointment goes well today dragonfly