Gransnet forums

Chat

Saw this house the other day

(14 Posts)
Gonegirl Mon 25-Nov-19 11:05:34

The garden has been totally dedicated to Extinction Rebellion.

Apparently the neighbours complain, but I would love to live next door. It's very cheery.

It's not actually as junkie as it looks in my poor photos.

glammanana Mon 25-Nov-19 11:14:30

I love the shape of the house but that's about all, each to their own.

EllanVannin Mon 25-Nov-19 11:15:48

If I didn't have to pay rates I'd live next door !

Never mind, the gales will soon sort it out.

glammanana Mon 25-Nov-19 11:26:33

EV There is a detached house next to New Brighton golf club which a good gust of wind will demolish in one puff I don't know how it is still standing its been like that for 20+ yrs thing is its not stopped the houses next to it selling and they market at about £275K.

EllanVannin Mon 25-Nov-19 11:35:18

I've seen it Glamma. They're lovely houses along there. It's a wonder the council haven't stepped in after all this time. I bet it's rotten throughout with damp and woodworm, being situated where it's more or less open to the elements at the back. And yes, they're costly.

Gonegirl Mon 25-Nov-19 11:43:34

There is a house nearly opposite my daughter's house like that. It looks as though it's practically falling in on itself. No work been done on it for years, but people still living there. It's a bit of an eyesore but council can't do anything beclause it's privately owned. The people must have mental health issues. Sad really.

glammanana Mon 25-Nov-19 12:00:42

Gonegirl The house in question was many years ago put up for part exchange with a new homes builder the woman wanted to move to something smaller she was 60ish then so she must have died by now,so either she had no family or it has just been left I can't understand the Council allowing it to happen.The pic's of your house look very upmarket compared to the one near me and EV

Gonegirl Mon 25-Nov-19 12:32:39

They do have some lovely houses round there Glamma. Built in the days when they knew how to build homes, not just little boxes. Shame when a house is left to go to rack and ruin. Should be a family home.

NanaandGrampy Mon 25-Nov-19 13:05:47

Yup ... hate that !

And would hate to live next door. There has to be better ways of showing support for climate change.

Alexa Mon 25-Nov-19 13:12:47

I would love to have signboards in my garden devoted to Extinction Rebellion but I fear my little place may be vandalised

Calendargirl Mon 25-Nov-19 14:01:46

Looks a real tip, glad they’re not MY neighbours.

Gonegirl Mon 25-Nov-19 14:34:25

No. Didn't look a tip at all. My photos don't do it justice.

Oopsminty Mon 25-Nov-19 14:39:55

Quirky.

I like it

Liz46 Mon 25-Nov-19 15:08:03

Glammanana, we have just driven past that house by the golf club and I'm amazed I hadn't noticed it before. It could be lovely. The man who extended and is doing up the house on the other side of the road (a bit nearer the motorway) should buy it. He's doing a lovely job.