Gransnet forums

Chat

Christening gift

(7 Posts)
NonnaW Sun 17-Nov-19 21:23:15

Hi, looking for advice on what to get for a christening gift for our lovely grandson ( strictly speaking, husbands grandson, my step-grandson). We’d like to get something unusual but we are stuck for ideas. Can anyone help with some ideas please?

B9exchange Sun 17-Nov-19 21:52:58

Not unusual, but probably the present with the most long term use would be a savings account to which you could add until he is 18. You could add in a beautifully coloured Children's Bible since it is his Christening you are celebrating.

mcem Sun 17-Nov-19 22:08:06

My GS was christened last week. Of his many lovely gifts, Daddy was happiest with the gift from the godfather. A lovely wooden engine with 3 carriages and personalised - R........'s Express!
Built to the same gauge as brio so plenty of additions in the offing.
Not sure of maker but might be able to find out if interested.
He also had a half-pint pewter tankard, kilt pin, pen in engraved case and lovely Noah's Ark bookends. Coincidentally there's also a wooden Noah's Ark playset. Lots more but don't know about them yet.
Enjoy your GS. Mine is a bright wee gem (and was bonnier in the christening robe than Daddy had been!)

Summerlove Sun 17-Nov-19 22:20:34

I loved bunnykins plates or sets as christening gifts

Helennonotion Sun 17-Nov-19 22:23:10

The Royal Mint have some lovely gift ideas, some especially for babies. Both my children were bought the 'coins of the realm' set from the year they were born. The new Snowman 50p silverproof coin is beautifully presented in an acrylic block with an accompanying booklet. Lovely for a seasonal Christening!

NonnaW Mon 18-Nov-19 15:01:40

Thanks for the suggestions. I quite like the idea of the set of coins. I suspect the Bible will be provided by his paternal granny.

QuaintIrene Mon 18-Nov-19 15:46:39

I second the bunnykins sets. They are adorable. I bought one for my Godson 30 years ago and they have pride of place in his cabinet today. His gran knitted a shawl and it will be worn at his baby’s christening in the new year.