Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(52 Posts)
Rufus2 Wed 04-Dec-19 06:09:17

G'Day everyone! I've been up for a few hours feeling kind of restless, so in Mick's absence I thought I"d volunteer to open up and greet you all with a cheery good morning.
It's been a lovely day here in Melb. Cool at night but delightful when the morning clouds have gone. It's our 4th. official day of summer after all. smile Have a good one!
OoRoo

fatgran57 Wed 04-Dec-19 22:53:17

Good morning from Tasmania where it is cold and blustery. Rufus2 yes you are being very cheeky! So far so good so you may have just got away with it this time smile Did you receive my very long reply to your PM hope so. Best wishes to Gillybob and Luckygirl have been following your journey with great sympathy.

NfkDumpling Wed 04-Dec-19 15:36:32

Great to see you wrapped up all snug Marydoll - and Central Park looks lovely, if somewhat chilly. My DF always said that we get New York's weather a week later (bearing in mind we're at the eastern extremity), so it looks like you could be bringing a bit of even chillier weather back with you.

(((hugs)) Gilly - I do hope you received some reassurance from the consultant. You really are overdue some good luck. XX

Brunette10 Wed 04-Dec-19 14:14:51

A trip to remember for sure Marydoll - well done, you have survived wink safe journey home. Remember to collect all your bags smile

Marydoll Wed 04-Dec-19 12:01:40

More photos, I hope!

conor Wed 04-Dec-19 11:16:45

Good morning from a frosty Essex. Taken DGS1 to school then a winter walk in the park with DGS2. It really was walking in a winter wonderland and love seeing the world through his eyes. Then afternoon back to school to see DGS1 in his Xmas production. He is a 'Nazareth Neighbour"dressed in a 70s outfit, I can't wait and tears(happy) will be shed! Continuing good wishes to Gillybobs and can't believe Marydoll's NY adventure is nearly over but sure the saga will carry on once she is home?xxxx

Marydoll Wed 04-Dec-19 11:13:26

Hope these upload!!

Marydoll Wed 04-Dec-19 10:59:48

Good morning all, it's 5.30am and I have no idea what the weather is like outside here in NY.

Yesterday was a much better day, weatherwise and less disasters!!!

The weather was so bad on Monday that there were 300 road traffic accidents , 37,000 without power, all flights delayed or cancelled and the snow was crisp and even! Apart from that all is well.

We are booked for the top of the Rockefeller building at 9am, it was so busy yesterday, despite having tickets, we couldn't get up, so it's up and out early.

I was allowed an hour's shopping yesterday in TKMaxx, Old Goat, you would have loved it!!! I could have run amok buying Christmas items, but was so aware of luggage restrictions and DH's beady eye.
However, it was DH, ( the man, who never shops) who ended up buying!!?

5th Avenue felt very Christmassy, it was unfortunate that the Plaza tree isn't being lit until tonight. ☹️
After taking DGD to see the Frozen display in Saks, she was asleep when we got there.?
She had a little camera with her, so we took some pictures and told her that Santa took them for her.?

We are flying home at 10pm tonight to Heathrow, so it's going to be a long day. Hopefully no more stress over seating.
I was amazed that despite the very stressful journey and arrival in NY, I survived, without heart problems. I was a bit apprehensive.

Everyone ( apart from me) is coughing and spluttering.?.
I was tempted to post on the DIL thread, I'm saying no more!!!??
I should get MIL of the year award for services above and beyond. ?

It's a bit ironic that I'm the only one, who is feeling ok, well as good as I can be. It has been difficult at times, as I didn't want to hold my family back and spoil their day.
I'm glad I managed to come and thank God for the precious time I have had with my wee darling granddaughter. ?

I have included some pictures of Central Park and me outside Saks, 5th Avenue.
As you can see, I look like the Michelin man, I had so many layers on, I could hardly move! I have never been so cold ❄️
in my life, I was meant to be a native of the Mediterranean countries! ?

Hoping for better news from Gilly and glad to see Dragonfly, posting. ?

I'm having problems with the pictures, so will come back and post them!.

janzicb1 Wed 04-Dec-19 10:44:15

So pleased to hear the weather is getting better. My son and family have just moved that side from Perth and finding it very different indeed. But with the sunshine I’m sure it will make a good feeling again In Derbyshire where I live we got up to a hard frost but the sun is melting the ground now and it feels like a lovely day

Kalu Wed 04-Dec-19 10:31:27

Good morning from a wet and very windy Glasgow.

Texts coming in from DDs and GDs, what can we get Dad/Grampa for christmas. I replied with some good ideas then upon reflection realised those were the possible gifts I was going to give him myself!?. Why is it so difficult to think of gift ideas for men?

Still slowly putting the house back together, I took two pairs of curtains to the dry cleaners, £80 for two pairs of curtains?
I must be behind the times as I was pretty shocked at what is possibly a normal charge. The offer was four for the price of three so I thought 4 curtains was a good deal. Not to be, a pair of curtains is 1 item?

Better shake a leg and get back to instructing DH as he hangs paintings back in place.

Hoping you hear some reassuring news today gilly?

Safe home Marydoll

Good wishes to all for whatever lies ahead

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 04-Dec-19 10:25:57

Morning all from a sunny yet cold South Notts.
Off to town later to get fresh pipes for my hearing aids, an outing which I undertake twice a year. I'm sure I'll be able to take in a little Christmas shopping with coffee and cake too.
Sending positive vibes to all those who are troubled.

Megs36 Wed 04-Dec-19 10:10:26

Good morning all, and Rufus, you are being very cheeky! Love the sound of your summer, son in smoky Sydney says it’s v. hot there, Ican’t visualise distances though. ?

Alygran Wed 04-Dec-19 09:28:22

Good morning. Sunny and breezy here in North Yorkshire. I missed the sunrise as it was already daylight when I woke.
Market today then meeting former colleagues for lunch. I must write their Christmas cards to take with me.
Sending hugs to all that need them and wishing everyone some sunshine today.

dragonfly46 Wed 04-Dec-19 09:22:15

Good morning everyone.

Thank you to all of you for showing concern for my welfare.
I have been keeping a low profile as it is chemo again on Friday which means a round of hospital visits this week which do not make my days interesting and I am sure you don't want to hear about it.

I also got some very bad news about a friend.

I am sorry you are so worried still Gilly it must be very hard. I always think it is harder on the relatives than the patient. Watching your loved one suffer is so difficult. I really hope they can get on top of it at the hospital and sort Mr Gilly out. Sending hugs to you and flowers.

I hope Mary arrives back safely - I am guessing tomorrow morning after her adventures.

I also hope Lins is feeling better flowers

Sending love to all of you who care x

Auntieflo Wed 04-Dec-19 09:16:35

Good morning one and all. Annie you beat me to it again. we seem to be grtting up later and later these days.
It is bright, dry and frosty here, and I could hear the sound of ice being scraped from car windows as I came to.
So grateful that we do not have to be up and out at unreasonable hours, and are snug and warm in a cosy bed.
I have had a very sore upper arm for a week or more, and am beginning to think it is more than just a strain, as it isn't getting better and hurts to lift my arm up.
I have written our cards and just need to finish off the envelopes now, then start on wrapping presents. We have cut down, so that's good and shouldn't take so long.
Gillybob it's good to hear from you, even if there isn't much to write about, we do so like to know how things are for you. But sending love and best wishes to you and your family.
Also to Luckygirl who is having a hard time ,
Have a good day one and all, and that Marydoll arrives back home safely.

NannyJan53 Wed 04-Dec-19 09:06:06

Good Morning from a very bright and frosty Black Country,.

Partner is working from home today. I had decided to do some housework, vacuuming etc , now a good excuse not to smile

Had a good lunch with friends in Birmingham yesterday. Every time I go there I get lost as building works are still on going! Pedestrians suddenly find routes blocked!

Will pop round later to visit my friend, as she is stuck in today as she is having a new central heating system. My SIL will be there also as he is doing some outside work in the garden for her.

Thoughts are with you gilly hoping that your husbands delirium will ease soon.

Hoping too that Dragonfly is ok.

oldgaijin Wed 04-Dec-19 09:05:53

Good morning from a slightly damp but mild Aberdeenshire where there is a glorious sunrise.

The mutt has been out on morning pheasant patrol and they have all buzzed off to the next field...they'll be back as soon as I throw food to them.

Had a successful check up at optician...it's six weeks since the cataract was removed and I now have 20/20 vision in the eye. However, I need the other eye done too so have to wear specs with one lens removed...they are sunnies so I get one black eye in sunshine!

Am baking today for a charity Santa's Grotto at the weekend so better get a move on.

Have a good day.

Greyduster Wed 04-Dec-19 09:02:18

Good morning all. A night of strange dreams! The sun is shining in South Yorkshire - maybe the last time for a while. We are out for a walk and lunch today, and then I must think about getting some cards written later. Have a good day, folks. Kindest thoughts to Gilly and Mr G, and all who are struggling.

Anniebach Wed 04-Dec-19 08:51:49

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

moggie Wed 04-Dec-19 08:42:41

Good morning all from chilly, dry Nottingham.
Great nephew born in NZ, nice to receive good news.
No plans today, I’m in work.
Thoughts are with you Gillybob & your DH, for delirium to improve.
Hoping all not well or struggling have a better day, have a good day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 04-Dec-19 08:41:19

Good morning Rufus and all x

Sar53 enjoy the time with your GDs

Hope everyone has a good day x

Newquay Wed 04-Dec-19 08:34:59

Good morning from a frosty Staffs.
Venal-am just doing a free online CBT course for my insomnia called Sleepful-SO hopes it sorts out my insomnia. It does seem promising.
Maple leaf-have you thought of ecards? I’ve sent them for a few years now-I use 123greetings-saves a fortune, both on card and postage especially abroad and. . . No landfill. I can even include a Christmas letter too! I’m receiving more too.

gillybob Wed 04-Dec-19 08:32:00

Good morning from the NE coast where I am shattered having been awake most of the night.
No change with DH so I’m off to the hospital a bit sooner today as I have meeting with the consultant anaesthetist at 9 to discuss DH’s ongoing delirium . I will spend a few hours then I’m off to my own hell on Earth “that place” to do a bit more damage limitation, then back to the hospital. How did my life get so exciting?

Hope to see Dragonfly posting again soon . I am so sorry to be wrapped up in my own misery that I did not realise she hadn’t posted for a while . Hope you are okay Dragonfly smile

Hope Marydoll had the best time in the Big Apple ( despite a few of her usual antics) and that everyone else had a good Wednesday .

Love Gilly x

EllaKeat Wed 04-Dec-19 08:30:26

Morning All,

Thinking of gillybob, and hoping Marydoll gets home in one piece!

Its my donkey and llama day today and the sun is out here in Durham, so should be much easier than plodging everywhere!

Back from my walk, not the beach today, but an old quarry, now country park.

Hope everyone stars safe and warm today.

Pantglas2 Wed 04-Dec-19 08:28:13

Morning all from blue skies in north Wales- hopefully it’ll stay that way as we have some young men coming to lop the hedge at the back. DH did our half in the summer but his hip is too bad now to be lurching on ladders!

My dad’s coming to my rescue this morning- bringing jam jars! He’s not daft saving them as every Xmas he gets them back in a hamper filled with his favourite preserves!

I hope we have more good news from Gillybob and have also wondered where dragonfly is? Can’t wait as well for another episode of Marydoll marvellous life......!

harrigran Wed 04-Dec-19 08:24:16

Good morning froma dry NE where it is 4 degrees.
Stay at home day again as new bed is being delivered at some point.
My sister said she would visit this afternoon, must try and get some cards written before then.
Thinking of the gillybobs.