Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Thu 21-Nov-19 06:13:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but it looks dry for a start this morning.
Yesterday, I did manage to buy Lenny Henrys new autobiography call " Who am I , again" it is a signed copy as well, so for £20 well worth it.
Today , bus trips out to Bicester via Buckingham and reverse journey , my usual café stops in Bicester around 12,and then getting back to Buckingham at about 2`ish for another coffee , I then sit out waiting for the bus back home just before 4.
Mick

Rufus2 Sat 23-Nov-19 02:15:17

another retired teacher! ??
I'm one too! GN seems to attract us, I wonder why?
Marydoll; It must be another manifestation of those mysterious forces that impel pods of whales to strand themselves on beaches! grin
There could be a better analogy, but I can't think of one just now.!
As someone once said "God fulfills himself in many ways, his wonders to perform"
Good Breaching! hmm

MawB Fri 22-Nov-19 00:05:50

Somebody is pushing the boundaries at 23.17!

Nannytopsy Thu 21-Nov-19 23:17:02

And I am a retired teacher too. So is Mr Topsy!

Marydoll Thu 21-Nov-19 22:45:35

Oooooohhh, we are indeed in danger of becoming a clique.?☹️??

dragonfly46 Thu 21-Nov-19 22:09:35

I am a retired teacher also.

Urmstongran Thu 21-Nov-19 21:33:15

?
Oh noooooooo! I’m surrounded.

BlueSapphire Thu 21-Nov-19 21:19:34

I'm a retired teacher too....

GabriellaG54 Thu 21-Nov-19 20:04:16

Marydoll????????️...????
???

I only have one ??

Marydoll Thu 21-Nov-19 19:02:43

Gabrielle, Faux fur of course and I have a few FAUX fur coats, all bought at rock bottom prices in the sales. ?

Susan56 Thu 21-Nov-19 18:06:34

Thank you Mary.x

Urmstongran Thu 21-Nov-19 17:50:35

Phew!! That’s a relief conor
?

conor Thu 21-Nov-19 17:28:00

Don't worry Urmstongran as there is no end of term reports on here!
Just lovely to read and share the goings on in everyone's daily life and the enormous support for people with worries or troubles! ?Xxx

NfkDumpling Thu 21-Nov-19 17:14:04

Good Evening All

Been out since early as DH got up early! Just checking in to see how Mr G is progressing. Sounds as if he’s holding his own. Hang in there Gilly. flowers XX

GabriellaG54 Thu 21-Nov-19 16:34:35

Is his signature worth £14.01?
Not in my book.

Urmstongran Thu 21-Nov-19 16:22:19

Wot, another teacher on these threads! Gud job my grammer and speling are desent enuf conor as wiv you lot on hear I mite get to feel a bit nervous about mixing wiv you all!
?

conor Thu 21-Nov-19 16:02:29

Forgot to add a little bit moresunshinefor Gillybobs and so pleased that she hasn't forgotten how to laugh;certainly the best medicine for the soul! Xxx

GabriellaG54 Thu 21-Nov-19 15:56:59

Whoa Marydoll not real fur...???

Marydoll Thu 21-Nov-19 12:34:27

Susan, I hope you can get things sorted ASAP. ?

Marydoll Thu 21-Nov-19 12:32:50

Conor, another retired teacher! ??
I'm one too! GN seems to attract us, I wonder why? wink

Susan56 Thu 21-Nov-19 12:14:23

Hi conor??and thank you Ellan.x

conor Thu 21-Nov-19 12:10:51

Hello everyone!! Have been reading this lovely thread for ages but never posted until Gillybobs started her hospital blog and of course was so moved by everything she is going through so forgot to introduce myself!!
I live in S. Essex and am a retired teacher but still go into school voluntary 3 times a week! Just for the gossip really but do help out, I think!!
I have two lovely DGS age 3 & 7 and another? on the way next Feb. I look after them twice a week with the occasional sleepover as they only live 5 minutes away.
My DH died over 15 years ago but my house is always busy so never feel lonely. So hopefully that's enough about me and I may post again now you know me!! Xxxxsmile

NanKate Thu 21-Nov-19 12:03:46

Hi Marydoll. Thanks for the screenshots will try them out when I am back home. Still on GP duties.

We told the boys last night that they had restricted time on the IPads and then we would all play a game. They decided I had to play ghost granny and chase them round the darkened house with G’dad videoing it. I have to say I found it all rather scary and was lucky not to fall down the darkened stairs! The boys were squealing with delight.

However the youngest aged 6 woke us at midnight as he was having a nightmare. Why am I not surprised. I’m not sure our DS would approve of our antics.

Grammaretto Thu 21-Nov-19 12:01:45

I'm glad that you were able to laugh Gilly it will be a tonic.
We are all willing him to pull through and for you to keep strong. xxxx

EllanVannin Thu 21-Nov-19 11:59:39

A steady 21 is my comfort zone. It's like a heatwave to me after putting up with no central heating and a temperature of 15 and below through a cold winter, with just a very expensive electric fire in one room.
How I ever managed in a cold bathroom I'll never know now, but I must have been a tough old bird. I don't miss that !

Just a PS from this morning.My INR was acceptable at 2.3 which I'm glad about seeing as the dosage is still reduced, then the nurse decided to vaccinate me against shingles so I can feel the arm getting slightly sore----and hot.
I don't need a repeat of the pneumonia jab as it was a one-off in 2006. Only for those with lung and breathing problems. So thank goodness for that !

Gillybob, there was a local man who'd served in one of the forces and who'd suffered a severe head injury a few years ago. He was in a coma for three months and came through it all.

Susan56 hope all will be well with you.

Marydoll Thu 21-Nov-19 11:40:19

Gabriella, a constant 16 degrees would have me in A&E!
When I come down early in the morning, the temp is usually about 16 degrees and it hurts my chest!

People with respiratory conditions and heart disease are advised to have an ambient temperature of at least 21 degrees.
I feel the cold dreadfully and would love to be able to wear light clothing.
I'm the woman you see in summer , wearing a fur coat. wink grin