Gransnet forums

Chat

Where have all our old friends gone?

(167 Posts)
grapefruitpip Sat 16-Nov-19 19:04:23

It's so sad when special people disappear. Any news on the recently departed?

Marydoll Sat 16-Nov-19 21:11:07

There has been no further contact since her message. Amagram.
Hopefully she is reading all the good wishes and will reconsider.

BradfordLass72 Sat 16-Nov-19 22:09:58

My recently departed dear friend, Kamal has sent no news back as far as I am aware.

His family are still grieving of course, he only died in September after all.
I miss him a lot.

dragonfly46 Sat 16-Nov-19 22:19:12

Please come back Daniella I miss your posts.

SirChenjin Sat 16-Nov-19 22:22:11

Daniella??! She’s not going to be happy with that grin

sharon103 Sat 16-Nov-19 22:22:25

Come back Gabriella, I enjoyed reading your posts. smile
I haven't seen Tillybelle on here for a while or the lady that lived on a narrowboat.
Hope all is well

crazyH Sat 16-Nov-19 22:35:50

Gabriella has not been happy with me on one occasion, but I appreciate her candour..

KatyK Sat 16-Nov-19 22:37:15

Hello Bellanonna Bless you for noticing smile I'm OK thank you, just a few things going on. Good wishes to all.

Gaunt47 Sat 16-Nov-19 22:40:21

I too thought Gabriella's posts were always worth reading, they were controversial at times, but that's what discussions are all about. And she was able to give as good as she got. So I wondered if she'd received some nasty PMs, and they led her to withdraw.

GagaJo Sat 16-Nov-19 22:44:46

I'd thought this was going to be about late GN's members, as in DEAD and gone. Can't see the point discussing members who're hale and hearty but have just stopped using the site.

Bellanonna Sat 16-Nov-19 22:44:51

Katy, glad you’re ok ?

grapefruitpip Sat 16-Nov-19 22:50:14

I started a thread in having not been aware that somebody had left.

I was not aware because I am not part of the clique and I don't spend every waking hour attached to/policing threads.

It was a genuine mistake.

hey ho.

mcem Sat 16-Nov-19 23:06:10

Frankly I can do without smug and snobbish boasting on GN. I don't appreciate blatant declarations along the lines of I'm alright, Jack. Constant nit-picking and criticism of the grammar and spelling of posters have no place on GN and I don't miss the constant unpleasantness one bit!

Amagran Sun 17-Nov-19 01:58:35

We all bring something different to the table on Gransnet - fun, dry humour, coarse humour, wisdom, sadness, pain, intellect, empathy, tough love, strong uncompromising views, sympathy, vulnerability, a sense of superiority/ inferiority, compassion, closed mindedness, open mindedness, humility,..... a tendency to preach blush...……...I'm sure you could all add more.

There is no right or wrong - we are who we are and the way we are. Our genes and our life stories have made us that way. It's what makes the threads so interesting to read and participate in.

The one thing that we can all bring to the table, is respect for each other and each other's views.

Jane10 Sun 17-Nov-19 07:40:41

I was brought up to believe that if one can't say anything nice about a person not to say anything at all. I'm saying nothing. ?

Marydoll Sun 17-Nov-19 08:49:32

Very good post Amagran, measured and sensible.

I just can't understand why some people feel the need to make a dig at other posters. Just agree to disagree and move on!

Marydoll Sun 17-Nov-19 08:53:09

Gabriella has posted on the Good Morning Sunday thread!

JenniferEccles Sun 17-Nov-19 08:53:37

I also miss Gabriella . I do hope she is just taking a break and will come back.

I always enjoyed reading her posts which could be controversial but there is nothing wrong with that.

It will be a very sad day indeed when we have to closely monitor everything we say in case somebody somewhere might be offended.

I fear we could be heading that way though.

eazybee Sun 17-Nov-19 09:00:50

Just to say, Amagran, how much I agree with your posts, particularly with regard to Gabriella, and the nastiness directed towards her by certain posters; I miss her posts.

Bathsheba Sun 17-Nov-19 09:04:20

I started a thread in having not been aware that somebody had left.
It was a genuine mistake.

You started this thread after your other thread was deleted - in that thread it was pointed out that 'somebody' had left hmm

SirChenjin Sun 17-Nov-19 09:14:26

I’m guessing that “a thread” is a reference to the other thread - which incidentally was not offensive in any way

petra Sun 17-Nov-19 09:15:55

What happened to 'Lessismore'? She posted on a lot of threads and then, gone.

Pantglas2 Sun 17-Nov-19 09:24:32

Day6 hasn’t been around for a while either.

dragonfly46 Sun 17-Nov-19 09:25:48

Sorry Gabriella I was very tired last night but you knew I meant you!

BlueBelle Sun 17-Nov-19 09:31:09

I got told off big time from Gabriella for spelling her name wrong She was never someone I related too but I would never bully anyone they have as much right as me to post on here
I thought she was quite out of order correcting people’s spelling and grammar but if that’s her way that’s her way and I never picked her up on it
Live and let live You can’t like everyone

Why was the other thread deleted ? I only saw the first few posts did it get nasty ?

Amagran Sun 17-Nov-19 09:32:38

eazybee smile

Lovely post from GabriellaG54 on the Good Morning thread.