Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(47 Posts)
12Michael Sun 24-Nov-19 06:18:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning.
Anyway , yesterday I brought some Gift Cards in Sainsbury ,and got 2 of the same this gave me 20% off , so take note.
But today, I am again going on day trip by coach of course , to the Gloucester Quays Victorian Xmas Market , I did it last year, so getting around will be easier .
Plan to go into to the Wagamama restaurant for a meal then browse, pubs etc, plus cathedral, but you dropped off by the discount retail outlet which contains a Cadburys shop, plan to buy a few bags of misshapes .
Mick

Auntieflo Sun 24-Nov-19 17:53:22

Hi Pantglas. I've unpacked it, and said to DH that we could have chips one day soon. ?
I did have a quick read of the booklet, and see that you can make cake. in it.
Well I never!

Pantglas2 Sun 24-Nov-19 16:50:07

I’ve bought an air fryer this morning Auntieflo - we can compare notes later on once we’ve had a few trial runs!

Auntieflo Sun 24-Nov-19 16:00:08

Sorry that I am so late today, but Good Day to one and all.
We went out earlier than usual to Church this morning, in order to secure a parking space, as our town is having a Winter Fair. Some streets will be closed and so long queues around the remaining routes.
We joined friends for coffee after the service, then had a wander round some of the craft stalls in a couple of the church rooms, where we were tempted by some lovely things. Later we wandered into the town centre, where there were throngs of people. It was a lovely atmosphere, and like it used to be, before the town was regenerated, and loads of building was going on.
Then back into Church for a hot drink and a toasted tea cake, before tackling ALDI for an Air Fryer. Do I need another gadget?
Home to another pot of tea, and I have made on a sausage casserole, to slow cook for later this evening.
Now I shall do a bit of crocheting, (or I might have a snooze)

Lisagran Sun 24-Nov-19 15:11:32

Good morning, Gillybob - thinking of you x

It’s Good afternoon now - forgot to ‘post’ this!

EllanVannin Sun 24-Nov-19 11:52:50

Good Morning All x Just !

Damp, grey but not as cold as it was. I was up early enough pottering, breakfasting then sat down to watch the news------but tv was tuned into " Talking Pictures " as I switched on.

A film was just starting so I continued to watch it, The Wicked Lady with Margaret Lockwood. It's not long finished and although I'd seen it before I enjoyed just sitting back and seeing it again.

Haven't a clue what's in the news though I doubt I'm missing much.
I noted that someone had a casserole on the go and that's what I've got for today for a change, which is why I was able to sit back. Just the mash to do later and a " pointy " cabbage.

Gilly, the antibiotics and other drugs will make DH hallucinate so I wouldn't worry too much, he'll come down to earth soon enough. You must now try and wean yourself into some sort of your normal routine, for your own sake xx

Healing wishes also go to Dragonfly and Marydoll with your own on-going problems.
Anyone else who's suffering I hope you pick up as the day goes.

NfkDumpling Sun 24-Nov-19 10:59:32

Morning All

Just surfaced from a leisurely bath. I really should be doing something useful. It’s a grey, still autumn day here in the north of Norfolk, and feeling quite warm too so I may go into the garden for a potter after I’ve had my coffee.

My mum had awful hallucinations when she was on opiates Gilly. She kept asking what was really and were there really rats running along the shelf. Can they change his medications at all? I hope you’re getting support too. It’s difficult to see the improvements when you’re there all the time.

And take it easy Mary and dragonfly I think you’re all the bravest of the brave. flowers

Annapops Sun 24-Nov-19 10:52:10

The valley behind us is shrouded in mist this morning. Looks like another dull, murky day for us here in Durham.

I simply must get housework done today. My last chance as we are on childcare duties for two days from tomorrow. Also the remainder of my present wrapping needs to be done.

Yesterday's visit to a local garden centre broke up the day for us. The Christmas decorations there become more tempting as each year passes......but honestly, do I really need anymore?

Wishing Gilly the strength she needs to continue on this long journey with her DH.

Hoping you all have a day better than our weather at the moment. X

dragonfly46 Sun 24-Nov-19 10:40:25

Don't worry Ella happens to the best of us - welcome.

BlueSapphire Sun 24-Nov-19 10:36:38

A very late good morning from a damp and dull Northampton.

I woke at 6.30, turned over and went back to sleep till 8.30 - unheard of for me! And then found that my phone had died overnight and my Kindle Fire needed a good charge. So I have had a bacon butty and done yesterday's crossword while waiting. Just about to make a coffee.

I thoroughly enjoyed the film 'The Good Liar ' yesterday, a very intriguing story. Highly recommended.

Spent yesterday evening watching yesterday's Saints rugby match on tv which I had recorded. Happy to say we had a win against Treviso in Italy.

Planning on making mince pies for the freezer this afternoon, then after dinner will settle down to watch His Dark Materials.

Take care everyone, especially Gilly, and hope your day goes well.

EllaKeat Sun 24-Nov-19 10:35:44

Well that did not work!

Have a cuppa and a piece of cake instead! Who needs flowers ?

EllaKeat Sun 24-Nov-19 10:34:45

Oh Gillybob, it must be so hard. I do hope things turn the corner soon.
Anniebach are you okay? I have loitered here for so long before posting this week that I feel I 'know' people, and you just sound a bit down at the moment.
Whether you are or not, have a peaceful and warm Sunday flowers

Grammaretto Sun 24-Nov-19 10:32:46

Oh dear Gilly flowers garlic for its antibiotic properties.

When my DH was on morphine for pain relief, in hospital, he suffered hallucinations and fears and kept crying out for me. He can still remember the horrors of it and he never wants opiates again.
Could there be a similar drug intolerance with your DH?

Lins1066 Sun 24-Nov-19 10:05:17

Good Morning from a dry S Welsh coast.
Hope you enjoy your visit to Gloucester Mick. DH has a lot of ancestors from there,including one who was known locally as Granny Gloucester.
I like to support the High Street but have had to do my shopping online this year, I prefer to see before I buy if possible.
A pleasant Sunday to all.
? for gilly

Anniebach Sun 24-Nov-19 09:57:25

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Gilly, I hold you in my prayers and thoughts x

Urmstongran Sun 24-Nov-19 09:54:22

Oh gillybob here we all are feeling delighted for you and yet some of our enthusiasm might be a bit out of kilter with the reality of the situation. I feel your pain and my heart goes out to you. x

vena11 Sun 24-Nov-19 09:27:32

Gillybob flowers

gillybob Sun 24-Nov-19 09:25:48

Good morning from the NE coast.

Thank you all so much again for your good wishes.

DH is still managing to breath on his own with the help of a small oxygen mask placed over the tracheostomy tube. They have managed to reduce the flow too which is a good sign but his Temperature was raised yesterday so waiting for the microbiologist to decide whether to restart some antibiotics or not.

He was awake on and off yesterday but I really don’t think he knew who I was . He kept reaching out for things that weren’t there so doctors think he may be suffering from hallucinations and delirium . Very distressing to think that he might be lying there terrified.

It feels like one step forward and 5 back .

I hope Sunday is kind to everyone .

Love Gillybob x

Greyduster Sun 24-Nov-19 09:25:41

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Mick I love Misshapes (save me some!), and Wagamama’s! Dry here in South Yorkshire and very very foggy, which is a tad worrying as DS is driving down to have lunch and then go to the Man U match with DH. They’ll be lucky to find parking without a long walk to the ground today. Anyway, I had better shake a leg or there will be no lunch!

vena11 Sun 24-Nov-19 09:25:17

Good Morning from Bristol another dull and damp day hopefully tomorrow will be better,
DS and DGC coming for lunch and hopefully a nice walk after.
I hope everyone has a lovely day enjoy your trip Mick don't eat to much chocolate.

Curlywhirly Sun 24-Nov-19 09:20:40

Good Morning from a very grey, miserable Cheshire. Relaxing day today, dog walk with DH and maybe call into a 'dog friendly' pub for a drink then on to DS's for late Sunday lunch; looking forward to seeing our two grandchildren. Then quiet night settling down to watch second episode of 'War of the Worlds'. Really pleased to hear Gillybob's news, at last there's light at the end of the tunnel, and so pleased she is having a day looking after her grandchild, just the tonic she needs. Best wishes to everybody and hope you all have a good day.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 24-Nov-19 09:20:37

Morning all from a very damp South Notts.
Hope to shop later and get back to my usual routine after a busy week. My energy levels should return to normal. I quietly nodded off while watching my friend in an amateur production and to my shame I'll never know who the murderer was!
Sending best wishes to all those with worries or problems.

Susan56 Sun 24-Nov-19 09:12:31

Good morning from Shropshire.
Another day of enforced rest today?got a change of medication but very apprehensive to start it.
Corner,I feel your pain over the photobook.I think I had to lie down in a darkened room after the last time I made one!
Mick,am very envious of your trip and wagamama’s is one of my favourite restaurants.
Sending best wishes to Mary,dragonfly and all under the weather.
Hope the improvements in your dear husbands condition continue gilly.Sending love and prayers.x

loopylou Sun 24-Nov-19 09:11:40

Good morning to you all, 'tis a soggy start to Sunday here in north Wiltshire. DH and I are cogitating where to go to today, I need a walk and some fresh air. Our first choice isn't open so I guess it'll take another half hour to agree on somewhere else ??
It's going going to be wet wherever we end up (hopefully with a pub lunch as an incentive!)

harrigran Sun 24-Nov-19 09:01:44

Good morning from an overcast NE, it did stop raining eventually but yesterday was a washout.
Electric adjustable bed collapsed yesterday so we are going to have to buy a new bed for GD's room. I would not recommend them, so heavy, took hours to take it apart so that GD could go to bed.
Family life too busy for Christmas shopping, GC will get something but not on the scale of previous years.
Love to gilly and her DH.

Nannytopsy Sun 24-Nov-19 08:59:32

Been awake on and off all night with the grandchildren. One was sick, the other had a temperature and a cough! We shall have a snooze later when they have gone!
They are off to get their Christmas tree today, whereas we get ours the weekend before Christmas. Theirs comes down straight after Christmas , ours on twelfth night.