Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(43 Posts)
12Michael Sat 16-Nov-19 06:13:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning, plan to go out today on the buses , but also expect to encounter localised flooding.
A Chinese take away later , will choose when at home later.
Mick

Urmstongran Sat 16-Nov-19 10:47:16

A late good morning from me in Malaga. It’s almost noon here. Boy it’s cold! Yes sunny (very) but there’s a biting wind.

I’m late to post because our dear neighbour who has become a friend over the years arrived yesterday afternoon back from a holiday in the U.K. visiting family in York and Knaresborough. She flew into Malaga and departing the aircraft realised someone had taken her cabin bag from the overhead bin stores by mistake!
?

She had a stressful time reporting it on her own, bless. She’s 84y and an anxious lady. I reassured her that it was likely to turn up as the majority of people are honest. She looked worn out. My husband asked her if she’d like a gin & tonic? ‘Ooh yes please I’d LOVE one!’ was the reply.

Long story short I’ve been in her apartment this morning (still in my pyjamas as you can with friends!) and it’s all sorted. A man returned her case this morning, picked up his own and she’s now in a taxi on the way back to the airport to be reunited with her own. She said his case (the only one left on the plane) didn’t look anything like hers - it wasn’t even the same colour! What a nuisance for her all round. Beggars belief really how the man didn’t check properly before waltzing off to his hotel!

Loved your tale from yesterday *Marydoll’! I can imagine your husband bustling you out of the hospital after that performance!

Ginny42 you SO deserve that bouquet! What a kind friend you are.

What a beautiful view from your son’s garden GG13 - quite stunning.

42 posts as I started my message and nothing from gillybob yet. Fingers and toes crossed for better news soon. Please know gilly you are constantly in our thoughts on here.

Hope Saturday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Mapleleaf Sat 16-Nov-19 09:56:36

Good morning all,

It's a grey, but for now, dry morning in South Yorkshire.
I haven't read all the posts as in a bit of a rush, but welcome to any newbies, and anyone feeling unwell hope you soon feel better.
Thinking of gillly and her DH.

Take care everyone and hope today is a good one.

conor Sat 16-Nov-19 09:35:38

Marydoll, you brighten our morning with your adventures and make the most mundane experience sound so much fun that we are all laughing along with you! So thank you for that!
As always, Gillybobs in our thoughts and hoping for that glimmer of sunshine xxxsunshine

GrannySomerset Sat 16-Nov-19 09:30:25

Trip to nearest town imminent so coffee out and perhaps buy a few more Christmas cards. I enjoy both sending and receiving cards and find an electronic one absolutely no substitute. And as we always buy charity cards feel we are doing some good as well. Otherwise no particular plans for what is at present a dry day.

Yiayia4 Sat 16-Nov-19 09:27:15

We live in Walton on Thames Dragonfly,know Hampton very well.

Susan56 Sat 16-Nov-19 09:23:50

Good morning from Shropshire.A dry,bright start to the day.
Have cancelled the plans we had for today so having a day at home catching up on everything and also doing some baking for DGD’s 4th birthday party tomorrow.
Mary,you really are a tonic and the way you deal with your pain and find humour in everything is inspiring.
Wishing everyone a good day and sending much love to gilly.x

love0c Sat 16-Nov-19 09:19:45

Morning NannyJan, I live up north but are down south at the moment. Going to have a walk along the beach. Enjoy your day!

dragonfly46 Sat 16-Nov-19 09:12:24

Hampton Court rings a bell with me YiaYia4. We used to live in Hampton village.

Anniebach Sat 16-Nov-19 09:11:49

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

harrigran Sat 16-Nov-19 09:09:32

Good morning from a dark wet NE, it really does look miserable out there.
GD here for the weekend but I can't imagine doing any long walks.
Thinking of the gillybobs and hoping for better news.

Alygran Sat 16-Nov-19 09:08:42

Good morning from North Yorkshire where it is still wet.
Off into the local town this morning then back to the village for a wander round our Christmas Market.
Marydoll thank you for making me laugh again. Your spirit is inspirational.
Thinking of Gilly and those with struggles.
Travellers enjoy the sunshine and views.
Hope today is kind to you all.

Greyduster Sat 16-Nov-19 09:07:36

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Another grey day in South Yorkshire. I am having a day in the kitchen today making pies. I’m hoping that, if I smile nicely at him, DH will offer to declutter and defrost the freezer for me! It’s cold in the garage and I don’t want to do it!
Thoughts with Gilly as always, and all those with troubles.

NannyJan53 Sat 16-Nov-19 08:57:13

Good Morning from a very soggy Black Country.

Didn't do a lot yesterday, housework and made a batch of mince pies. They are very yummy! I tried the Paul Hollywood recipe. The mincemeat is homemade by my dear 89 year old Mum. All the family and friends get a couple of jars!

Marydoll you really can tell a story and I think you should be published. Your posts brighten up this thread! Considering the pain you are in I think you are a marvel!

Welcome to the thread love0c whereabouts in the country are you? Ginny you are indeed a wonderful friend

Love and best wishes to gilly you are in my thoughts constantly.

moggie Sat 16-Nov-19 08:53:05

Thoughts are withGillybob & her DH.

oldgaijin Sat 16-Nov-19 08:50:31

Good morning from a dreich, grey Aberdeenshire. bod

The sheets that I washed on Thursday are still sitting so I shall put them on the drying rack in the greenhouse.

May go to a Victorian tea and craft sale this afternoon but it depends if I nod off in the chair.

The mutt and I are away to the woodies and hope to meet a friend and her new dog...could be a new doggie pal, could be a dog fight. Watch this space!

moggie Sat 16-Nov-19 08:50:19

Good morning Mick & all from damp & cloudy Nottingham. We’re off to Castleton for the weekend with friends. Hoping to go to Blue John or Speedwell mine tomorrow if it’s open after effects of all the rain.
Love reading your posts Marydoll, I’m going to New York too in December with DD.
Stunning view Grannygravy13
I try to do 8 - 10,000 steps everyday too Desjumeaux17
Enjoy your good weather all those on holiday.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Sar53 Sat 16-Nov-19 08:41:03

Good morning everyone from a dry Essex by the sea. Off to town later to spend a voucher I have had since my birthday in June. It's for M.....n, a lovely soft jumper I saw the other day with £15 off the price. Probably visit GC later.
Mary your posts brighten the morning. My DH has had both hips replaced twice and cannot put his own socks on, he has a gadget to help him when I am not there and a shoe horn to help with his shoes.
Thinking of Gilly and her husband.
I hope you all have a lovely Saturday.

NfkDumpling Sat 16-Nov-19 08:34:30

Morning All

High cloud here in Norfolk and it’s not supposed to rain this morning so I’m intending to hang the washing out.

DH is still languishing with a cold so we won’t be going far. Perhaps I may even get those rotting hosta leaves cleared up.

Hopefully the brighter weather is a good sign and things will look better too for all in dire straights - especially the Gillybobs.

(And thank you Marydoll - love your ‘blog’)

love0c Sat 16-Nov-19 08:34:01

Morning everyone. Thank you so much for all the 'hello's' yesterday! Looks quite a nice day here today. Cold but sunny. A good day for a brisk walk.

Grammaretto Sat 16-Nov-19 08:33:06

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Looking bright and sunny for a change.
I'm meeting a NZ lassie for coffee at the craft fair this morning.
Marydoll you crease me up. I can't get the waiting room vision out of my head, esp the sparkly socks!!
GG what a view!
I hope y'all have a good day and Gilly thoughts and hopes are with you. Xx

Nanabanana1 Sat 16-Nov-19 08:23:26

Morning everyone very grey here in Torbay this morning,
Not a lot going on today, doggie walk then see what the day brings.
Good wishes to everyone xx

Yiayia4 Sat 16-Nov-19 08:22:34

Morning all, dry and looks clear today.
Marydoll I so relate to the socks and boots I need a shoe horn but of course you can't really take it out with you.You have such a have a great attitude and I hope you get to The Big Apple.

Showing DIL Hampton Court today,we only live a couple of miles away but being a northern lass she's never been.

Love to the Gillybobs and hope everyone has a good Saturday.

aggie Sat 16-Nov-19 08:22:00

Morning All , lovely crisp morning here , we are going on a visit to a nearby park , it involves a Fairy Door trail and coffee and cakes , youngest GD will lead the way .
Marydoll I had the same problem with socks before I got my new hip ..... just saying ! Now my excuse is my tummy getting in the road ?

vena11 Sat 16-Nov-19 08:15:40

Good morning from a damp Bristol.
Not much on for me today, joints very sore always worse with the wet weather so just a bit of house work.
I hope everyone has a lovely Saturday.
As always I am thinking of gillybob

Ginny42 Sat 16-Nov-19 08:01:04

Marydoll you are a tonic! You must be in a lot of pain yet you see humour in every situation. They tend not to do hip replacements for no good reason, so you are clearly very stoic about your discomfort. Love the socks. I have some similar with sparkly snow crystals on them.

Take good care of yourself.

Wonderful view grannygravy. One you will never forget. Thank you for sharing.