Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Wed 27-Nov-19 06:14:20

Good Morning Everyone,
I yet again wake up to dark sky and wet conditions here in Brackley this morning.
Today , brief trip into Brackley to check at a branded opticians to see if they do gift cards, a call into WHS and buy some Xmas stamps, then maybe browse at some DVDs before bus home ,and a quiet day in.
Mick

conor Wed 27-Nov-19 14:32:28

Very late to the party today as it is GS1 & 2 day, so school run and walk in the park and splash in the puddles (GS2 not me!) So delighted with Gillybobs news and those burgundy patent shoes will bring a smile to everyone's face. I hope Evie can wait til Thurssmile
Sending good wishes to everyone with worries or troublessunshinexxx

Mapleleaf Wed 27-Nov-19 14:29:00

? whywhywhy. This weather doesn't help. Hope you are feeling a little better, depression is a horrible thing.

NfkDumpling Wed 27-Nov-19 13:02:39

Lovely to hear your news Gilly. Onwards and upwards. Hopefully Mr G will soon be able to see little Evie in the flesh which would give him a tremendous boost.

And flowers for Why. This is an awful time of year for depression and dismal weather doesn’t help. The sun nearly broke through here a minute ago, so hopefully it’s come out for you and lifted your spirits a bit.

Gelisajams Wed 27-Nov-19 12:37:28

Thrilled to read things things look so much more positive for Mr And Mrs Gilly. For weeks the first thing I look at is to see if Gilly has posted!

vena11 Wed 27-Nov-19 12:09:26

flowers whywhywhy

whywhywhy Wed 27-Nov-19 11:38:17

Good morning from a dull grey and damp Market Harborough area.

Sending love and hug to Gillybob.

Not doing much today, fighting depression and it seems to be winning.

Love to everyone. x

GrandmasueUK Wed 27-Nov-19 11:35:07

Good morning all from an overcast miserable Greater Manchester. I have been up for quite a while, but tend to get working on the computer for a while. So I'm late on here again!

So pleased to hear Gilly's better news. Her day with Evie seems to have lifted her spirits a little as well.

I love reading about what other people are getting up to each day. New York, Spain, shopping and pub lunches all sound wonderful.

Five former colleagues and I try to get together quite regularly for lunch, but it's proving to be really difficult in December, considering we are all retired but with childcare, days away and other duties! We've been trying for two days now.

Hoping everyone has a lovely Wednesday erm... afternoon and evening!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 27-Nov-19 11:04:41

gillybob so pleased that you had a lovely day with Evie.

Your dear husband is hopefully on the road to recovery, from experience (BIL) it can be a long and winding road.
Remember to take care of you flowers

Mapleleaf Wed 27-Nov-19 10:48:42

gilly it sounds as if you had a lovely day with Evie. Also, good news about your husband. My guess is he did recognise Evie if he was stroking her photo. Sending my best wishes and prayers to you. ??

NanKate Wed 27-Nov-19 10:38:37

You’ve made my day Gilly ?

Marydoll Wed 27-Nov-19 10:20:24

It's so uplifting to hear more positive news from Gilly.

NannyJan53 Wed 27-Nov-19 10:12:10

Such a relief gilly that you are happier and that DH is responding well, and that you had a good day with little Evie. Long may it continue

Nannylovesshopping Wed 27-Nov-19 09:51:03

Gillybob so glad you had a lovely day with little Evie, she’s obviously going to be a shoes girl ????and possibly ???as well! Your dear husband also making improvements, yay!

vena11 Wed 27-Nov-19 09:38:33

A late Good Morning from a wet miserable Bristol.
I over slept and slept like a baby all night the first time for about 2 weeks, really needed it.
I got most of my Christmas shopping done yesterday just one parcel now to collect from Marks and I am done (I think ) thank goodness.
Some house work today and then school pick up and give them their tea before mum comes home and takes them to gym and football training, they never seem to stop.
I hope everyone has a good day and hopefully nice news from Gillybob

Ginny42 Wed 27-Nov-19 09:36:37

Great news Gilly, you must be feeling much happier with the improvement in your DH. However tiny it's all in the right direction. Evie sounds a little character and she knows what she likes! x

Annapops Wed 27-Nov-19 09:30:22

Good morning all from a dull, dreary County Durham. Those hills behind our house are hidden by cloud once again.

Yesterday's trip out with GD 2 took us to Bowes Museum. The Lego trail kept her attention for a while although she was not in the least interested in the Norman Cornish exhibition currently on show there (well, she is only 3). A reason for us to return on our own I think.

Today some Christmas gifts will need to be collected and yet more wrapping!

Later some time to relax as Wednesday is the day I recharge my batteries after two busy days with GD plus after school teatime with two small GS's.

I do hope you enjoyed your time with Evie, Gilly. I'm sure she must have helped strengthen your determination to get through such a painful time. Please take care of yourself and know we are all wishing your DH continues to improve.

Have a peaceful day everyone. X

Urmstongran Wed 27-Nov-19 09:29:51

Such a heartening post to read gillybob just what you needed to hear and see last night.
? ☑️

Mapleleaf Wed 27-Nov-19 09:27:40

Good morning,

It's yet another damp, misty and dismal morning here in South Yorkshire. A bit of sunshine is just what we need.

It's my SiL's birthday today. She didn't want a fuss, so we are all meeting at her daughters for a surprise tea - she thinks it's the usual visit to me for a cuppa and catch up, so I hope she takes the surprise well! ?(It's only a bit of a fuss - not a full blown party at a venue ?).

Today I've got a few jobs to do, including some ironing. There are a lot of leaves on the grass again, but it's too wet to go and rake them up - well, that's my excuse, anyway. If it dries up a bit, I may go out and do it....

Hope your day with Evie was lovely, gilly and gave you a bit of a tonic. Also hope the news continues to be that your DH is making further progress.

Take care, everyone.

Lisagran Wed 27-Nov-19 09:26:44

Oh Gilly so pleased to read your post and hear that you had a lovely day with Evie - that must have cheered you up no end. Sounds like good progress being made in the hospital too - that’s great. Don’t wear yourself out! Xx

aggie Wed 27-Nov-19 09:26:05

Good Morning all, dull but dry here , thank goodness ?
Seniors Club this morning , I have no idea what we will be doing , but it is always enjoyable and it is a good test run for my hearing aids , still getting used to them
Glad you had a good day Gillybob good wishes for continued improvement xxx

Sar53 Wed 27-Nov-19 09:22:35

Good morning everyone from a sunny Essex by the sea. I am off to London this afternoon to meet up with a cousin who is over from Australia with her family. The last time I saw her was about 45 years ago just before she emigrated with her mum and dad.
We are meeting up with another cousin and going to the Sky garden in the Walkie Talkie building on Fenchurch Street. I am very much looking forward to catching up with all the family news.
I hope there is good news from Gilly today. I wish you all a lovely Wednesday.

gillybob Wed 27-Nov-19 09:19:32

Good morning from the NE coast where, as Harri said up thread, we have thick fog. I live very close to the sea and have had the fog horn in competition with the various ships “lying off” who have all been sounding their horns all night .

I had a lovely day with little miss Evie yesterday . We had a lovely lunch of fish fingers, smiley potato faces and peas (I will be finding peas all over the house for a while) and then we headed off for our shoe shopping fix. She was fitted for her shoes but they had very little choice in her size (it’s a tiny little Clark’s) but she fell in love with a pair of burgundy patent leather shoes and clutched one to her although it was far too big. The lady said they could order them in her size/fit so we left empty handed awaiting a call to say they had arrived . Probably Thursday. We then tried coats and hats on in Next before heading up to Asda for a little food shop. She is very independent now and at 18 months likes to walk although it’s a bit dead slow/stop. It was raining too and she seemed to find every possible puddle . Peppa Pig has a lot to answer for. grin

Anyway safely delivered home I went straight to the hospital to find DH greatly improved. I showed him photos of Evie and he really seemed to take notice. Not sure he knew who she was exactly but he stroked her face which was quite upsetting .

They are going to try him without the Tracheostomy mask today (using some nasal oxygen instead ) with a view to removing it altogether soon. Another very positive step.

I’m at the dentist in less than an hour then hospital, then “that place” then hospital again . NEED to win that lottery soon.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

Love Gillybob x

Rufus2 Wed 27-Nov-19 09:17:43

May I remind you, I am a woman, I can do anything!

Of course I don't! I wouldn't dare what with you being Scotch sorry, a Scot, living in Glasgow(?) You'd be an expert on weather living up there, especially the cold sort! hmm

But I must get to Specsavers; at first glance I thought Shirley said "You don't get older, you get fatter" She could be right some of the time, but that's not what she said, did she!?

oldgaijin Wed 27-Nov-19 09:17:37

G ood morning all from darkest, flooded Aberdeenshire.
The rive has burst its banks and the floodplain is rapidly disappearing under water.

Had a lovely evening with friends who were all colleagues when we worked for the National Trust for Scotland. The consensus of opinion is that the organisation is top heavy with admin staff etc. and they are mostly a bunch of eejits, but it was good to have a nice blether, a good meal and to get all the gossip.

The mutt and I are off to the very wet woodies this morning but he should be cosy in his new, waterproof jacket.

Have a good day and keep dry.

Greyduster Wed 27-Nov-19 09:15:14

A late good morning (they seem to get later!) to Michael and all GNs from a cold, grey, wet South Yorkshire. I slept like a top last night but am having strange dreams lately! We are off to a local garden centre today to try and finish the Christmas shopping. I say garden centre - they all seem to offer “multiple retail opportunities” these days, don’t they? Hope Gilly and Mr G have a good day, and ditto to all you folks.