Gransnet forums

Chat

so annoyed .....

(37 Posts)
travelsafar Sun 24-Nov-19 08:26:13

I ordered online a set of matching suitcases for my DD as a gift for xmas. I thought yes the perfect gift. Someone stayed home on the day they were to be delivered but no they didn't arrive. I left it another day thinking, well its bound to be delayed its the busy season. On the next day i rang to enquire where they were only to be told they were out of stock!! Why did they take my order and money the week previous if they were out of stock???? It will take up to 5 working days to refund my money. So they have had my money for effectively over 10days and i have no gift!!! To top it all when i went onto their webpage the items are still online for sale so other people will also be trapped into this cycle if they decide to purchase them. Why do companies believe this to be acceptable behaviour!!!

Growing0ldDisgracefully Mon 25-Nov-19 10:47:47

I'm seething about an eBay bid I won over a week ago and for which I immediately paid.. After several days the seller cancelled without any communication with me and refunded the payment. To cut a long story of emails short, they have now admitted they wanted more than my winning bid (though had not put a reserve on the item). I pointed out that winning the bid and paying was a legally binding contract so they said they would send the items. I said I would repay their mistaken refund but am still waiting for the necessary invoice, suspect I will never get that or the items. The refund is not an issue, it is their disgraceful attitude I'm cross about. I'm an eBay seller myself, always abide by the agreed protocols, take pride in delivering a good service and have very good feedback. Ebay have just said that if they relist the items they will take this sellers account down, but unfortunately that doesn't supply me with the items which should have been sent to me. Grrrr!

tallulahbelle Sun 24-Nov-19 19:29:55

Name and shame this company....totally unacceptable.

grandma60 Sun 24-Nov-19 17:27:45

I had a completely different experience when I ordered Boots online from Jules. I paid by credit card and about an hour later got a very apologetic email explaining that the boots were out of stock and they had refunded my money.
A few days later they emailed another apology along with a £20 voucher.
I was very impressed with their service despite the initial error.

Jaycee5 Sun 24-Nov-19 17:26:40

Conni7 It was a return (hence my reference to a faulty lap top). They had been received but took forever to refund the money. Imagine the interest they make given the number of returns they must have.

lindadoughty650 Sun 24-Nov-19 17:17:02

I am having considerable difficulties with a firm Irisruby. On 9th October I ordered seven items from them. They deal in various colourful accessories. One for me and the others as gifts, two of them for Hallowe'en. To date I have received two items on the list. Emails seeking information are replied with automated emails asking for the information I supplied in my first email, and then they say it will be delivered in 10 days. I am on my third round of complaints, with always exactly the same responses from them. I do not feel like writing off almost £100 so I will persevere. My next step is to complain every single day and see what happens.

Christable Sun 24-Nov-19 15:37:08

I ordered made to measure curtains and 2 blinds from John Lewis and have had terrible service. I had to pay for them beginning of October which I understand as they are making them.
Im still working so took half day holiday to have them fitted 5 weeks ago. 15 mins before they was due to arrive JL phoned me to say the fitter couldn’t make it so it was rebooked for last Tuesday. So I took another half days holiday and when the fitter arrived he had a rude manner about him which I didn’t like. He forgot to put the curtain pole on his van so couldn’t fit the curtains. I’ve arranged for them to be fitted tomorrow now. I have no holiday left from work so I’ve got to take time off unpaid.
I’m very disappointed with the service John Lewis provides. I’ve emailed them and told them so and they replied they will look into training their staff.
What do you think? Is this acceptable?

Conni7 Sun 24-Nov-19 14:22:26

I have never been charged by Amazon until they have dispatched the goods.

LuckyFour Sun 24-Nov-19 14:14:19

Travalsafar

Get yourself into town and buy the suitcases from a shop. Keep the town centres alive. It may seem easy to buy on line but if complications arise like this situation then it gives you more problems and a load of hassle.

ALANaV Sun 24-Nov-19 13:22:26

Go to the store (if it was not an online order) and say loudly at Customer Service desk (wait until there are a few people around) ; I am sorry to have to complain but I have not received my suitcases (show them the e mail) and I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW …….and hopefully they will call management ...especially if your voice is loud enough ...and he/she can refund immediately the money ….if nothing get onto the company's OWN FB page and complain ….worked for me with S...b...s only a few weeks ago ! shameful ...especially at Christmas when they know people are buying things for gifts ! gggggrrrr

Jaycee5 Sun 24-Nov-19 13:21:16

Go to Trustpilot and put a review. They get notified of it and a lot of companies will respond when something gets enough publicity.
Also go to their facebook page and put a comment there. They will try to get you to PM them or email to take it off the public forum but at least people will know.
It took nearly 3 weeks for Amazon to send me back over £800 for a faulty lap top and the initiating company sent me a screenshot showing that they had sent the money to them the day they received the lap top back to me.

Tigertooth Sun 24-Nov-19 12:58:18

Same experience with 'ON the beach holidays" Only after they have taken your money do they check availability - and the contact you with alternate flights and accomodation - so infuriating, esp if you've booked last minute - unless you have lots of money to play with to book with a different company, you either have to wait 3 days for the refund-in which case you may not find an alternative, or accept what they offer.
I was so furious I decided that I'd rather have a refund and not go anywhere than to be manipulated in this way.

Damdee Sun 24-Nov-19 12:29:06

Thanks for that - I had never heard of them. Useful to know!

SiobhanSharpe Sun 24-Nov-19 12:12:37

If you do Twitter you could also tweet the company as well as the MD in person. Name should be on their website.
Companies really don't like their, er, mistakes to be held up to the light.
It also occurs to me that this kind of practice improves their cash flow and accounts (albeit temporarily) in the run up to Christmas, which this year could well be a difficult one for traders.

Jaye53 Sun 24-Nov-19 12:04:41

What company?

annie55w Sun 24-Nov-19 12:01:47

Have to say I had the same problem twice with Matalan.Ordered click and collect.Other shops are much quicker with their click and collect.In this case it was nearly a week and then told half my order wasn't available.Money already taken of course and quite a wait for refund.I gave them the benefit of the doubt the first time but when it happened again I gave up with them.

Lesley60 Sun 24-Nov-19 11:48:48

Contact Resolver they are brilliant and has helped me get a swift refund on two occasions from well known companies.

travelsafar Sun 24-Nov-19 11:42:33

It is Matalan and i have put a post on their face book page as a warning to other people.

4allweknow Sun 24-Nov-19 11:21:04

Matalan I guess. I had the same with M & S only this week. Ordered an item arranged collection at a Simply Food for the first available date a week later. Day before advised out of stock and refund will be made in 5 days. Terrible system and money with them for nearly 2 weeks. Decided there and then no more shopping on line with this company. Nearest store is 30 miles away now so very rarely will I be trekking that distance. At least I didn't wait in.

Cp43 Sun 24-Nov-19 10:33:31

Tell them you’re going to give them a poor review on social media if they don’t sharpen upand they will soon pay attention. It does work. Once you have your money leave a review and inform everyone how unreliable they are.

EllaKeat Sun 24-Nov-19 10:27:46

Would guess at Matalan, they have lots in our local store.

And you are correct, it is a disgrace. They are very quick to take payment and ridiculously slow to refund.

Good luck!

Juicylucy Sun 24-Nov-19 10:27:29

Matalan do suitcases not sure Monsoon or Morrison’s do especially this time of year.

Nannan2 Sun 24-Nov-19 10:26:46

Im going for matalan!hmmgrin

RosesAreRed21 Sun 24-Nov-19 10:25:08

That is so annoying and I would be fuming too.

Nannan2 Sun 24-Nov-19 10:25:00

M&N?? Not a cluegrinplease just tell usgringrin

polnan Sun 24-Nov-19 10:22:23

Interest? where does anyone get any substantial interest from?

o.k. no I have no idea who you mean, yes, name them and shame them....