Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(62 Posts)
Beechnut Tue 03-Dec-19 06:42:21

Up you get and come on in ?

Bellanonna Tue 03-Dec-19 20:53:00

MaryD, sorry but I did laugh. It’s the way you tell ‘em,
Hope you are having an easier day today which I think is your last full day. Safe journey home.

Megs36 Tue 03-Dec-19 18:23:36

Marydoll, sorry just realised you are on your way home tomorrow so hope today was good.

Megs36 Tue 03-Dec-19 18:20:30

What a disaster Marydoll, and what a shame, NY is wonderful for adults, you were all pretty brave taking small children on this trip, also considering all your health problems. Several years since we went but I know I’d find it very difficult/impossible now with age and deteriorating health, not to mention the expense. Hope you get a bit of enjoyment in your last few days there.

cornergran Tue 03-Dec-19 13:22:58

Hang on in there *gilly, having been with a friend with delirium it is certainly scary, as the doctor said it should pass. Look after yourself. Sending love and a hug.

EllanVannin Tue 03-Dec-19 13:06:21

Well blow me, I've just realised that I haven't spoken this morning.
It's Good Afternoon now x. And what a beautiful day----a far cry from Marydoll's weather there. ( can't help but laugh though ) It's like the Griswald's--Chevy Chase and co.

Gillybob, it doesn't surprise me that your DH is suffering hallucinations, as lots do after the trauma itself then the medicinal cosh that's had to be administered for each different symptom-----but that will eventually sort itself out I can assure you xx

I was up and out for fresh milk, after having felt a bit odd first thing, no pain or anything just slightly strange so I pulled myself together and showered it away to which I was okay after that. It was as though I " wasn't here ?" Ah well, it needn't bother coming back !

Had breakfast, put washing machine on then went onto Ebay to order one or two more things for the children. Try as I might to keep costs down there's little change from a couple of hundred when there are 7 children.

D dropped in yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours and was so pleased to get a chunk of PPI through the post as only a month ago she had to buy a new central heating boiler which used up most of her savings but she was able to put it back. I was so thrilled for her as she'd been a bit down at the time knowing that she'd have to pay out. I'd offered to go halves but she'd refused. As she said, someone's looking down on her.

Anyway, hope all is well with everyone, wrap up well.

Kalu Tue 03-Dec-19 12:48:04

Marydoll, it’s positively balmy weather here in Glasgow, 7deg. with sunny bits. Hope your trip goes without any more mishaps and you can get on with the serious business of shopping?

Sorry to hear your DH isn’t out of the woods just yet gilly It is a very slow process at this stage but he has made such good progress this far and now it’s a waiting game until he turns that corner back. Stay strong with caring, healing vibes for both of you.

What a beautiful cross stitch Brunette10. Always more special it being made by your DD.

Not at all bored with your daily pics EllaKeat. They are positively stunning views and so uplifting.

Have a pleasant day all with added strength to those with troubles

Marydoll Tue 03-Dec-19 12:09:28

Urmstongran, flying home on Wednesday evening to London, then up to Glasgow at lunchtime. ( I hope!!!)

Urmstongran Tue 03-Dec-19 12:06:42

How long are you staying Marydoll? It must be cold for you, a Glasgow girl to be feeling it! Are you enjoying it? I’d hate to feel freezing. I’d be miserable I’m afraid! I’d want stay in the hotel .... (joke - but only a bit!)

Marydoll Tue 03-Dec-19 11:31:34

Good morning all from the city that never sleeps (me included)! I have been awake from 4am a combination of my painful hip and time difference.

For some reason GN keeps asking for my password, so I had to sit in the toilet( too much info!!) to see what I was doing, without waking anyone?

Update from yesterday...
All did not go to plan.☹️

Poor DIL, woke up on her birthday, with a streaming cold, no voice and a dreadful cold and feeling very sorry for herself.
I had to revert to teacher mode and take charge, trying to be upbeat, cheery and jolly.
I thought my days of being group leader of a bunch of weans were over! ?
It was less stressful taking thirty school weans to camp!?

Initially, the day started well, we had a nice breakfast in an Italian deli...it went downhill after that.☹️

It started to snow, little flakes at first, then it got heavier.❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
Off we went to find the Hop on, hop off bus, which we found with no problem.
DS politely asked one of the guides if this was the Downtown tour. Well, the guide started haranguing us about being Scottish and buying our tickets online and not from him!!!?
The young ones wanted upstairs, on the top the covered perspex roof, it was positively Baltic!❄️?️? The flakes were coming through gaps in the roof. Bbbrrrrrr!

We had just sat down, when another Host came upstairs and started lecturing DIL about bringing the buggy upstairs and that she was depriving someone of a seat?
We were the only idiots tourists upstairs, it was so cold.
It did not auger well for the trip.

I have never felt so cold in my life, remember I live in Glasgow, I'm used to being cold.
DGD started crying, louder and louder, so much so that we were about to be thrown off the bus, as it turned into a total meltdown. Hell can be no worse than this
In the meantime, DH was oblivious to the cacophony, having earphones in his ears and being hard of hearing!!!?
DS decided to take the wee one off and grab a taxi back to the hotel, as she was coughing badly.
We stayed on the bus, but...DS went off with the map and out TICKETS!!!! We hadn't a clue where we were!!!!???????
I then had an angina attack and in trying to get into my bag, dropped the backpack with DH's pride and joy video camera in it. Oh dear, the atmosphere was decidedly frosty, for all the wrong reasons.?
We did make it back, in a blizzard, ?️, to find DH had lost the hotel room key!!! He is still denying he ever had one.?

We were actually very lucky, as the hop on buses were cancelled later on and snow chains were put on the local buses.
As it was so treacherous underfoot, we couldn't go out, the last thing we needed was me falling and breaking a hip!
So it was an afternoon of chilling, ( we probably needed it), entertaining DGD and catching up on GN.

We did get out later for an early dinner. We went to an Irish pub, staffed by Puerto Ricans, selling Italian food! That really appealed to my sense of humour!
I had the most delicious, breaded seafood linguine, which I intend to replicate at home.

To cap it all, I was not inside one shop, apart from a tacky souvenir shop, where they wanted $20 for a snow globe ?, I could have had the snow outside for free !!?

This is a special message for OldGoat! I have spotted a TKMAX, I just can't remember where it is. That is my mission for today.?
I'm sorry I wasn't with you yesterday to rein you in!!!?

We plan to find a bakery today, as DIL would like a huge cupcake, instead of a birthday cake. We have transferred her birthday to today, as she spent yesterday afternoon and evening in bed.?

We have an hour ( that really means two hours) of looking after DGD, while DIL gets her birthday present from the ?shop.

Fingers crossed, that today is a better day.?Hopefully I will be back with some better news tomorrow. Then again, I won't be able to cope with normality, I don't know what it's like.?

I was upset to read Gilly's post and hope that this is just a temporary setback.

Have a good day, whatever your plans.

Ellylanes1 Tue 03-Dec-19 11:20:56

Oh Gilly how distressing for you both, its common after major surgery and sedation, and will pass in time.flowers

EllaKeat Tue 03-Dec-19 10:40:23

Alygran 6ou werent at Dalton Park by any chance?

Les Mis was fantastic! But, we lkst about 10minutes of the concert when the connection dropped. It was brilliant?

CaroleAnne Tue 03-Dec-19 10:33:20

Good to hear from you Gillybob. Your husband although making physical progress probably needs more time to recover mentally. I hope that this is the case anyway. It is a strain on you and we are all thinking and praying that a there will be a good outcome. It may take a bit of time though. Hold on in there. You are doing a great job holding it all together. I am sending you both healing thoughts. xflowers

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 03-Dec-19 10:09:36

Morning all from a bright, sunny but cold South Notts. Expect a visit from sister later unless something comes up.
It must feel like one step forward, two steps back gilly, hang on in there, we're all willing you both on here.

MawB Tue 03-Dec-19 09:54:29

I remember Paw suffering from dreadful hallucinations after his transplant and the other lengthy operations on his bowel and his heart. He said years later they were worse than the worst nightmares he had ever known, so I send every sympathy.
So hard for you, it used to reduce me to tears when I was visiting him as I did not understand that it was not permanent.
This too shall pass flowers

Greyduster Tue 03-Dec-19 09:53:11

A late good morning to you all, and Michael in absentia. Another broken night for me, downing sodium citrate and ibuprofen! The sun is shining in South Yorkshire, though, and I feel a little better, so I must stir my stumps. I have promised GS I would make him a chicken pie. Why are we grans such a soft touch? School run later. Have a good day, people. Chin up Gilly?.

Grammaretto Tue 03-Dec-19 09:48:54

That must be terrible Gillybob. I hope he snaps out of it.
My friend had a psychotic episode and when we visited him in the psychiatric hospital it was very disturbing. He was suffering from paranoia and didn't want me anywhere near. DH was allowed.
I thought it was hopeless but he recovered fully and has no memory of that time.

aggie Tue 03-Dec-19 09:48:40

Oh Gilly hang in there it is early days xxxxx

eazybee Tue 03-Dec-19 09:47:23

Gillybob, I don't know if you are able to read the previous posts you made when you were in the depths of despair; your husband has made such progress since then, and is fighting so hard to overcome his trauma,
I do hope you are getting some emotional support for you; you are carrying such a burden on your own..

Alygran Tue 03-Dec-19 09:41:14

Gilly flowers

Ginny42 Tue 03-Dec-19 09:32:23

Gillyob Sending more strength and love. xx

Yiayia4 Tue 03-Dec-19 09:30:45

Gillybobs thinking of you xx

NfkDumpling Tue 03-Dec-19 09:29:29

Oh Gilly how very distressing for you, both of you. I do hope he ‘comes too’ soon. It must all be very scary. flowers and (((hugs))).

Como2020 Tue 03-Dec-19 09:23:31

gillbob Sending you strength and love. ?

BlueSapphire Tue 03-Dec-19 09:20:57

A late good morning from Northampton, where the sun is trying to poke through. I stayed in bed dozing till just gone 8, which is unheard for me! I will try and get to my health walk after lunch if it stays fine. Waiting to hear whether I need to pick up DGD from school this afternoon.

Attended the funeral yesterday of an ex-colleague's/friend's husband. The crematorium was packed, standing room only. My friend appeared to be coping well, but you are on auto-pilot really, as I found out at DH's funeral. We are hoping to meet up soon. Several other ex-colleagues were there as well, and it was good to have a chat and a catch-up. A few of us are meeting at someone's house next week for Christmas afternoon tea.

Stupidly clicked on what I thought was an email from Amazon last night renewing my Prime account, as it renews this month. Then checked, and found out it wasn't - so spent the rest of the evening changing passwords and scanning my devices. Nothing untoward found yet. Checked my Amazon account this morning, and bank account and all seems ok. Will keep checking.

Alygran, I am going to the encore screening of Les Mis on Sunday - glad it was good and looking forward to it. Also renewed my membership of our little art-house cinema, and then booked to see three more films. 'Knives Out', 'Last Christmas', and 'Little Women'.

Hoping to hear more about 'The Further Adventures of Marydoll in New York'!
Have a good day everyone.

Bellanonna Tue 03-Dec-19 09:15:41

gillybob ?