Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Mornng Sunday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Sun 01-Dec-19 06:17:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark it doe not look as if it was as frosty as yesterday morning.
Quiet day today for me do some packing, as I am off on a short break tomorrow morning until Friday to Bournemouth , a festive break as opposed to a turkey and tinsel .
The TV situation as not changed , seems as though a part is needed so myself and others suffer another day without TV .
We have had electrocutions in rewiring , new lighting and smoke alarms plus new ceiling panels , which have covered over trap doors for TV cabling.
Hoping before I leave after 1030 tomorrow something has been done , but otherwise it will be when I get back will I have TV then .
Mick

ninathenana Sun 01-Dec-19 08:36:21

Good morning everyone. Back to the gloom here in Kent. The thick fog early yesterday turned into a lovely sunny day.
The Christmas lights were turned on in town last night. The High St. had been closed all day for a mini Christmas market whilst a live band played. It's a good effort for a small town.
DD stayed last night but she is working this afternoon.
Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Sun 01-Dec-19 08:51:27

Can I just say - all this talk of ginger pudding with white sauce, roast lamb, sausage rolls, creamed cabbage, steak pie etc has me drooling already and I’ve not even had my (boring) Weetabix yet!

Pittcity Sun 01-Dec-19 08:54:18

Good morning from a cold but not frosty Colchester. DH was happy not having to scrape the car this morning.
Christmas (it's December so I can use that word) events in town today and roast beef dinner.
There's no need to miss TV if you've got broadband and a computer with iPlayer etc. We are often watching different programmes at the same time here.

BlueSapphire Sun 01-Dec-19 08:55:30

Flowerlover, fancy that! I sit behind the goal post in the South Stand, about 7 rows up; they are really good seats and we have a brilliant view when Saints score a try!

harrigran Sun 01-Dec-19 08:56:41

Urmston, it is just coming up to 4am in NY.

Urmstongran Sun 01-Dec-19 08:58:13

Thanks harrigran I’m rubbish!

Nice to think we are ahead of America though ?

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 01-Dec-19 08:59:24

Good morning from east London, no frost here today. Have spent a fair bit of time this morning looking for a plumber; upstairs loo has a leak on the cistern so it’s ‘bucket’ flush only and the netty door (new one fitted in the summer) is stuck fast so that’s not available. You have to laugh. Just as well there’s just the 2 of us. Taking GD to the cinema today to see Frozen 2; it’s a surprise after we collect her from her dad (my acronym for him is MG). Hope you all have a lovely day

Anniebach Sun 01-Dec-19 09:04:41

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

kittylester Sun 01-Dec-19 09:17:01

'Pinch Punch' always reminds me of PRINTMISS

loopylou Sun 01-Dec-19 09:28:27

Good morning everyone.
Nothing much planned today other than cooking a roast dinner and a pudding ( lemon surprise pud I think) for DD before she leaves for home later this afternoon.
Hope you all have a lovely day!

Susan56 Sun 01-Dec-19 09:30:22

Good morning from Yorkshire.Not as cold as yesterday.We are going to walk into the village to meet my cousins and then will be heading for home.
Hope Marydoll is enjoying New York.
Get well wishes to all feeling under the weather and sending love and thoughts to gilly and her husband.Hope the improvement is continuing.x

vena11 Sun 01-Dec-19 09:35:02

Good Morning all from a bright Bristol.
Not much on today but hopefully I will get out in the garden now the tress have finished dropping, its been so wet I have been putting it off.
Christmas presents all wrapped cards to finish and its only the first, retirement certainly makes this easier.
I hope everyone has a good day today and all who are worried are less so.

Feelingmyage55 Sun 01-Dec-19 09:37:57

Good morning from a very cold but beautiful Scotland. Even the spiders’ webs are frozen. A quiet catch up day for me as I have been running around visiting. I have been out of signal much of this week but had a scan through the posts and am delighted for the gillybobs that things are looking up. Long may it continue. What a stalwart champion you are for your DH and family gillybob. Looking forward to hearing what marydoll is up to.

delia170169 Sun 01-Dec-19 09:40:43

Good morning all from frosty sunny Cumbria. All packed and off to London with my OH soon ahead of a few days in Bruges. Have a good day everyone ?

conor Sun 01-Dec-19 09:44:23

Morning from a very cold Essex, although think it is as haven't ventured outside yet! Going to hit the shops today and try to finish Xmas shopping although I never seem to finish until 24th as always see something else I think I need!! ?
Hope Marydoll made the Big Apple, Urmstongran is enjoying the sunshine(send some here!) sunshine, we have more good news from Gillybob and Evie loves her new shoes! xxx

Greyduster Sun 01-Dec-19 09:46:41

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Sorry your tech problems are still ongoing, Mick, but enjoy your break. Not such a hard frost in South Yorkshire this morning, but cold. DD is running in her club’s annual “Percy Pud” race this morning - all runners get a Christmas pudding! I would need more incentive than that just to get out of bed! I was up half the night with a UTI; I’ll have to keep it at bay until I can get to the surgery, so a quiet day near the downstairs loo for me. Have a good day folks.

Urmstongran Sun 01-Dec-19 09:51:14

MG. hmm....
?
My mind is trying to fit something and I might just have it?

aggie Sun 01-Dec-19 09:52:02

Good Morning all , lovely and bright out , but very cold
The washing machine is chundering away and I hope to get it all hung out for a while , it smells so nice from the air
Waiting to hear of Marydoll and her adventures wink
Great to hear that MrGillybobs is improving smile

Susan56 Sun 01-Dec-19 09:55:07

Welcome flowerlover??

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 01-Dec-19 10:23:09

Morning all from a chilly but not too frosty South Notts.
Hope to go out for the weekly shop shortly and a drive round to make sure the car battery stays topped up if it's not foggy like yesterday. At least it's dry.
Hope all is well and sending positive vibes to those with worries and difficulties.

Roses Sun 01-Dec-19 10:29:44

Good morning from a beautiful sunny Chester. Last night I watched my twelve year old granddaughter sing a solo in the cathedral in front of seven hundred and fifty people and then she sang with G4 she was amazing and I was so proud I could have burst!
Tired today but will be out walking later wish I was in NY like Marydoll.
I hope you all have a lovely day

gillgran Sun 01-Dec-19 10:35:39

A lovely sunny morning, here in Cambridgeshire, a treat after the foggy day yesterday.
I love the idea of those special snowmen, (NFK),

moggie Sun 01-Dec-19 10:36:36

Good morning Mick & all from damp, chilly Nottingham.
Steam Christmas pudding today & DD coming over to plan NYC itinerary, hope you’re having s wonderful time Marydoll.
Thoughts are with Gillybob& her DH & to hear he continues to improve, hope your tooth settles down Gillybob.
Hope all not well, struggling or have worries have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Sun 01-Dec-19 10:47:10

Greetings from New York, it's it's five am and I can't sleep! It's also freezing. I have consoled myself with a bar of chocolate, secreted under the bed covers. I'm sharing it with no-one!

I cannot believe we have made it, it's been one of the most stressful journeys I have ever done!!!

Are you ready??

1. Went to check in and were asked why we weren't on the earlier flight to Dublin. DS tried to explain that we had been bumped off that flight!
Eventually got it sorted , but when I checked the boarding cards, despite have reserved our seats, we were all sitting in random seats all over the plane. DGD aged four, would be sitting on her own at the back of the plane all the way to NY!! We were told to sort it at Dublin.?
DS was getting really stressed and I was unsuccessfully trying to calm him.
At Dublin, the transfer staff were most unhelpful' advised us to sort it at the gate!!! No- one would help us.

I suggested DS Tweet the two national airlines involved. He then went to the gate to asked for help, the staff weren't interested either. The next minute a manager arrived when he realised something was wrong and said they were trying to sort it. They had obviously read the tweet.
Eventually DIL and the wee one got sitting together , with DS behind them.
I could feel my chest getting tighter and tighter.☹️

2 Whilst sitting at Glasgow, I noticed a commotion, involving security staff. I looked at them, gathered around a bag. You guessed, DH had left it lying, when trying to sort out the seating fiasco..

3 I lost my wrist splint at security at Glasgow. I had to practically strip and needed three trays for my stuff. However, no- one was interested in my bag of medication, which had been my biggest worry! Relief!!

4 Eventually arrived in NY, DGS' stroller was missing! Eventually located at the other end of the airport!!! This was the last time we ever planned to use it, but not as soon as this.

5 DS had spent an arm and a leg, organising a pick up, to save me having to walk. An hour later, no car, it was freezing, DGD was exhausted and everyone was trying not to fall out! The hire company weren't answering their phone.?
We eventually had to trail through the airport to find a taxi ( no trolleys), with five cases, a buggy and me with a fixed grin my face.?

6 We eventually all crammed in the taxi, it was a nightmare, weaving in and out of traffic ?? at 70 mph!.
I was sure I was going to die in New York, WITHOUT, having even hit the shops.☹️
What a shallow person I am!!!

Hoping for continuing good news from Gilly and thinking of all those with pain or worries.

I will be back! Hoping for a successful day at the outlet, but I'm not counting on it! ?

Rufus2 Sun 01-Dec-19 10:53:42

Good Evening again from a colder Melb. sad
I think I need some help here. Does anyone receive a direct message from Mick.? He opens this thread without fail every morning and receives posts wishing him a nice day etc., but I never see any acknowledgements from him on this or any other threads.
I wonder if my system is not set up properly because this could be limiting my contact with others; weirder things have happened before on GN. hmm
Any ideas please?