Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Fri 15-Nov-19 06:12:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry at the moment here in Brackley, we have had some localised flooding with the River Great Ouse , whose source is to the north of the town , its also effect the Valley between Brackley and Buckingham as well.
A day of shopping etc , if weather remains will not go far today.
Mick

janzicb1 Fri 15-Nov-19 11:10:33

We have avoided flooding but all the surrounding fields are full and the river very high. This morning is sunny but cold. A welcome break from all the rain which returns soon I know. Hugs for the Gilly family - how brave she is and taking time to update. Just joined this forum and it’s fascinating to read everyone. Hugs to all

NanKate Fri 15-Nov-19 10:54:51

Morning Mick and All.

Still in West Sussex on GP duty. The boys had to dress up brightly for Children in Need today. The youngest insisted on wearing flimsy football shorts, he is the one with skin problems, allergies etc. As we walked to school in the cold and misly rain he said ‘I love feeling cold’ I suppose it stops any itching.

We go back home tomorrow to recover for a day or two and will be back on Wednesday.

All good and hopeful wishes to the Gillybobs.

Urmstongran Fri 15-Nov-19 09:46:50

Welcome Luvinthis
?

Grammaretto Fri 15-Nov-19 09:39:58

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is supposed to be fine for my morning outdoors but is anything but!
I love the Glasgow daily news too! Keep it up Marydoll
I have a house full again which is lovely but takes up time. Breakfast lasts at least an hour.
Thanks Gilly for taking the time to update us. Sending love as ever flowers (It's forget-me-nots)

Luvinthis Fri 15-Nov-19 09:38:43

Morning all. I've been reading all your posts for weeks on this forum but have never posted. But I feel I need to throw in my best wishes for all of those having tough times- seems there are too many to mention without risking someone feeling 'left oot'.
I'm in Nairobi for 10 days with DD1 and DGS. She is back at work (American contract so she went back at 3m), she has her first business trip without him next week so I'm here to hold the fort. Just need to get on witb it rather than dread all the things that might go wrong!

Much love and a glimmer of Kenyan sunshine to all who need it ?

Urmstongran Fri 15-Nov-19 09:35:32

Oh good - my post has landed! I left some bits out but one part was to you Marydoll I love reading your little novella every morning - you have a real talent to make us laugh on here!
?

Kalu Fri 15-Nov-19 09:32:25

Pleased to hear your appointment went well Dragonfly. Positives vibes to help you through chemo?

Urmstongran Fri 15-Nov-19 09:29:47

Good morning everyone from sunny Malaga. It’s cold and there’s a strong breeze but hopefully it’ll warm up later.

I tried to send a post an hour ago but the WiFi struggles intermittently. Hope this one goes! Perhaps best if I shorten the message.

Well done to you Pantglas doing yoga and strength building exercises. I cheat and just bring out a large handbag to push under the seat in front!

BlueSapphire enjoy your night out with your friendly neighbours! dragonfly I loved the photo of you wearing your wig - it really suits you! Lovely that your daughter managed to get to you last night.

We think we’ll eat out tonight - it seems to work well for us going out every other night. It’s not as expensive here!

Thinking of our miss gillybob and hope they catch a break soon. Life can be so unfair.

Hope Friday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

conor Fri 15-Nov-19 09:25:09

Thinking of Gillybobs as usualflowerssunshine
Just loving Marydoll's escapades! You make us smile every morning?and have got the amazing ability to find fun in everything!! Xxx

moggie Fri 15-Nov-19 09:13:07

Good morning Mick & all from damp Nottingham.
Check on DS’s puppy this morning & hopefully have a walk. Call at local shops on the way home.
Baking this afternoon, still getting used to new oven.
Visit my sister this evening, she’s off to New Zealand for a month next week to visit her DD & family & will be there for birth of her new GS.
Thoughts are with Gillybob & her DH.
Hope all not well, struggling or have worries have a better day.
Have s good day everyone.

EllanVannin Fri 15-Nov-19 09:05:05

Good Morning All x.

Looking slightly damp outside but not as cold as it was so I'll avoid putting the heating on in case I don't feel the benefit when the icicles are hanging. Bright and breezy now.

I could do with giving the place a real " bottoming " but haven't got the oomph at the moment. Unless I make a really early start on it, it just remains to be a flick over with the hoover and duster where I can see. Never mind.

Marydoll's posts never fail to make me smile, it's like reading a chapter of one of Monica Dickens's books---" One pair of Hands/Feet, they are hilarious.

Hope you don't feel too bad during your chemo. Dragonfly. I think you're doing so well , keep it up.

Thoughts to the Gillybobs whose welcome post yesterday kept us all up to date with how things were. Where there's life--------chin up girl but please look after yourself as best you can as it's so important xx Try and not to worry about " other things " for the time being.

Everyone else, stay well and mind how you go.

Anniebach Fri 15-Nov-19 08:54:05

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Auntieflo Fri 15-Nov-19 08:47:04

Good morning Michael, Annie and all .
It has been raining here and is grey and dreary, unfortunately, as we have a funeral to attend this afternoon.
Yesterday the weather was beautiful, (Murpy's law)

Our friend had arranged her funeral, (with changes, several times), ages ago, so I hope all goes as planned. She was a character, a one off, and we miss her and her comments on all and sundry.
Anyway, the car will be up to her standard, as DH gave it a thorough clean yesterday.

Special Friday best wishes to the Gillybobs and hopes that they have a peaceful weekend.
Have a good day one and all.

Sar53 Fri 15-Nov-19 08:41:05

Good morning everyone from a grey and damp Essex by the sea. The gardener for our block of flats arrived at 7.40 this morning, I think he's trying to get everything done before it rains.
Yesterday evening my DH's daughter asked him if we could go and look after their three children, a 5 year old and 2 1/2 year old twins whilst they went to the eldest's parents evening. They had been let down by a friend. Oh my goodness the screams from the twins as they left. We ended up cuddling one each, the little boy settled on my lap fairly quickly but the little girl sat on DH's lap and cried for about 20 minutes. You would think we were total strangers !! When their dad walked in about half an hour later they both started crying again.
I'm off to do some shopping once I am dressed, then some admin needs sorting.
My thoughts as always with Gillybobs and her DH.
Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Fri 15-Nov-19 08:39:39

Good morning from Shropshire.Its stopped raining?
We are off to the hospital this morning for my husband to have stitches removed and wound check.He is hoping for a much smaller dressing so he can start doing his rehabilitation exercises.Then into town as there will be no time to go home before taking DGD to school this afternoon so lunch out today.
Mary,you do get into some scrapes?I hope you get your steroid injection,they make such a difference.
Dragonfly glad your appointment went well.
Wishing everyone a good day and sending love to gilly.x

Greyduster Fri 15-Nov-19 08:38:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is damp and cold and very grey in South Yorkshire. Yesterday’s torrential rain has stopped for the moment. I am supposed to be going into town today but I don’t feel like it at all, so we’ll see. The only by product of our trip out yesterday was a parking ticket! DH says he isn’t going to pay it?! Thinking of Gilly and Mr Gilly this morning, and everyone who is struggling.

harrigran Fri 15-Nov-19 08:37:47

Good morning from a grey damp NE.
Quieter day for us as we are not doing any school runs or house sitting, DS is doing a full day at home and then bringing GD to stay for the weekend.
Thoughts, as always, are with gilly and her DH.

Kalu Fri 15-Nov-19 08:16:16

Good morning from another frosty start here in Glasgow.

First off, I missed your post yesterday gilly so thank you for taking the time to let us know how things are. We are all here to support you because we want to so please don’t ever feel you can’t as we are here for you just as you would be for any of us. I’m sorry there is no positive news for you yet. Stay strong and take care ?

Still a bit chaotic here as decorators continue but as I keep telling myself, all this disruption will be worth it?

Marydoll.......You should not be allowed out without a minder, blooming liability to other innocents??. Sorry your hand is so bad and hoping you will be allowed another injection, they do work miracles ?

Hope everyone has a pleasant day and strength to those who are having to struggle, what ever it may be.

fizzers Fri 15-Nov-19 08:15:39

Good morning from a grey and wet West Yorks, we also had a lot of rain overnight, it was so bad it kept me awake for a long time.

No plans for today, so maybe binge watch some Netflix.

Good luck to all those with plans for today

Alygran Fri 15-Nov-19 08:09:10

Good morning. Looks like we had lot of rain overnight in North Yorkshire. So pleased I got the bulk of the gardening done on Wednesday.
Off volunteering this morning then catching up with a friend this afternoon before she goes back to Spain. Jazz Club tonight.
Thank you for my early morning giggle Marydoll
Thinking of all those with challenges to face today.
Have a good day everyone

kittylester Fri 15-Nov-19 08:07:47

It just rained here, dragonfly but think it's stopped again!

Yiayia4 Fri 15-Nov-19 08:05:52

Morning all,another grey wet morning here.
No2 DS and DIL are coming today for the weekend, not seen them since August so really looking forward to seeing them.
Love as always to Gilly and hope you all have a good Friday.

dragonfly46 Fri 15-Nov-19 08:04:46

Thinking of and sending love to Gilly

dragonfly46 Fri 15-Nov-19 08:03:42

Good morning, thank goodness it’s dry in Leicestershire. We were driving through huge puddles coming back from the hospital yesterday.

A better day for going to the fair kitty.

Mary it could only happen to you!
Good luck at the hospital.

The oncologist was pleased with me yesterday so chemo going ahead today. Was out with a few friends last night, NWR National quiz, and they were complimenting me on my hair. They couldn’t believe it was a wig! My DD who wants to come today had her train cancelled from London but managed to arrive on another just before midnight.

Brunette10 Fri 15-Nov-19 07:54:17

Good Morning from a damp Fife, not nice at all since we've had the sun and frost the last few days. Well we are in for a very busy weekend, schools off today for 'inset' day so picking up 2 x DGS's at lunchtime and have them until Sunday afternoon. DD and SIL are off to a wedding down south and children haven't been invited sad. No matter hopefully we are all in for a real treat. Strictly will have to get recorded sad as that's the busy bath/bed time. No matter fun all around I hope. Thinking of gilly and anyone who also have worries just now. Have a good Friday.